eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   How long to wait to transfer? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/111857-how-long-wait-transfer.html)

aking 10-31-2017 08:21 PM

How long to wait to transfer?

So say you sell an expensive item (Over $400) and the buyer receives, the funds are released 3 days later but you never hear from the buyer again. No feedback, thank you, nothing. How long do you wait to transfer the funds to your bank?

GreenBean 10-31-2017 08:37 PM

Re: How long to wait to transfer?

For me, depends on the account.

Aged working account, 2/3 if the funds after 96 hours,

Account not as old, then I wait one week. I leave monthly fees and transfer 2/3.

I leave extra funds in accounts. But pay fees by card. I decline allowing PayPal to ever dip into my accounts.
:typing:

aking 11-01-2017 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebaystealth1974 (Post 881352)
What's the purpose of NOT paying ebay fees with paypal?

Lets please not thread jack, lol. This is about how long to wait to transfer funds after a sale. Or in other words, when is it "safe" to transfer funds out. I always seem to get at least 1 or 2 buyers that come back after 7-8 days and wants a refund for whatever stupid reason or just didn't like the item.

My items are high priced and I dont sell maybe of them.

Sometimes I think they order it for an event, use it and then they return it when they're done with it.

How can you protect from this situation? I guess the only real option is to wait the 14 days until they are unable to return the item??

GreenBean 11-01-2017 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aking (Post 881480)

How can you protect from this situation? I guess the only real option is to wait the 14 days until they are unable to return the item??

Is this your choice of a 14 day return period?

Returns will happen if eBay/PayPal choose, regardless of the time frame.

:juggle:

aking 11-01-2017 08:09 PM

I really just wish eBay would push a transaction closure method so things can't just stand open-ended. Like a buyer needs to respond and close a transaction within a certain time period to protect the seller. I think this is where a lot of transactions go sour. Its like why did you wait 10 days after you received it to address an issue you had with the item.

Right now it seems a buyer will make a purchase and you never hear anything, which is all good until they come back 10 days later. Even after you try and contact them for feedback and get no response. Especially after they sent you 21 questions about the item and asking about every little detail about the item when it was listed, then they just disappear.

GreenBean 11-01-2017 08:14 PM

Huh? You want seller protection from eBay/PayPal?

You need hard work for that.

I get what you mean though.

Grovelling to look after buyers gets tiring.
:mad:

aking 11-01-2017 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean (Post 881491)
Huh? You want seller protection from eBay/PayPal?

You need hard work for that.

I get what you mean though.

Grovelling to look after buyers gets tiring.
:mad:

I know I know, I'm preaching to the choir lol.

SaiJin 11-01-2017 08:35 PM

Aking, you've been here for a long time, I'm assuming by now you'd already know how this kinda thing will unfold...

It doesn't matter if you set it to a 14 day return, eBay will never EVER follow your rules.

So I'd always have the mindset of "Ok, I'm going to sell this, expect trouble, be prepared".
In terms of withdrawing, I'd withdraw it immediately, but that's me and I have never had issues with that.

The rest when it comes with returns and your worries, there's nothing you can do about it. Perhaps you can email the buyer and just make sure if everything is ok and if they need help etc.

joanna4051 01-08-2018 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean (Post 881487)
Is this your choice of a 14 day return period?

Returns will happen if eBay/PayPal choose, regardless of the time frame.

:juggle:

I’m not sure about PayPal but the timeframe for eBay is 6 long months. I’ve had returns after several months and the only one time that eBay graciously ruled in my favor was when the buyer tried to return an item after she had it over 6 months.

dallis 01-08-2018 11:42 AM

I can confirm, I've have charge-backs that were for transactions even longer than 180 days.

Credit card disputes can often be filed up to a year or more, and those will accrue to you as well.

On EB no transaction is ever truly complete... or so it seems.