eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Selling digital goods- tracking number? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/111950-selling-digital-goods-tracking-number.html)

mrbitty 11-04-2017 03:19 AM

Selling digital goods- tracking number?

I would like to sell some digital goods on ebay but the problem now is for some of these sales paypal would probably ask for certain information (shipping details, invoice etc) and even if they don't ask right away, I would like to be cautious about this, So I would like to ask, would it be acceptable to send a confirmation letter via post to the buyer? At least that way I can get a tracking number to add on paypal or is there an online service that would provide me with tracking numbers?

shad0wd0wn 11-04-2017 03:54 AM

Re: Selling digital goods- tracking number?

mmm good luck, lots of people dispute for digital goods

JohnWall 11-04-2017 05:38 AM

Could always burn a copy onto a blank CD and mail it to them too?

GreenBean 11-04-2017 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrbitty (Post 882021)
I would like to sell some digital goods on ebay but the problem now is for some of these sales paypal would probably ask for certain information (shipping details, invoice etc) and even if they don't ask right away, I would like to be cautious about this, So I would like to ask, would it be acceptable to send a confirmation letter via post to the buyer? At least that way I can get a tracking number to add on paypal or is there an online service that would provide me with tracking numbers?

If you ‘do’ the letter, consider the CD as JohnHall just suggested in the post above.

That hard copy is nice proof.

;)

WEI 11-04-2017 09:03 PM

This is considered as HIGH RISK for paypal, and yes, there could be buyers claiming for defective digital goods - disputes incoming! So goodluck.

WEI 11-04-2017 09:04 PM

And also, you're only selling digital goods? sooner or later, your account will get limited for selling too much of digital goods without providing tracking. And i haven't seen an online service providing you with tracking, etc.

BiN4RY 11-04-2017 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WEI (Post 882193)
And also, you're only selling digital goods? sooner or later, your account will get limited for selling too much of digital goods without providing tracking. And i haven't seen an online service providing you with tracking, etc.

No, you won't get limited simply for "shipping without tracking". It's chargebacks and problematic transactions that always kill the account.

mrbitty 11-05-2017 04:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BiN4RY (Post 882198)
No, you won't get limited simply for "shipping without tracking". It's chargebacks and problematic transactions that always kill the account.

I think there is some truth to what WEI posted, one of my account is currently limited and its not because of charge back, Paypal are asking for shipping invoice, tracking, documents. Its a stealth account so how do I provide ID and docs? So generally I think providing some kind of tracking goes a long way in helping the account's longevity.

WEI 11-05-2017 04:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BiN4RY (Post 882198)

Sorry, but i'm just basing this on experience. PayPal ask for the invoices, proof of shipment, etc. I think you're just allowed for a certain limit before they take down your account.

WEI 11-05-2017 04:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrbitty (Post 882237)
I think there is some truth to what WEI posted, one of my account is currently limited and its not because of charge back, Paypal are asking for shipping invoice, tracking, documents. Its a stealth account so how do I provide ID and docs? So generally I think providing some kind of tracking goes a long way in helping the account's longevity.

You can easily send ⊗⊗⊗⊗ IDs, and what additional 'docs' do they asked?

BiN4RY 11-05-2017 04:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WEI (Post 882240)
Sorry, but i'm just basing this on experience. PayPal ask for the invoices, proof of shipment, etc. I think you're just allowed for a certain limit before they take down your account.

And I'm also talking about this from my experience too. I have accounts that I use to process direct Paypal payments for years, and I never add shipping number for any payments. A lot of these accounts are running perfectly well even today.

When Paypal starts to ask you for proof of shipments and invoices, that's typically caused by a variety of risk factors relating to your account activities. For example, if your account is somewhat new and you've received several large payments associated with risky items, you are very likely to receive a limitation asking for invoices and proofs of shipments, regardless of uploading a tracking number already or not. It's very unlikely for Paypal to limit your account based on the fact that you have no tracking numbers, if you have a low risk score for all other factors.

It's definitely a safe idea to provide tracking numbers for items you can ship, but there's no point trying to fool the system by uploading ⊗⊗⊗⊗ trackings, or ship unrelated junk to your recipients. A manual review can easily detect these, and risky items will always remain risky no matter if you have a tracking number or not. Digital goods are always considered rather high risk to Paypal, so you need to be very cautious when dealing with high amounts or high quantities.

mrbitty 11-16-2017 03:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean (Post 882038)
If you ‘do’ the letter, consider the CD as JohnHall just suggested in the post above.

That hard copy is nice proof.

;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by BiN4RY (Post 882243)
And I'm also talking about this from my experience too. I have accounts that I use to process direct Paypal payments for years, and I never add shipping number for any payments. A lot of these accounts are running perfectly well even today.

When Paypal starts to ask you for proof of shipments and invoices, that's typically caused by a variety of risk factors relating to your account activities. For example, if your account is somewhat new and you've received several large payments associated with risky items, you are very likely to receive a limitation asking for invoices and proofs of shipments, regardless of uploading a tracking number already or not. It's very unlikely for Paypal to limit your account based on the fact that you have no tracking numbers, if you have a low risk score for all other factors.

It's definitely a safe idea to provide tracking numbers for items you can ship, but there's no point trying to fool the system by uploading ⊗⊗⊗⊗ trackings, or ship unrelated junk to your recipients. A manual review can easily detect these, and risky items will always remain risky no matter if you have a tracking number or not. Digital goods are always considered rather high risk to Paypal, so you need to be very cautious when dealing with high amounts or high quantities.

Thanks for the replies, if my payments come from Sellfy / Fiverr, would paypal still create a fuss about the tracking number and all that?

GreenBean 11-16-2017 03:30 AM

Pttfffttt... what can I say about PayPal?

Once years ago, they did a temp hold on a Charity deduction of under 10 quid. #%^}#^&
I was not best pleased with that.

I could not say absolutely PayPal would be okay. I know PayPal has accepted sales from those sources before.
:peace:

Psydox 11-16-2017 03:34 AM

I just permanent limited from paypal before 1week for selling digital goods on eBay so good luck.

GreenBean 11-16-2017 04:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psydox (Post 884869)
I just permanent limited from paypal before 1week for selling digital goods on eBay so good luck.

You know how you joined ages ago, did you forget your details and make a new account?

We have another user
https://www.aspkin.com/forums/members/psyd0x.html

Just wondering....

:dance:

rsot 11-16-2017 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrbitty (Post 884865)
Thanks for the replies, if my payments come from Sellfy / Fiverr, would paypal still create a fuss about the tracking number and all that?

PP knows about the Sellfy/Fiverr transfer phenomena so it can be rough. Could consider authorize.net or so for accepting pp payments

ebaystealth1974 11-16-2017 01:52 PM

If you people are going to ship out a disk(or whatever) with the codes on it, why not just ditch the whole digital aspect of it and ONLY SHIP the code to them via your preferred method?

I don't bother with that mess, so maybe I don't understand...