eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Odd buyer attempt at refund (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/112099-odd-buyer-attempt-refund.html)

admcgee 11-09-2017 04:40 PM

Odd buyer attempt at refund

I wanted to run this by you guys real quick to get your opinion:

I sold a monitor on eBay its a 144hz monitor but also has a 60hz variant. When using eBay quick list feature(I am sort of new to eBay) I accidentally had the description auto filled with the 60hz information in it. The listing title still said 144hz in it as that was the monitor I had and the monitor i sent.

So AFTER the buyer purchased it and I spent $50 on shipping the buyer then 1 day later starts a refund proccess, get this, BEFORE receiving the item! It was never delivered but they determined it wasn't 144hz like I had told them so they told UPS to return to sender, even though it isn't supposed to be delivered until tomorrow.

So i log in and see their messages so I immediately start explaining that the description was wrong but I did infact send them the 144hz monitor they expected and as described in my pictures and title. They didn't care they just wanted a refund, even though I surely could convince UPS to still deliver as it just arrived in the buyers town.

I called eBay after going back and forth with the buyer and the buyer being relentless saying its my fault that the description and title didn't match now I just have to eat the $50 shipping fee. eBay told me they can't step in for three days but I had the person take note that the item hadn't even been delivered and the rep said "oh wow I can't believe they did that" and stuff like that.

Does anyone have any experience in the field? I am prepared to give eBay everything that would prove its 144hz and the buyer jumped the gun. Am I out $50 or do i have a chance of winning with eBay? Thanks.

EDIT: Forgot to add I only have 10 recent positive feedback (no negatives) while the buyer has 50 if that matters at all.

JohnWall 11-09-2017 06:07 PM

Re: Odd buyer attempt at refund

The buyer actually did you a favor, if they accepted the delivery then requested the return you would be liable for the return shipping as the item was not as described.

You will have to take this on this chin and put it down to experience. Yes it's a kick in the balls but at the end of the day it was your fault by mistyping the description. The last thing you want is to kick up a fuss, fight a loosing battle and get yourself a negative feedback on a new account.

admcgee 11-09-2017 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnWall (Post 883350)
The buyer actually did you a favor, if they accepted the delivery then requested the return you would be liable for the return shipping as the item was not as described.

You will have to take this on this chin and put it down to experience. Yes it's a kick in the balls but at the end of the day it was your fault by mistyping the description. The last thing you want is to kick up a fuss, fight a loosing battle and get yourself a negative feedback on a new account.

Errr It's just such a stupid error. They could have had the monitor they wanted the whole time.

Also, I mean because they bought the item don't they agree to the terms of the listing. Just because I messed up one detail doesn't mean I didnt hold up with end of the bargain. It should have been the buyers responsibility to ask questions BEFORE buying not after i already sent the item, right?

toml3030 11-09-2017 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by admcgee (Post 883352)
Also, I mean because they bought the item don't they agree to the terms of the listing. Just because I messed up one detail doesn't mean I didnt hold up with end of the bargain.

According to eBay rules the sellers are 100% responsible for listing errors. As someone said above, chalk it up to experience and move on.

rsot 11-09-2017 07:23 PM

Quote:

Just because I messed up one detail doesn't mean I didnt hold up with end of the bargain.

Messing up one detail is all it takes to negate the bargain :( sadly

thespitefulchant 11-10-2017 05:15 AM

who the **** pays 50$ for shipping?

first mistake! LOL

put the shipping priority mail

make the weight 2 pounds

cost 7$

drop off at back of post office just as they are loading truck, SAVED 40$ go buy yourself a dinner.

oompaloompa 11-10-2017 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thespitefulchant (Post 883444)

first mistake! LOL

make the weight 2 pounds

cost 7$

drop off at back of post office just as they are loading truck, SAVED 40$ go buy yourself a dinner.

this might work but risky as it is not just the post office that notices over-heavy or underpaid parcels....the post depot can and stop it, delays, slaps the under-pay charge on buyer......

JohnWall 11-10-2017 07:15 AM

Quote:

Errr It's just such a stupid error. They could have had the monitor they wanted the whole time.

Also, I mean because they bought the item don't they agree to the terms of the listing. Just because I messed up one detail doesn't mean I didnt hold up with end of the bargain. It should have been the buyers responsibility to ask questions BEFORE buying not after i already sent the item, right?

Regardless of how small the error is, the item is not as described and they are well within their rights to to return it.

Any buyer can reject the delivery, have it returned to sender by the carrier and get a refund there isn't much you can do to stop it.

GreenBean 11-10-2017 07:44 AM

Quote:

Buyers are a law unto themselves.

Yet to meet buyers that read carefully. They see what they want to see.

:juggle:

ebaystealth1974 11-10-2017 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thespitefulchant (Post 883444)

first mistake! LOL

make the weight 2 pounds

cost 7$

Best way ever, to get negative feedback, is for the buyer to have to pay postage to receive their product lol :nono: