eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Ordering a new SIM card. Can I give my real details? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/112134-ordering-new-sim-card-can-i-give-my-real-details.html)

inneedofhelp 11-10-2017 11:38 PM

Ordering a new SIM card. Can I give my real details?

Hello guys,
I was in the middle of ordering a free new SIM card from a company website, and I was wondering if I had to provide new details even to do this. Or I can give them my real details and receive the SIM card at home?
I'm sure it should be fine, just trying to be extremely cautious.
cheers

MM78 11-10-2017 11:46 PM

Re: Ordering a new SIM card. Can I give my real details?

Ebay can't magically get the details you used to buy the Sim....they aren't that good.

just_smile 11-11-2017 04:20 AM

Is this a serious question?

Ordering a the sim to your address is fine.

SaiJin 11-11-2017 04:37 AM

There's nothing wrong with this question... to you it may seem comical, but to me he's being over cautious which is a damn good thing.

And I agree with both the above replies, they won't be able to grab your contact info from the sim, it'd be a breach of privacy

MxTx 11-11-2017 09:52 AM

So I have a question about SIM Cards and Cell phones. So I have not been able to use my cell with WiFi because the cell has the eBay app/PayPal app installed with my old banned info, so If I get a new sim card/same number/same phone and just factory reset it, can i connect my phone to wifi and not download the ebay/paypal app and I should be good? It's an iPhone 7 Plus btw if that matters at all?

MM78 11-11-2017 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MxTx (Post 883725)
So I have a question about SIM Cards and Cell phones. So I have not been able to use my cell with WiFi because the cell has the eBay app/PayPal app installed with my old banned info, so If I get a new sim card/same number/same phone and just factory reset it, can i connect my phone to wifi and not download the ebay/paypal app and I should be good? It's an iPhone 7 Plus btw if that matters at all?

Once you use a phone with the app, you can't use the app with a new account ever again, that being said.....You can use a browser with your phone.

MxTx 11-11-2017 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MM78 (Post 883735)
Once you use a phone with the app, you can't use the app with a new account ever again, that being said.....You can use a browser with your phone.

Okay, so I have a new Modem with router builtin so new IP as well. Can I use the same iPhone and SIM card on the WiFi that is connected to my stealth account? But just don't download the eBay or PayPal app and I should be fine? What about other apps like Aliexpress, ETSY etc (never been banned on those).

I just haven't been able to use my phone on WiFi and its draining my monthly data plan so I just need to know if I can connect to WiFi and if I can how can I.

Thank you for the help!:dance:

Play 11-11-2017 10:58 AM

If its a PAYG sim, just pop in to a local shop and buy it. No information divulged there.

Don't know about eBay, but there is a thing whereby PayPal can extract your registration information from O2 (not sure about other networks). But you'd need to give them permission - but the point is such a link does exist, apparent or not.

inneedofhelp 11-11-2017 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Play (Post 883742)
If its a PAYG sim, just pop in to a local shop and buy it. No information divulged there.

Don't know about eBay, but there is a thing whereby PayPal can extract your registration information from O2 (not sure about other networks). But you'd need to give them permission - but the point is such a link does exist, apparent or not.

I ordered from giffgaff (O2 network) but hopefully works differently from O2.

MxTx 11-12-2017 10:58 AM

Any answer to my post above?

Play 11-12-2017 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MxTx (Post 883741)
Okay, so I have a new Modem with router builtin so new IP as well. Can I use the same iPhone and SIM card on the WiFi that is connected to my stealth account? But just don't download the eBay or PayPal app and I should be fine? What about other apps like Aliexpress, ETSY etc (never been banned on those).

I just haven't been able to use my phone on WiFi and its draining my monthly data plan so I just need to know if I can connect to WiFi and if I can how can I.

Thank you for the help!:dance:

It would be a good idea to start your own thread, the question is complicated and requires a lot of elaboration. i.e. what is it your trying to do? is your IP static/dynamic etc.

Start a new topic, PM the thread, and I'll do my best to assist you.

inneedofhelp 11-12-2017 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Play (Post 883742)

Like I said, because I ordered from giffgaff, which uses O2 network, does it mean that it still is O2? Or giffgaff has total control and different rules?
cheers

Play 11-12-2017 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inneedofhelp (Post 883929)
Like I said, because I ordered from giffgaff, which uses O2 network, does it mean that it still is O2? Or giffgaff has total control and different rules?
cheers

They shouldn't be able to fetch that information without your consent - that's a data breach.

Can they though (with O2) - Yes, with your consent.

I however couldn't find anything in writing about this agreement between PayPal and O2, so I don't know if it's something they've stopped, etc.
I was just pointing out that it is possible.