eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   SIM Card/eBay App/Old Phone Question (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/112162-sim-card-ebay-app-old-phone-question.html)

MxTx 11-12-2017 02:23 PM

SIM Card/eBay App/Old Phone Question

Okay, so let me tell sum up the story. I was banned on eBay. So I got a 100% working stealth, New valid everything for the account. My banned account, my first and only ebay account ever, was linked to my iPhone 7 Plus through the eBay App. I got a new number/phone for my stealth purposes but that's not the question here. I haven't been able to connect my real cell phone to my WiFi because I'm scared it would be linked to the IP to my stealth account.

Sooo... My iPhone 7 Plus has the eBay & PayPal app right now. They are both logged into my banned eBay and the PayPal email to my eBay. I want to connect the phone to my new WiFi connection where my stealth account is on (new modem, new router, new ISP). My IP for my ISP is static and I can't seem to change it, it's Xfinity. I want to know if I factory reset my iPhone 7 Plus, don't download eBay or PayPal apps, if I can use my phone with my WiFi and not cause any troubles with my stealth account. It has the same sim card and phone number if that matters at all.

If I can't do that, if I purchase a new/used phone and new sim card, that would work then, correct?

JohnWall 11-12-2017 02:49 PM

Re: SIM Card/eBay App/Old Phone Question

No need to factory reset the phone buddy just uninstall the apps

Play 11-12-2017 03:29 PM

Ok - this question is now a lot more elaborated :thumb:

I would advise you do go ahead and factory reset, just to be super safe. Uninstalling the PayPal, eBay apps might suffice - but it's not worth the risk.

Then just make sure you don't ever use ebay/paypal on your phone, or download the apps.

Hope that clears it up for you ;)

Speeder33 11-13-2017 12:16 AM

If you're worried about it reset the phone and put your mind at ease

MxTx 11-13-2017 12:26 PM

So I do not have to change my phone number nor the sim card, just factory reset the phone and don't use ebay/paypal on the phone nor download those apps. Any other apps are fine, like email, etc

Play 11-13-2017 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MxTx (Post 884174)
So I do not have to change my phone number nor the sim card, just factory reset the phone and don't use ebay/paypal on the phone nor download those apps. Any other apps are fine, like email, etc

Email and other apps are fine. Although if you want to be extra cautious, avoid the gumtree app as they are owned by ebay.

You dont have to change your phone/sim. eBay can only pickup some information on the device that is being used to access it, since you won't be using your phone to access ebay - nothing to worry about.

MxTx 11-13-2017 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Play (Post 884191)
Email and other apps are fine. Although if you want to be extra cautious, avoid the gumtree app as they are owned by ebay.

You dont have to change your phone/sim. eBay can only pickup some information on the device that is being used to access it, since you won't be using your phone to access ebay - nothing to worry about.

Thank you very much! Appreciate everyone's input on this issue!

thespitefulchant 11-13-2017 04:01 PM

FULL RESET AND DELETE EVERYTHING! Thank Me Later!