What happend with Apple lawsuit? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 12-06-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 37%
Default What happend with Apple lawsuit?

Apple filed a lawsuit against Mobile Star LLC in 2016. What was the outcome of that lawsuit? There does not seem to be any info with this regard online!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-06-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%
Default Re: What happend with Apple lawsuit?

75 posts never a Thanks?

I found several references.

Google was my friend.

To put you out of OUR misery, it is possible no judgement has been handed down.

Also the purpose of the forum is to NOT enable the selling of foo-foos.

Last edited by GreenBean; 12-06-2017 at 08:06 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
walkingupwards (12-07-2017), WEI (12-07-2017)
Old 12-07-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
75 posts never a Thanks?

I found several references.

Google was my friend.

To put you out of OUR misery, it is possible no judgement has been handed down.

Also the purpose of the forum is to NOT enable the selling of foo-foos.

All what I found on Goolge is articles saying Apple filed a lawsuit against Mobile Star LLC and how much in damage they're seeking. No article is talking about the outcome of that lawsuit, would you please share the one you found?

I know the purpose of the forum is not to enable the sale of ⊗⊗⊗⊗ products and I don't think this thread has anything to do with enabling that!

P.S: I thanked your last post, hope it will give a boost to your ego
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to walkingupwards For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (12-07-2017), phaz0rz (12-07-2017)
Old 12-07-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

No verdict has been handed down yet.

That is the truth.

And I offer that to help you.

Have you read the claim?
Old 12-07-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

This is interesting as well:

@walkingupwards, go back to your old threads and thank all the people who commented and offered advice
Old 12-07-2017
Threadstarter  

Thanks guys for the input. I am not worried anymore about myself, got all that solved with Apple lawyer and it came to an end.

I was just curious about the outcome of this lawsuit between Apple and Mobile Star LLc.
Old 12-07-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 49%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Update: Litigation is ongoing and it doesn't appear the case has been settled yet. Here is the full case history:

https://www.courtlistener.com/docket...bile-star-llc/

Wow, there's actually been a ton of activity with this case. Apple filed an amended lawsuit in July 2017. The amended lawsuit includes several of Mobile Star's suppliers as defendants also. Apple is using documentation they got during discovery in an attempt to take out Mobile Star's entire supply chain.

Last edited by phaz0rz; 12-07-2017 at 10:55 AM.
Old 12-07-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
Update: Litigation is ongoing and it doesn't appear the case has been settled yet. Here is the full case history:

https://www.courtlistener.com/docket...bile-star-llc/

Wow, there's actually been a ton of activity with this case. Apple filed an amended lawsuit in July 2017. The amended lawsuit includes several of Mobile Star's suppliers as defendants also. Apple is using documentation they got during discovery in an attempt to take out Mobile Star's entire supply chain.

Seems like Apple just having a lot of cash and they just want to waste some of it chasing shadows. They could in theory take down Chinese factories, but only in their dreams. China and the factories their couldn't care less about Apple or its lawsuits. Even Alibaba marketplace is not taking down listings of major factories that manufacture these cables and accessories.

Even if they succeed and take down a supply chain, a new one will emerge the next day. This is an infinite circle and the only ones who are benefiting from all of this are the lawyers working for Apple.

People know exactly where to get authentic Apple products - that is from Apple's website. The reason people buy ⊗⊗⊗⊗ stuff is because it is better for them (moneywise). Apple could lower the astronomical prices of their accessories and then everyone would buy from them, but no Apple is so f greedy they wouldn't even consider such an idea.

The lightning cable costs Apple literally a few cents to make and they want to sell it for 25-35 dollars!!!!!!

I am personally very glad that China and its factories exist, let them beat thees f corporations up like never before.
Old 12-07-2017
Threadstarter  

I suppose the goal of this lawsuit was to send a message and not to make money, Apple is not after a couple millions from Mobile Star LLC. However the message they're/will send is the wrong kind of message. Once this lawsuit is over every small factory in China will come to the conclusion that they out to step up their operations and production will double.

I am really suspicious that the decisions to file these lawsuits are not being made directly from top people running Apple, rather by some people working there and who will benefit from going to courts over these trivial matters.

They can't sue Amazon, Ebay or Chinese factories so they go after a small time company hoping to send a message that everyone will interpret wrongly.

If I was to make any kind of decisions at Apple, I would order the placement of warning cards inside each iPhone/iPad/iPod box and make it clear through these that it is not wise to purchase a cable unless it's sold by Apple itself and ⊗⊗⊗⊗ cables could pose a serious harm, with some instructions on how to spot a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ and where not to shop. This way they could inform their customers very well and avoid the game of the cat-mouse they're playing now. Alongside I will order a 50% decrease in price on all accessories sold by Apple, this would make prices somehow reasonable.

If you type "iPhone cable" on Amazon.com you will get a anything near 170k listings!!! Amazon ain't check these listings one by one and ain't take out most of them and cut itself out of business.

Taking protecting measures and chasing any violators is good, but when you're a small-medium company. Not when you're the biggest company in the world. There are simply too many people/entities to pursue.
The Following User Says Thank You to walkingupwards For This Useful Post:
phaz0rz (12-07-2017)
Old 12-07-2017

Longevity: 73%

Seems like Apple just having a lot of cash and they just want to waste some of it chasing shadows.

Are any of us here surprised the phony iphone cord selling guy is upset Apple is pursuing malefactors vigorously?

I am personally very glad that China and its factories exist, let them beat thees f corporations up like never before.

Another unsurprising sentiment from the leech sucking blood out of the veins of unsuspecting buyers.

Of course, he not only wants to beat thees f corporations up he did exactly the same to his customers, who bought his product seeing "Apple" in the title and thought they were real.

It seems to him EVERYBODY is a sucker, just waiting to be bent over double at his mercy.
Old 12-07-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallis View Post
Seems like Apple just having a lot of cash and they just want to waste some of it chasing shadows.

Are any of us here surprised the phony iphone cord selling guy is upset Apple is pursuing malefactors vigorously?

Another unsurprising sentiment from the leech sucking blood out of the veins of unsuspecting buyers.

Of course, he not only wants to beat thees f corporations up he did exactly the same to his customers, who bought his product seeing "Apple" in the title and thought they were real.

It seems to him EVERYBODY is a sucker, just waiting to be bent over double at his mercy.

At least 99.8% of my customers left positive feedbacks and they were 100% satisfied with my after sale service (e.g: free replacement upon request, free reship, refunds...etc).

Do you know what's funny? The reviews Apple itself gets for the cable they sell on Apple.com. Take a look:

https://www.apple.com/shop/product/M...e-1-m?fnode=97

More than 95% of the customers left negative feedback and I believe they felt screwed up because of the price they paid for the exact same product I used to sell. I say exact because on contrary to what Apple wants you to believe, the technology behind the lightning cables is very stable and Chinese factories have perfected the art of making them. These are just cables for god sake, they're not a Mercedes Benz machine and thus could be made by anyone with the required skills.

I don't know why you get so pissed off whenever Apple is mentioned here. FYI Apple predates and steals ideas,patents from other companies and infringe on many people/entities rights all the time and they usually get away with it. I don't see you raged on because of that

You seem like someone who adores and loves the law, if you are so law oriented maybe you shouldn't be here in the first place. You know, dodging the law and going stealth is against the Ebay guidelines and might be immoral (according to your philosophies I suppose)
The Following User Says Thank You to walkingupwards For This Useful Post:
phaz0rz (12-07-2017)
Old 12-07-2017

Longevity: 73%

It isn't Apple I'm unhappy with.

I get unhappy when a liar and a thief brags about how he tricked a lot of people into thinking they were buying a branded product, then defends it saying he had great feedback, and complains about how much money the right's holder makes.
Old 12-08-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallis View Post
It isn't Apple I'm unhappy with.

I get unhappy when a liar and a thief brags about how he tricked a lot of people into thinking they were buying a branded product.

I have never ever bragged about that at all, why would I brag in the first place!!!! (It's just your idea man).

Anyway, take a chill pill and have a good day M.r Law lover
Old 12-08-2017

Longevity: 41%

If you try to list OEM chargers anywhere, you'll get a takedown notice and a chance to appeal if you have certification from the patent holder(Apple) to sell them. I don't know if Apple gives this to anyone, but I see a few sellers selling thousands, but the small guys get taken down after a few weeks. It doesn't matter if you're selling used chargers and cables either.
Old 12-08-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffrageous View Post
If you try to list OEM chargers anywhere, you'll get a takedown notice and a chance to appeal if you have certification from the patent holder(Apple) to sell them. I don't know if Apple gives this to anyone, but I see a few sellers selling thousands, but the small guys get taken down after a few weeks. It doesn't matter if you're selling used chargers and cables either.

How about listing without mentioning the world "Apple" in your listing at all and not listing as OEM?

This way I highly doubt you will get veroed. So far I have seen this method working like a charm for many sellers.

I think that the notion about big sellers having a special kind of treatment is wrong. Markmonitor will report a listing regardless of how big/small the seller is and Ebay will only comply and take down.
Old 12-08-2017
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

Its brand protection period. Doesn't matter how well someone feels they work or don't work, how happy customers are or not. Apple owns the Trademark and Copyright period.

Seems pretty simple to me.