AUCTIVA Charging / Here are some options! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 06-06-2009
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 90%
Default AUCTIVA Charging / Here are some options!

Here are my views on the options following the new pricing that will commence with Auctiva Starting 1st July. Please feel free to comment on any of the following with your own views or experiences. I have used all of these options and this is what I think about them.

Auctiva

Pricing: Was FREE now pricing plans from $9.95 for Basic services + 1% FVF.

Average seller can expect to pay Auctiva approx $50- $70 in fees per MONTH

Pros: Excellent and easy to use. Very intuitive. Templates not great but acceptable. FREE Sceduling.

Cons: While FREE none. Obviuosly the Cons are now the massive fees that will be implemented. I would have preferred a monthly flat fee of say $10.

Inkfrog

Pricing $9.95 per month.All inclusive.

Pros. Very intuitive and pleasant easy to use. Has some good features that Auctiva does not such as relisting options. Templates are ok. Very easy to set up and use. 14 day free trial.

Cons.

Obviously commiting to $9.95 per month. It will take a while to get used to paying for third party tools in addition to high ebay / Paypal fees.

Auction Splash

Pricing: FREE

Pros. Simple basic easy to use software. Totally Free

cons. Can be problematic to install. If using firefox you have to install an add on which many are not keen on.

Vendio

Pricing: Similar to Auctiva

pros. Feature rich

cons. Seems crowded and not that great to navigate. Not as intuitive as Auctiva or Inkfrog.

Listing Factory 2008

Pricing: $35 per year. (20% discount applies till December - so approx $29)

Pros: Great looking templates

Cons: not a lot else, the templates seem to be the winning feature

ebay Sell your item form

Pricing: FREE to list

Pros. Basic, easy to use and Free

BIG Cons. if using multiple ebay accounts, easier for ebay to link them. Also if you delete cookies you will have to keep verifying your phone number.

Auction Zealot

Pricing: FREE

Pros, Easy to use basic listing software.

Cons. Templates Bland. No good at present for UK users. If UK users upload listings they are all in USD

My personal opinion is that Inkfrog has nosed slightly into the lead. I am not happy to pay fees for third party software but I think due to the features I could live with it. Users still have until July 1st to make a decision. My rating for each based on my own experience is:

1) Inkfrog
2) Auctiva
3) Vendio
4) Auction Zealot (would be higher if compatible with UK users)
5) Listing Factory 2008
6) Auction Splash (installation problems)
7) Ebay SYI form

Please use this thread to add your own opinions or if any new options spring up please add them.

Thanks
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-06-2009
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Just to add that Auctiva and Inkfrog offer FREE scheduling. The others do not at present. I contacted All the others about this. I have had 1 reply from Listing Factory 2008 who tell me they intend to add free scheduling by the end of the year. But as it now stands if you schedule an item it will be uploaded to ebay to schedule at a fee of 0.06 or 0.09$

If you are looking to keep fees down these are important to consider as listing 100 items will set you back £6.00
Old 06-06-2009

Longevity: 86%
Default InkFrog

When useing this service would you use a new user account with each ebay account .Or just one Inkfrog for all your accounts ?
Old 06-06-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepinkx View Post
When useing this service would you use a new user account with each ebay account .Or just one Inkfrog for all your accounts ?
i don't think you need to use a new user account with each ebay account. your ip goes to that third party vendor not ebay
Old 06-06-2009

Longevity: 98%

You missed stuff.

Auctiva pro: Has authorize.net checkout integrated into eBay checkout wherein eBay can't see your authorize.net ID

Auctiva con: Bloated, high bandwidth, and slow. It also changes your (X)HTML and messes things up so you have to add lots of duplicate style tags everywhere to fix it.

Inkfrog con: No authorize.net checkout

Auction Splash con: No authorize.net checkout

Vendio pro: Has authorize.net checkout integrated into eBay checkout wherein eBay can't see your authorize.net ID

Listing Factory 2008 con: No authorize.net checkout

ebay Sell your item form con: No authorize.net checkout and will try to shove paypal down your throat. Also bloated, high bandwidth, and slow.

Auction Zealot: No authorize.net checkout

I haven't tried most of these sites so I don't know if they're bloated, high bandwidth, and slow like auctiva and eBay's forms. Or if they mess up your (X)HTML like auctiva.
Old 06-07-2009
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Great stuff, thanks Jonas.

the pinkx, as far as i know it you are ok to use 1 third party account to access ebay. They have not got as far as tracking you that way yet. (watch this space!)

The way to get tracked is to log into ebay account and then log out and log into another ebay account. If one gets suspended they get the lot.

One thing I have noticed about inkfrog is that you can access a lot of your ebay information removing the need to log into ebay as often therefore reducing risks of tracking.

Also their customer service is good. I have asked 3 basic questions so far and get a replay within 2 hours. auctiva are also as good at replying. However Auctiva keep support cases open until you close them. Inkfrog close the cases as soon as they reply.
The Following User Says Thank You to NZT For This Useful Post:
thepinkx (06-07-2009)
Old 02-27-2010

Longevity: 82%

Hey guys,
i am sort of new to these third party checkout thing....why do we use them?
is it necessary to use them on ebay? how does that help us as sellers? also does that help us eliminate paypal limitations, cos that what i read on a book? thank you
Old 02-27-2010
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Hey guys just to follow onto this. If you like you can use either inkfrog or auctiva for the free trial and then jump to the other one. So in effect you get 1 month free.

The other bonus is you get a nice new template to start with again. I dont know about you but when I use both inkfrog and auctiva to list they quickly get clogged up with lots of stuff and its easier in my opinion to start again with a nice new fresh template.

Usually I subscribe once signing up for the second time.

You can also use both and subscribe to both if desired. That way if you set up auto emails in both, buyers will then be emailed from inkfrog and auctiva.

Now with DSR's being a big issue now this will take care of the "communication" DSR, Double the emails, double the reassurance = happy buyers that leave 5 star feedback.
Old 02-27-2010

Longevity: 82%

If you list high volume as I do the fees are not an issue as I save more than the fees cost because I get free scheduling.