Multiple Listings of Same Item - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 12-10-2017
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 91%
Default Multiple Listings of Same Item

I don't have a very diverse portfolio per say of items. I'm wondering how safe it would be to have 3-4 listing variations of the same item. Different photos, different title and description.

Listing 1: item A, BIN, 3 day listing

Listing 2: item A, auction

Listing 3: item A, BIN, 7 day

Listing 4: item A, different color, BIN, good till cancelled

I'm thinking I can sell a few more items with different variations of the same item.

Old 12-10-2017

Longevity: 40%
Default Re: Multiple Listings of Same Item

i think this would be considered search manipulation by ebay. ive seen it happen im my category but usually those listing get caught after a few days. Why not just do it on seperate accounts with different $ amounts.
Old 12-10-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

You should be perfect. Tile is most important to be different but pictures and prices are a solid advantage.

It only matters for BIN. On auctions you can change the price by $0.01 and get full visibility.

The "search manipulation" mention above I have never heard of and do not believe is such a thing. It is simply the duplicate listing policy you need to worry about and you have that covered.

Last edited by yankee; 12-10-2017 at 11:44 PM.
Old 12-10-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by aking View Post
Different photos, different title and description.
This is key as yankee has indicated.
Old 12-11-2017

Activity: 3%
Longevity: 52%

Quote:
I don't have a very diverse portfolio per say of items. I'm wondering how safe it would be to have 3-4 listing variations of the same item. Different photos, different title and description.

Listing 1: item A, BIN, 3 day listing

Listing 2: item A, auction

Listing 3: item A, BIN, 7 day

Listing 4: item A, different color, BIN, good till cancelled

I'm thinking I can sell a few more items with different variations of the same item.
This may help... BIN you will be fine if it is the same item but different "model". Such as color, or sizing. The duration of the listing really means nothing. I dont even think they focus on that. As others have mentioned, TITLE, PHOTO are key. Dont skimp on the description either. Change that small detail even if you are copying the overall script.

As for your auctions, tread lightly from my experience. I believe there are more bots crawling this section than BIN. It may work for a while, but if you are a frequent flyer, then expect problems. I used to load the hell out of auctions in the earlier days, but it has become costly with infractions. From experience, I would not dual close items in BIN and auction. Chose one or the other for the safest experience.
Old 12-11-2017

Longevity: 73%

I do this, same item, different pictures, title, text in description, never had an issue. Over time, I've accumulated a couple dozen different photos and titles for the same item, all are run as different listings.

For whatever reason sometimes people like one picture more than another, or one title gets more hits than another.

Strangely, what I often think is the best photo ever is often the least sold,a nd the worst photos bring the most views. Go figure. There's no accounting for taste or EB's search engine.

Never been a problem.
The Following User Says Thank You to dallis For This Useful Post:
aking (12-12-2017)
Old 12-11-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 49%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

I've had listings removed before for violating "search and browse manipulation policy" and also the "duplicate listing" policy. This could be considered search manipulation and/or duplicate listing if you're caught but eBay doesn't seem to enforce these policies very strictly anymore. Here's the official guidelines:

Ebay links, obviously:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/...ipulation.html
http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/listing-multi.html

As long as you're using different photos/titles/descriptions I'd say there's less than a 1% chance of you running into any trouble.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
aking (12-11-2017), yankee (12-11-2017)
Old 12-11-2017
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 91%

Ive seen Chinese sellers have like 20 of the same listing before for items years ago. I'm definitely not talking that extensive, just like 3 of the same listing.

Call me crazy, but Ive done some studies and Ive noticed more sales on one of my items on the 7 day listing for some odd reason. You would think the 3 day would do better since its closer to the beginning of the search results and ending sooner, but 7 day duration would sell faster, I am not sure why.
Old 12-11-2017

Longevity: 37%

One seller on Ebay.de has 20+ listings for the same item. The titles differ a bit, but that's it.
Old 12-11-2017

Longevity: 73%

That's a pretty common technique and people seem to get away with it.

I like all my listings to be different in every substantial regard and I've never really had a problem with duplicates unless I inadvertently relist something twice, and even then I usually get away with it.
Old 12-13-2017

Activity: 3%
Longevity: 52%

Quote:
Ive seen Chinese sellers have like 20 of the same listing before for items years ago. I'm definitely not talking that extensive, just like 3 of the same listing.

Call me crazy, but Ive done some studies and Ive noticed more sales on one of my items on the 7 day listing for some odd reason. You would think the 3 day would do better since its closer to the beginning of the search results and ending sooner, but 7 day duration would sell faster, I am not sure why.
Willing to bet the 7 day duration has a correlation with making it a watched item. There is a demographic of buyers that still watch an item for a few day and 3 days probably isnt enough for their debate.