eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Paypal email verify id ssn dob address (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/113490-paypal-email-verify-id-ssn-dob-address.html)

NeverGiveUp1 12-19-2017 07:03 PM

Paypal email verify id ssn dob address

I bought a stealth account and have only sold about $780 so far and now I've received an email from paypal asking me to verify my identity with my legal name, date of birth, and social security #....any ideas as to what triggered them to ask?

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

BigCJ 12-19-2017 07:28 PM

Re: Paypal email verify id ssn dob address

Depends on what you're selling (High risk) and how old the account is.

dallis 12-19-2017 07:35 PM

Too many possibilities to say... doubtlessly something you either did or didn't do.

Can you provide these things to them?

NeverGiveUp1 12-19-2017 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dallis (Post 891146)
Too many possibilities to say... doubtlessly something you either did or didn't do.

Can you provide these things to them?

I stopped selling for a month because my computer was down. The account is 6 months old. No high value items sold that's what I find perplexing. No I won't be able to give paypal the info ssn, dob, etc it's a stealth account

dealagreeproceed 12-20-2017 03:38 PM

this is a new thing i believe that their doin... does it say you must submit by 3/18/18?

NeverGiveUp1 12-20-2017 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dealagreeproceed (Post 891338)
this is a new thing i believe that their doin... does it say you must submit by 3/18/18?

Yes thats the date they gave me. So is this the end of stealth paypal? Any options to salvage this account?

dallis 12-20-2017 10:17 PM

Do you have any serious money in the account? If not leave it and move on to stealth.

rsot 12-20-2017 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dallis (Post 891370)
Do you have any serious money in the account? If not leave it and move on to stealth.

Think OP mentioned $780?

dealagreeproceed 12-21-2017 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeverGiveUp1 (Post 891360)
Yes thats the date they gave me. So is this the end of stealth paypal? Any options to salvage this account?

to my knowledge this is the 1st yr this type of message has been sent out... im not sure if its different from the other t*x 200/20'000 message PP usually sends out or not..... time will tell....

ChronosTrigger 12-23-2017 01:57 AM

Any Updates on this OP? Did you find a solution?

(I'm Surprised they just e-mail you and ask you to provide your legal name, DOB & SS#, Without giving you ANY reason whatsoever....PP just does what they want to do :pout:)

P.S.
Quote:

Originally Posted by dealagreeproceed (Post 891388)
to my knowledge this is the 1st yr this type of message has been sent out... im not sure if its different from the other t*x 200/20'000 message PP usually sends out or not..... time will tell....

I thought the same thing when i read the OP too. Figured it was a tax limitation, but then again, wouldn't they just ask you for a tax ID, than asking you for your legal name, DOB & SS#? :noidea:

NeverGiveUp1 12-23-2017 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChronosTrigger (Post 891770)
Any Updates on this OP? Did you find a solution?

(I'm Surprised they just e-mail you and ask you to provide your legal name, DOB & SS#, Without giving you ANY reason whatsoever....PP just does what they want to do :pout:)

P.S.

I thought the same thing when i read the OP too. Figured it was a tax limitation, but then again, wouldn't they just ask you for a tax ID, than asking you for your legal name, DOB & SS#? :noidea:

Here's the email I received:

Help prevent fraud by confirming your identity

Government regulations require companies like PayPal to confirm customer identities. These regulations help prevent fraud and money laundering.

This will just take a few minutes. Rest assured, we'll protect your sensitive information.

Here's what we need:
Your legal name•
Your date of birth•
The last 4 digits of your Social Security number•
Your current street address (no P.O. boxes please)

Be sure to take action by March 15, 2018. To add your information, log in to your account and check your notifications for a link. Please don't email your information to us.Thanks for being a valued member of the PayPal community

ChronosTrigger 12-24-2017 04:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeverGiveUp1 (Post 891802)
Here's the email I received:

Help prevent fraud by confirming your identity

Government regulations require companies like PayPal to confirm customer identities. These regulations help prevent fraud and money laundering.

This will just take a few minutes. Rest assured, we'll protect your sensitive information.

Here's what we need:
Your legal name•
Your date of birth•
The last 4 digits of your Social Security number•
Your current street address (no P.O. boxes please)

Be sure to take action by March 15, 2018. To add your information, log in to your account and check your notifications for a link. Please don't email your information to us.Thanks for being a valued member of the PayPal community

Oh dam. That really sucks. It sounds like you might of messed up somewhere on your side, maybe your IP addresses got crossed up somewhere so that signaled a red flag?

Or maybe you logged in to your account elsewhere? Idk. :noidea:

GreenBean 12-24-2017 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeverGiveUp1 (Post 891182)
I stopped selling for a month because my computer was down. The account is 6 months old. No high value items sold that's what I find perplexing. No I won't be able to give paypal the info ssn, dob, etc it's a stealth account

Are you saying using a new computer tripped this message?

:juggle:

NeverGiveUp1 12-24-2017 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean (Post 891901)
Are you saying using a new computer tripped this message?

:juggle:

No I wound up getting a new battery and power cord but same computer. I've seen several other people saying they've received this message too for no reason

HelpNeeded 12-24-2017 10:55 AM

So if you do receive this email from Paypal and it is a stealth Paypal account their is not a way to provide this information for your "stealth created identity" correct?

When they send you this, is a hold placed on your funds in the account? Will it be released at a later date?

Lastly, if I have no way of verifying this stealth Paypal can a different Paypal be linked to the ebay account that this previous Paypal was connected with without issue?

NeverGiveUp1 12-24-2017 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HelpNeeded (Post 891910)
So if you do receive this email from Paypal and it is a stealth Paypal account their is not a way to provide this information for your "stealth created identity" correct?

When they send you this, is a hold placed on your funds in the account? Will it be released at a later date?

Lastly, if I have no way of verifying this stealth Paypal can a different Paypal be linked to the ebay account that this previous Paypal was connected with without issue?

The stealth stuff doesn't come with date of birth and social security numbers...at least not the ones I've bought. I can create a new one under my name and try to link it to the stealth ebay but Im concerned ebay will catch on...since my old ebay got messed up because I couldn't get stuff mailed on time due to an illness.