eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Gmail Account suspended for no reason??? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/114001-gmail-account-suspended-no-reason.html)

Chris18181 01-15-2018 10:52 AM

Gmail Account suspended for no reason???

Hi Everyone,

I have a gmail account that is linked to my ebay & PayPal account, I noticed i couldn't log into my account this morning and when i tried to do so gmail said my account was disabled.

i tried to recover it but got this email "Your request has been reviewed, but unfortunately your account can't be restored because it was found to have been used in a way that violated Google's policies."

this is the 2nd time this has happened to me, suspended for no reason at all, what should i do at this point?

I need my gmail account to check for new orders and notifications from PayPal

SaiJin 01-15-2018 11:46 AM

Re: Gmail Account suspended for no reason???

What have you been doing with your Gmail account in ever day to day activity?

Chris18181 01-15-2018 12:00 PM

what i always do, I just see if i have any orders from ebay coming in, I never sent any emails on this gmail account.

Play 01-15-2018 12:34 PM

It's potentially been linked to one of your other gmail accounts. This can happen if you have a tonne of gmail accounts.

You can either move over to Yahoo mail, or treat gmail as stealth and keep them isolated.

Note - there may be more to it, but i've found treating each account as you would with stealth accounts resolves the issue.

aspkin 01-15-2018 12:37 PM

Wow... this could be a good case for Yahoo mail..

SaiJin 01-15-2018 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Play (Post 895425)
It's potentially been linked to one of your other gmail accounts. This can happen if you have a tonne of gmail accounts.

You can either move over to Yahoo mail, or treat gmail as stealth and keep them isolated.

Note - there may be more to it, but i've found treating each account as you would with stealth accounts resolves the issue.

What number is a Ton in your opinion? 10 ? 10+ ?

I have used Yahoo in the past and they weren't as reliable as Gmail, but that could have changed nowadays.

Play 01-15-2018 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaiJin (Post 895433)
What number is a Ton in your opinion? 10 ? 10+ ?

I have used Yahoo in the past and they weren't as reliable as Gmail, but that could have changed nowadays.

Since i'm an account seller, i'd have more than the usual amount of GMAIL accounts, so I cannot really specify. I would say 5 gmail accounts might be acceptable. Any more can be deemed as abuse of their service potentially.

Yahoo has always been great to be honest. They come with images disable from the get go, and any email that goes through them (be it online or through a mail client) has it's IP masked. The same cannot be said for GMAIL which doesn't mask IPs sent through email clients, has to be the GMAIL phone app, or online site.

bjammin 01-15-2018 02:28 PM

I have never had this issue with gmail myself

just_smile 01-15-2018 02:34 PM

Do you use canvas defender or something similar?

Ebayorbust 01-15-2018 02:54 PM

Aye, using certain addons like Canvas Defender with Chrome will result in a gmail suspension.

ernest2449 01-15-2018 04:26 PM

@Play are you sure and is it really true that using an email client (for example my iPhone's "mail" app) will not result in masking my true IP?

rsot 01-15-2018 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Play (Post 895437)
Yahoo has always been great to be honest. They come with images disable from the get go, and any email that goes through them (be it online or through a mail client) has it's IP masked. The same cannot be said for GMAIL which doesn't mask IPs sent through email clients, has to be the GMAIL phone app, or online site.

And one of the preferred e-mails of the scammers though - yahoo

Play 01-15-2018 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ernest2449 (Post 895464)
@Play are you sure and is it really true that using an email client (for example my iPhone's "mail" app) will not result in masking my true IP?

Correct. That was the last time I tested it (about a year ago), and the last time I read Google's policy pertaining to this matter.

I would presume it's still the case.

P.S. Not a cause for concern, but better to be safe than sorry.

ernest2449 01-15-2018 04:53 PM

Oh wow! Yes installing Gmail app as we speak. Thanks for that!

ernest2449 01-15-2018 05:04 PM

@Play I would think me using the mail client on my phone actually would be a cause for concern, no? Or maybe not because IP is always changing on phone? What would or wouldn't be the reasons to be concerned? Thanks in advance!

SaiJin 01-15-2018 05:15 PM

Interesting, I have always steered away from yahoo USA myself.

I'll keep this in mind in the future if I wanna give it a try or so.

Play 01-15-2018 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ernest2449 (Post 895476)
@Play I would think me using the mail client on my phone actually would be a cause for concern, no? Or maybe not because IP is always changing on phone? What would or wouldn't be the reasons to be concerned? Thanks in advance!

Not a cause for concern now. As I said, better safe than sorry. Gmail app however would resolve your issue.

@SaiJin - the two email providers are not much different, most people are usually just using their email to see all the paypal payments that are coming in :ranger: :pop2:

ernest2449 01-15-2018 05:36 PM

@Play useful info that I don't think many of us were aware of, thank you!

kirkland 01-16-2018 04:31 AM

Wow, I must have made 100 gmails over the course of my life using the same IP address. Am I just lucky?

dallis 01-17-2018 08:33 AM

Roughly speaking, I also have over 100 gmails....

I try to not think about the problem it would cause if they ever go down...

Kajunrook 01-18-2018 07:43 PM

That happened to me and I went on ebay and changed email address to a different one. I think mine was suspended because I offered an item for sale on Craigslist and someone probably was pissed and raised hell. So that was 2 years ago and no issues, it was also an Gmail that I got from a seller on here so maybe he had a lot and that is why they suspended me. Who knows.

SaiJin 01-19-2018 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kirkland (Post 895554)
Wow, I must have made 100 gmails over the course of my life using the same IP address. Am I just lucky?

I think he's just the unlucky one, this is the rare occasion I heard of this and I'm like you... I have multiple accounts.