eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Buyer return to my name with stealth address, the person sign it with random name (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/116384-buyer-return-my-name-stealth-address-person-sign-random-name.html)

wendychen2000us 03-31-2018 07:33 PM

Buyer return to my name with stealth address, the person sign it with random name

My old post has typo and misleading. So I opened a new one.

Long story short, the eBay approved buyer's return case with all the strong evidence it should not be approved. Buyer returned to the Stealth address from about 4-5 years ago. Usually eBay will show return address when buyer opens the case, but for my case, it did not. Ebay probably send buyer a return label with my name but wrong address on it. Person live at that address signed the package with a random name (not my name, not his real name). I have called their apartment management building and there is no such person live there as he told USPS.

I wonder:
1. If the USPS can help retrieve the package? Since mailman did not check his ID when he sign the package.
2. Is there any service can find people's name by using their address, so we can file police report?
3. Any collection service company can go to his place to retrieve the item?

Any suggestion would be appreciated. Thank you.

GreenBean 03-31-2018 07:37 PM

Re: Buyer return to my name with stealth address, the person sign it with random name

Waste though. Posters have already replied.

:comp5:

wendychen2000us 03-31-2018 08:01 PM

Re: Buyer return to my name with stealth address, the person sign it with random name

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean (Post 911139)
Waste though. Posters have already replied.

:comp5:

Do you mean post office won't be able to retrieve the package?

Do you know any service can do this?

This is a valuable item. Probably I should fly there to get it :laugh:

ebaystealth1974 03-31-2018 08:38 PM

If you're willing to purchase a plane ticket and then confront these people, that sounds like a VERY expensive item! haha

Yasav 03-31-2018 08:51 PM

Funny how today I was in the front office of my own apartments and there's a guy who showed up complaining about receiving envelopes in other people's names lol

Regardless, here's what I'm thinking:

1) The person who signed for it was most likely the lady at the front office, like it happens in most apartment complexes.

2) If it's a very expensive item and you really need it back, you can call the main office and have them return the item back once the currier stops by next time.

3) Then contact the buyer and ask him to re-ship to the correct address.

Other than that, I can't think of anything else.

wendychen2000us 03-31-2018 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebaystealth1974 (Post 911145)
If you're willing to purchase a plane ticket and then confront these people, that sounds like a VERY expensive item! haha

More expensive than a airline ticket :) Otherwise, I probably just absorb the cost. This one is too pricey to just let it go.

wendychen2000us 03-31-2018 08:53 PM

Thanks a lot. I have call the property management and the lady said the name he signed for is not the person live in that unit. She also said there is no person with that name works for the office. :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yasav (Post 911147)
Funny how today I was in the front office of my own apartments and there's a guy who showed up complaining about receiving envelopes in other people's names lol

Regardless, here's what I'm thinking:

1) The person who signed for it was most likely the lady at the front office, like it happens in most apartment complexes.

2) If it's a very expensive item and you really need it back, you can call the main office and have them return the item back once the currier stops by next time.

3) Then contact the buyer and ask him to re-ship to the correct address.

Other than that, I can't think of anything else.

Yasav 03-31-2018 08:57 PM

^
Call them back. I deal with front offices all the time, some of them are plain rude and/or lazy and just want to get off the phone. Just call back and try to speak with a manager or someone else, and explain them everything again.

wendychen2000us 03-31-2018 09:55 PM

Thank you. I will try again. The lady was pretty nice though. I don't know in which situation they will release tenant name, so at least I can file police report.

I really appreciate your help.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yasav (Post 911150)
^
Call them back. I deal with front offices all the time, some of them are plain rude and/or lazy and just want to get off the phone. Just call back and try to speak with a manager or someone else, and explain them everything again.

GreenBean 04-01-2018 01:36 AM

Have you made contact with the buyer?

In these situations, I get all the contact info I can from ebay.

I certainly try to get a phone numbef and speak to the buyer personally.

I have a cerain amount where I might allow a write off for a lost parcel.

If you are not successful with making contact, then you might file a police report.

I think, however, if the amount is really high, you should consider filing with The United States Postal Inspection Service.

:peace:

wendychen2000us 04-02-2018 01:51 AM

Thank you for suggestion. I will file related report.

I don't quite get why I need to contact buyer. Do you think he can help in this situation?

It is more likely related to the person who signed for the package with ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name.

Thank you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean (Post 911180)
Have you made contact with the buyer?

In these situations, I get all the contact info I can from ebay.

I certainly try to get a phone numbef and speak to the buyer personally.

I have a cerain amount where I might allow a write off for a lost parcel.

If you are not successful with making contact, then you might file a police report.

I think, however, if the amount is really high, you should consider filing with The United States Postal Inspection Service.

:peace: