Just another Johnson and Pham thread - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 11-08-2018
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 43%
Default Re: Just another Johnson and Pham thread

Johnson & Pham is a well known. The e-mail you received is likely real. These are one of the bottom feeding "troll" law firms that does nothing but look through ebay and other locations trying to find people to sue. They use scare tactics to get you to "settle" and are pretty good at it.

This forum doesn't give legal advise. You are best advised to seek a professional consultation with a lawyer. Most good attorneys will give you a free consultation to discuss the merits of your case. The law is too complicated to take it on your own, especially as it pertains to YOUR situation. Take it seriously. If they really want to find you, that can.
The Following User Says Thank You to nickopedia For This Useful Post:
rsot (11-08-2018)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-08-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Johnson and Pham have pulled a decent amount of money from scared ignorant people.

Legal and financial advice are beyond the scope of this forum
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
lastmandown (04-04-2020), nickopedia (11-08-2018), walkingupwards (11-08-2018)
Old 11-08-2018
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack_williams View Post
Hi, so did anything afterwards? Would be really helpful since im in a similar situation. What is the best option?
Welcome to the forum - all the best as you master stealth
Old 11-08-2018

Longevity: 37%

When you give a lawyer a visit, they will use the same scare tactics to get you to hire them.

That happend with me before, but luckily the lawyer I contacted was a decent human being and told me to ignore that case... I did and it just died.

P.S: They won't go after finding someone unless the amount is really big. If it's about a couple thousands they won't do **** if the person doesn't respond to their mails.
The Following User Says Thank You to walkingupwards For This Useful Post:
nickopedia (11-08-2018)
Old 11-08-2018

Longevity: 35%

Thank you ALL! I'll go to lawyer
Old 11-08-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

I once got an actual letter from them, I told them to shove it up their @ss. They tried to scare me...didn't work.
The Following User Says Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
jimmy121 (11-10-2018)
Old 11-08-2018
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
I once got an actual letter from them, I told them to shove it up their @ss. They tried to scare me...didn't work.
Back in the day I used to be a co-owner of an ISP (web host) and used to get legal threats all the time for customers we used to host. Back then I was a little more cocky and used to get my kicks sometimes telling a lawyer to go stick it where the sun don't shine. Most of the time it worked, until once it didn't.

Any legal threat should be taken seriously. It's best to keep a cool head as much as you would like to do something else.
Old 11-09-2018
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starshoi View Post
Thank you ALL! I'll go to lawyer
Just be wise with what he/she says...
Old 11-09-2018

Longevity: 31%

yikes! These Johnson and Pham folks look like psychopaths!
Old 11-10-2018

Longevity: 48%

They emailed me on a stealth account once about some BMW emblems I dropshipped from Amazon. I ignored the first email but they were persistent. Can't remember the attorney from Johnson and Pham's name right now but it was a woman. Wrote her back and asked for nudes and she never wrote me again! No clue if they ever sent a physical letter since the account address goes nowhere. But it's been probably two years and the account is still going.
Old 11-10-2018
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 63%

The correct answer is to get legal advice.

However, I would not respond to the email, and I would not sign for any letters that come in the mail. Was you selling enough for them to actually try to come after you?
The Following User Says Thank You to bjammin For This Useful Post:
nickopedia (11-10-2018)
Old 11-10-2018
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by XTC4ME View Post
They emailed me on a stealth account once about some BMW emblems I dropshipped from Amazon. I ignored the first email but they were persistent. Can't remember the attorney from Johnson and Pham's name right now but it was a woman. Wrote her back and asked for nudes and she never wrote me again! No clue if they ever sent a physical letter since the account address goes nowhere. But it's been probably two years and the account is still going.
And you think this will prevent them from coming after, or finding you?

If I were the lawyer, I'd probably start off with filing a "john doe" action, followed by a round of discovery (subpoena) on eBay and PayPal. They will gladly turn over the account(s) you are using where your money is going. Next, your bank account records will be subpoenaed, thus your true identity will be uncovered.

Don't think if they can't find you they can't serve you. In most states, substituted service of summons is a viable option.

A) Admit nothing- don't talk to them, don't play games.
B) Consult with an attorney, preferably one who handles Trademark & Copyright issues, or Brand Enforcement.
Old 11-10-2018

Longevity: 37%

Subpoena eBay and Paypal?!! I think they will go this far only if the case is involving thousands of $ in damages.

Here in Germany, there is a business called "Cease-and-desist business". Legal firms send thousands of such letters ... they are literally fishing in that case.

I don't know if Johnson & Pham uses the same tactic, but a part of me is telling that they do.

I would love to see all devices of such firms hijacked by a ransomware and upon paying, all files shall go shredded... irreversible damage is what I want done to law firms like that.
Old 11-10-2018
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkingupwards View Post
Subpoena eBay and Paypal?!! I think they will go this far only if the case is involving thousands of $ in damages.

Here in Germany, there is a business called "Cease-and-desist business". Legal firms send thousands of such letters ... they are literally fishing in that case.

I don't know if Johnson & Pham uses the same tactic, but a part of me is telling that they do.

I would love to see all devices of such firms hijacked by a ransomware and upon paying, all files shall go shredded... irreversible damage is what I want done to law firms like that.
No question that J&P is fishing. Just doing a search for that law firm brings up thousands of threads. Rights Owners hire them to intimidate & scare people, for sure. Even so, you might get "lucky" and they might go further, especially if the $ amounts involved were high enough.

Telling them to screw off isn't such a good tactic, nor is sending the lady lawyer naked pictures. That can open a whole other can of worms. Do a search and you will see there were actually people who received summons or written notice.

Why take a chance? I'm just saying sometimes it's better to just stay quiet and get some real facts first.
Old 11-10-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickopedia View Post
Back in the day I used to be a co-owner of an ISP (web host) and used to get legal threats all the time for customers we used to host. Back then I was a little more cocky and used to get my kicks sometimes telling a lawyer to go stick it where the sun don't shine. Most of the time it worked, until once it didn't.

Any legal threat should be taken seriously. It's best to keep a cool head as much as you would like to do something else.
You mean you had your own website, and they were sending you legal threats? If it was your own website, how did they know it was you? Did you register the domains in your real name?
Old 11-10-2018
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy121 View Post
You mean you had your own website, and they were sending you legal threats? If it was your own website, how did they know it was you? Did you register the domains in your real name?
I actually ran an Internet Service Provider within a Datacenter. Our company leased rack space and had our own assiged network which we would Colocate. My job was deploy and manage both the network and the servers. At our peak there were other 400 servers hosting several thousands domains (sites).

It's inevitable you're doing to get complaints via @abuse or @postmaster about customer activites on our network. The vast were malware/spam cases, a few DMCA takedown reuests, and others from law firms that would try and scare us into turning off a client of our simply because they didn't like their websites content. As an ISP, we has a duty to enforce our ToS, but sometimes the customer wasn't doing anything wrong- just some idiot lawyer tries to tell you otherwise.

This is why it's important to get proper legal advise when it comes to Trademark & Copyright or IP infringment matters. Things arn't always that cut & dry.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nickopedia For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (11-29-2018), walkingupwards (11-10-2018)
Old 11-10-2018

Longevity: 35%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjammin View Post
The correct answer is to get legal advice.

However, I would not respond to the email, and I would not sign for any letters that come in the mail. Was you selling enough for them to actually try to come after you?
Up to 100pcs
Old 11-10-2018
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 61%

@nickopedia, so what's a good web host server that just don't give a f***?
Old 11-11-2018
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by glacier922 View Post
@nickopedia, so what's a good web host server that just don't give a f***?
It's all about jurisdiction.

Bulletproof Hosting? Try the obvious havens such as Russia, Eastern Europe, as well as I few in Asia. I'm not going to be much more specific than that.

As much as I am a fan of screwing over firms like Johnson & Pham, remember they were hired by someone for a purpose. A lawyers time is surprisingly cheap compared to what the potential consequences could be if you decided to take another route.
Old 11-11-2018

Longevity: 48%

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickopedia View Post
And you think this will prevent them from coming after, or finding you?

If I were the lawyer, I'd probably start off with filing a "john doe" action, followed by a round of discovery (subpoena) on eBay and PayPal. They will gladly turn over the account(s) you are using where your money is going. Next, your bank account records will be subpoenaed, thus your true identity will be uncovered.

Don't think if they can't find you they can't serve you. In most states, substituted service of summons is a viable option.

A) Admit nothing- don't talk to them, don't play games.
B) Consult with an attorney, preferably one who handles Trademark & Copyright issues, or Brand Enforcement.
I've been through lawsuits before and am aware of the actions they can take. In this case it would be impossible to trace to me, the bank linked is in a country that is not known to be cooperative with subpoenas or any other legal request. And even then, the bank account is in some peasant's name not mine.
Old 11-11-2018

Well, good for you, I think I'm just going to play it safe.
The Following User Says Thank You to jimmy121 For This Useful Post:
nickopedia (11-11-2018)
Old 11-29-2018

Longevity: 54%

They actually do sue so be careful.