eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Just another Johnson and Pham thread (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/117976-just-another-johnson-pham-thread.html)

pastrami_on_rye 09-17-2019 11:05 AM

Re: Just another Johnson and Pham thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rocky264 (Post 1034465)
I have first hand experience with these *******ss. Whoever says "ignore them" doesn't have a single clue. Nearly 4 years ago I was selling trademark products on EB and got a cease and decease email from them. I didn't respond, thinking it would go away and boy was I wrong.

Several weeks later they shut down my EB and PP accounts and all my information were sent to the J&P firm. They kept calling me on the phone so I decided to man up and have a conversation with them. I told them I will not be able to pay them a dime. A month later they sent me a certified mail, and shortly after I was served with a lawsuit.

The case went into "default" since I never showed up to court and the lawsuit increased to $125,000.00. I walked away from it all without paying them a penny by filing a chapter 7.

My first advice is that selling counterfeit/unauthorized products will eventually have consequences. All it takes is for them to purchase the suspected product from you via their undercover buyers and get your item into their hands.

My second advice is, if you fall into their trap, the best resolution is to get your attorney involved, though it may end up costing you a lot of money and a long time going back and forth. If you cannot afford an attorney, then choose the "settlement" option but negotiate with them for as long as you can to reduce the settlement fee.

If none of the above options work out for you, then file for a Chapter 7 bankruptcy to protect you from these leeches. Granted your credit score will suffer for a few years but you'll get to keep what you have.

Just curious, were you using stealth info?

muzzie 09-17-2019 11:33 AM

Basically if the account uses stealth infos, it is not just sending a letter to a real person with threats about lawsuit. It get much more harder - they need to run a big investigation to find out who is the real beneficiary, and this involves police, international requests, bla bla... usually they are too lazy for that. But if they can write one letter and accuse you of stealing 100k from them - why not.

Here We Go Again 09-17-2019 03:33 PM

These guys J&P are still going at it???

ALL my ebay accounts are stealth.
I have gotten 4-5 of their letters over the years.
Since none of my accounts had real personal information connected to the accounts the J&P guys were chasing ghosts.
I have never replied to any of their letters.
I never will.

And nothing has ever happened.
I have been selling on ebay for over 10 years as my only income.

jacksikma 04-05-2020 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pastrami_on_rye (Post 1034483)
Just curious, were you using stealth info?

The top post is most likely written by Johnson & Pham themselves to make you believe they are for real. Just ignore them. They can't squeeze blood out of a turnip. Also, they can't have your ebay and paypal accounts shut down. They have no authority to do that. You won't have to file a chapter 7.

jacksikma 04-05-2020 05:15 PM

This guy likely works for J&P. Don't believe his post.

riodom87 03-11-2022 04:31 PM

Did you ever solve the issue with them about the BMW complaint they had? Did they sue or you settled before, or you didn't contact them back at all?

Would appreciate a response to update the thread.

Thank you

Roy3805 03-11-2022 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by riodom87 (Post 1186969)
Did you ever solve the issue with them about the BMW complaint they had? Did they sue or you settled before, or you didn't contact them back at all?

Would appreciate a response to update the thread.

Thank you

The OP hasn’t been active since 2018. You would have better luck sending him a PM. Hopefully he see the email notification