Would this work? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 06-24-2018

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 69%
Default Would this work?

Hi everyone

First post here for a long time as not been on eBay for a while but looking to get back on and hoping for a bit of advice

I know people say don’t use the eBay app on phone as I’m assuming logging in an out and into different accounts is a big risk but my question is as follows

Let’s say I want 4 eBay accounts and I buy 4 phones and each phone has a different new sim that gives unlimited 4g data and is never connected to my home WiFi as I’ll turn the wireless off on each phone

Can each of them phones be used specifically to one eBay account and pictures for that account be taken on that phone without any problems?

I’m trying to think of any problems that I would run into but unless I’m wrong I don’t see it as being any different to using a laptop with a dongle or a dedicated VPN as that’s using the same laptop but with a different user account and IP address for each account which is the same as what I’m thinking with the phones unless I’m wrong

Thanks in advance for any replies and help
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-24-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,108 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%
Default Re: Would this work?

how are you going to print shipping labels?

Do you really plan on making incredibly crappy listings by using the app only?
Old 06-24-2018

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Longevity: 67%

What you're saying is possible.

But what is your reasoning behind doing this? It seems like a costly setup for no good reason, given there are so many alternative ways to improve the efficiency of using multiple accounts.
Old 06-24-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
how are you going to print shipping labels?

Do you really plan on making incredibly crappy listings by using the app only?
No I’d make my listings on my laptop initially but then use the phones to relist, answer emails etc as I’m out a lot of the day so using a laptop all the time isn’t really viable for me
Old 06-24-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play View Post
What you're saying is possible.

But what is your reasoning behind doing this? It seems like a costly setup for no good reason, given there are so many alternative ways to improve the efficiency of using multiple accounts.
I’m out a lot of the day so using my laptop all the time isn’t possible for me so using this method is easier for me as long as it wouldn’t cause any problems to my accounts
Old 06-24-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keithlan1978 View Post
I’m out a lot of the day so using my laptop all the time isn’t possible for me so using this method is easier for me as long as it wouldn’t cause any problems to my accounts
Honestly - carrying a very small laptop in a side bag will probably be a lot easier than carrying 4 phones (if not more when you begin to expand).
The Following User Says Thank You to Play For This Useful Post:
dealagreeproceed (06-24-2018)
Old 06-24-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Honestly - carrying a very small laptop in a side bag will probably be a lot easier than carrying 4 phones (if not more when you begin to expand).
I probably will a bit further down the line mate just wanted to know if this would work for now if I needed it to
Old 06-24-2018

For the sake of answering your question, here it goes...

Quote:
I know people say don’t use the eBay app on phone as I’m assuming logging in an out and into different accounts is a big risk but my question is as follows
Once you login on one phone, apps extract a lot of data on the phone, to the degree that logging into the app with another ebay account will most certainly link the two.

Quote:
Let’s say I want 4 eBay accounts and I buy 4 phones and each phone has a different new sim that gives unlimited 4g data and is never connected to my home WiFi as I’ll turn the wireless off on each phone
It can work. Just try to ensure phone is new, never used before. Also where possible, try to use a different network sim. i.e. O2 on one, EE on another, 3 on another, and Vodafone on the last one. Of course depending on your location, you need to ensure you have coverage with these networks. This will ensure no IPs ever overlap. Not 100% crucial, but definitely a safer approach.

Quote:
Can each of them phones be used specifically to one eBay account and pictures for that account be taken on that phone without any problems?
Yes. Just dont interchange pictures, i.e. take pictures on Phone A, and upload to the account on Phone B.
Keithlan1978 (06-24-2018)
Old 06-24-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
For the sake of answering your question, here it goes...

Once you login on one phone, apps extract a lot of data on the phone, to the degree that logging into the app with another ebay account will most certainly link the two.

It can work. Just try to ensure phone is new, never used before. Also where possible, try to use a different network sim. i.e. O2 on one, EE on another, 3 on another, and Vodafone on the last one. Of course depending on your location, you need to ensure you have coverage with these networks. This will ensure no IPs ever overlap. Not 100% crucial, but definitely a safer approach.

Yes. Just dont interchange pictures, i.e. take pictures on Phone A, and upload to the account on Phone B.
Thanks mate I really appreciate that
Old 06-24-2018

Longevity: 35%

I have 3 stealth and I use 3 different phones and use the data. I'm out alot so needed to be mobile. Yep listings can look a little crappy . But still sell. Don't use app just open eBay in browser. It's a bit fu ked up but works. Listings can take longer. But if you sell similar items spend time making a template. Also turn off location on phone and disable WiFi connection. IV been doing this a year and so far so good.good luck
The Following User Says Thank You to bhuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 06-24-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhuzz View Post
I have 3 stealth and I use 3 different phones and use the data. I'm out alot so needed to be mobile. Yep listings can look a little crappy . But still sell. Don't use app just open eBay in browser. It's a bit fu ked up but works. Listings can take longer. But if you sell similar items spend time making a template. Also turn off location on phone and disable WiFi connection. IV been doing this a year and so far so good.good luck
Great to hear you’ve been doing the same thing and it’s worked fine mate thanks for letting me know, can I just ask is there a reason you don’t use the app or is it just personal preference?
Old 06-24-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Great to hear you’ve been doing the same thing and it’s worked fine mate thanks for letting me know, can I just ask is there a reason you don’t use the app or is it just personal preference?
Lots of posts about why the eb app is deadly for stealth purposes.
Old 06-24-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Should be okay if used as OP intends to. Just make sure the phone is solely used for eBay. Don't start putting any personal content on it.

In essence, its a super isolated phone, so should be okay.
Old 06-24-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
The phone would be used solely for eBay though nothing else would be used on the phone and each phone would only be used for 1 account
Old 06-24-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Should be okay if used as OP intends to. Just make sure the phone is solely used for eBay. Don't start putting any personal content on it.

In essence, its a super isolated phone, so should be okay.
That’s all it would be used for and nothing else at all
Old 06-24-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
The phone would be used solely for eBay though nothing else would be used on the phone and each phone would only be used for 1 account
Ah ok - if you keep stuff separated, Play's info is correct. Previous users were trying to do shortcuts on one phone and the ebay app would sniff it all out
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
Keithlan1978 (06-25-2018)
Old 06-24-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,108 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

you can answer ALL ebay messages from email on one phone. Just respond to the email directly aka "reply"
The Following User Says Thank You to yankee For This Useful Post:
Keithlan1978 (06-25-2018)
Old 06-25-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Ah ok - if you keep stuff separated, Play's info is correct. Previous users were trying to do shortcuts on one phone and the ebay app would sniff it all out
Yeah I’ve seen posts about people switching accounts when using the eBay app and using a personal phone for it but mine would be used solely for eBay and I’d have 1 phone for each account and nothing else would be done on it, hopefully it will only be short term, thanks for advice I really appreciate it