VPN Fresh Dedicated IP But Still This Is Happening.... - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 06-26-2018

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 52%
Default VPN Fresh Dedicated IP But Still This Is Happening....

Bought a guaranteed Fresh Dedicated IP from a Legit but not that popular VPN service. However I and ebay, amazon and any one else for that matter can still see I'm using a VPN.

Not only this but when the VPN is on it's showing I am running two different operating systems. One in windows and one in lunix. I think this is getting in my way of 1. showing I am using a VPN and 2. making paypal deny my payments etc.

Any suggestion, I might just go with different option completely instead of a VPN if this persist. I wouldn't even want to try IP-burger or 24-vc if this is what will happen with a VPN regardless.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-26-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,198 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 29%
Longevity: 63%
Default Re: VPN Fresh Dedicated IP But Still This Is Happening....

Using a VPN isnt a problem so long as the IP isnt abused and the VPN isnt used by lots of scammers

Its why we suggest going for a lesser know VPN
Old 06-26-2018

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Longevity: 67%

Quote:
However I and ebay, amazon and any one else for that matter can still see I'm using a VPN.
There is no way to hide the fact that you're using a VPN. What you want to do is avoid using anything thats abused, which may in turn cause issues, i.e. flag you up.

Quote:
ot only this but when the VPN is on it's showing I am running two different operating systems.
Do you have a screenshot? I've never seen this. Not sure how you can use 2 OS'.
Old 06-26-2018
Threadstarter  

Below is page one of my results courtesy of Doileak.com which clearly shows 2 operating systems has been detected.

Page two shows the remaining results from Doileak.com, please let me know if you see something I am not patching up?

Image 1

Image 2
Old 06-26-2018

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 45%

I have no idea how they managed to get a Linux finger print detected. All my VPN's run on Servers running Linux and I've never had any VPN detection site including the one you used detect my server. And thats with all default settings for multiple VPN protocols SoftEther, OpenVPN, and L2TP/IPsec.

Try setting the time zone of your computer to Mountain Standard Time (MST). I'm guessing the data center your using is in Arizona based off the time zone test of the VPN detection site... see if that changes anything...

Try whoer.net and see what the results they find for Operating system.

With a VPN set up right you can hide everything except for the fact that your using a Corporate ISP (but that doesn't necessarily mean your behind a VPN).

Paying for a VPN service, you have very few settings you can change. I've never used a IPBurger IP, but I'm sure they are set up correctly.

On a side note... I found this bad ass program for widows the other day on GitHub that can capture/modify/drop network packets
sent to/from the Windows network stack.. Im using it right now on my miner running on Windows 10 to intercept the Devlopers Ethereum address for the DevFee and insert my Ethereum address in it's place.

There are simiular versions for Linux... So in theory it could be used to filter any data in the packet after coming through the VPN as long as it's not wrapped in SSL. Doing so you could set MTU value or what ever other data would need changing in the header without actually doing it though the VPN software. But it would need to be set up server side.

https://github.com/basil00/Divert

Last edited by nate; 06-26-2018 at 10:17 PM.
Old 06-26-2018

Longevity: 39%

Depends on the VPN. If it is a scumbag provider or something you found free online and the IP is flagged then they will block you for a few days or maybe limit you. If it is a legit VPN provider no big deal. Just because it says VPN it is not the end of the world (99% of China users, etc... LOTS of people have legit reason to use VPN) .
Old 06-26-2018

I buy a lot of proxies from the premium section here and always always they are good but you need to do "whereaminow" because sometimes, maybe 5% or less it will say Poland or Hungary or Japan. I think is some honest mistake. When you try to use this with a USA account it will not work so well (not hard limit, only wait a few days and clear limit).

When you put the proxy into your browser, google "news" and if you get stuff in your country the proxy is good.
Old 06-26-2018

Anyway why bother with eBay anymore? I've been selling there since 1996. This market is trash. All of the intelligent buyers and honorable sellers have been off of ebay for a decade now. ebay is a place to get a deal. Like back in the day when you would buy a stolen hubcap or watch in the back of a bar. That is all eBay is good for now.

The new iPhone comes out Sept 15? (only example I dont know the exact day) Buy it sept 15, use it until march 1 and open case in paypal and they will give you your money back. 100000%. I suggest readers try and see. Free stuff on paypal. The specs say battery life is 16 hours and mine only lasts 14 hours (after 6 months), YOU GET A REFUND
Old 08-04-2018

Longevity: 44%

Quote:
Originally Posted by technokidd1 View Post
Bought a guaranteed Fresh Dedicated IP from a Legit but not that popular VPN service. However I and ebay, amazon and any one else for that matter can still see I'm using a VPN.

Not only this but when the VPN is on it's showing I am running two different operating systems. One in windows and one in lunix. I think this is getting in my way of 1. showing I am using a VPN and 2. making paypal deny my payments etc.

Any suggestion, I might just go with different option completely instead of a VPN if this persist. I wouldn't even want to try IP-burger or 24-vc if this is what will happen with a VPN regardless.
I am not very experienced in this field but sometimes, in my experience, webrtc leaks certain information and PP / Ebay can use this to detect if you are using a VPN, then there's the DNS also, you have to do a dns leak test.
Old 08-05-2018
Threadstarter  

I always take care of webrtc so this is not the issue, however I changed the time zone and fixed the time zone issue however still it continues to show 2 different operating systems.
Old 12-31-2018

Longevity: 30%
Send a message via Skype™ to citycowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cafonabob1 View Post
Anyway why bother with eBay anymore? I've been selling there since 1996. This market is trash. All of the intelligent buyers and honorable sellers have been off of ebay for a decade now. ebay is a place to get a deal. Like back in the day when you would buy a stolen hubcap or watch in the back of a bar. That is all eBay is good for now.

The new iPhone comes out Sept 15? (only example I dont know the exact day) Buy it sept 15, use it until march 1 and open case in paypal and they will give you your money back. 100000%. I suggest readers try and see. Free stuff on paypal. The specs say battery life is 16 hours and mine only lasts 14 hours (after 6 months), YOU GET A REFUND
This doesn't happen very often nowdays, but I see what you mean. So you must be selling on Amazon then?