eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Trademark violation on Authentic Mitchell & Ness jerseys (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/118336-trademark-violation-authentic-mitchell-ness-jerseys.html)

Kev_gascan 06-26-2018 10:43 PM

Trademark violation on Authentic Mitchell & Ness jerseys

Hi, I listed a couple Authentic Mitchell & Ness MLB jerseys last Friday. Today, I got an email about a policy violation but not the MC999 one, just said appears to be a Trademark Violation. I legit bought these jerseys from Mitchell & Ness on black Friday sale a few years ago.

Should I call Ebay first or call M&N to try to get someone to verify they are the real deal.

I cant relist them for 7 days anyway, but has anybody proved items are legit and got ebay off their backs?

I have 1200+ feedback and never had a problem before. I usually sell comic books and baseball cards.

Thanks.

mmmbop 06-27-2018 04:15 AM

Re: Trademark violation on Authentic Mitchell & Ness jerseys

Do'nt relist them fullstop until you get permission.

You can submit the receipt of purchase to eBay, and get them to accept it. This sometimes works if you get a good knowledgeable rep.

If its been a VERO trademark take down, you can contact the VERO member on the email, but 9/10 they wont reply to you.

just_smile 06-27-2018 04:31 AM

I wouldn't risk listing them again if you value the account.

The brand owner can ask for there items to not be sold even if they are legit items. Save your time and sell them somwhere else.

Play 06-27-2018 08:12 AM

Out of curiosity, did you list as new or used?

I wouldn't relist this after 7 days. You'll get hit with a tougher limitation.

Kev_gascan 06-27-2018 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Play (Post 927539)
Out of curiosity, did you list as new or used?

I wouldn't relist this after 7 days. You'll get hit with a tougher limitation.

I listed them as new cause I never used them. They still have the retail tags on them.

Play 06-27-2018 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kev_gascan (Post 927566)
I listed them as new cause I never used them. They still have the retail tags on them.

Due to level of counterfeiting on such item, they clamp down quite hard. I would of thought if you listed it as used, and had pictures showing the actual item, you may get away with it.

But a new one, high risk item, it was bound to get removed im afraid.

Kev_gascan 06-27-2018 04:39 PM

It wasn't a Vero takedown though because there wasn't a contact in the email. It just said make sure the items are legit in the future. If I cant get Mitchell & Ness to help out should I relist as used? Crazy thing is my real jersey is wool and the Chinese jerseys that are still on ebay are cotton.

Play 06-27-2018 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kev_gascan (Post 927686)
It wasn't a Vero takedown though because there wasn't a contact in the email. It just said make sure the items are legit in the future. If I cant get Mitchell & Ness to help out should I relist as used? Crazy thing is my real jersey is wool and the Chinese jerseys that are still on ebay are cotton.

I really would just pass and try flog it elsewhere. You will put your entire account at jeopardy if you relist (even if used) as you're account is flagged now, so they'll most likely watch it like a hawk to see if you do relist it.

Kev_gascan 06-27-2018 08:06 PM

What are other popular selling websites in the US? Bonanza, is it any good?

Play 06-28-2018 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kev_gascan (Post 927715)
What are other popular selling websites in the US? Bonanza, is it any good?

Wish is fairly popular. Although I've only heard poor reviews all round about them. Might work for you. They have traffic, thats the only plus point.

Kev_gascan 06-28-2018 10:46 PM

Thanks, I'll check it out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Play (Post 927845)
Wish is fairly popular. Although I've only heard poor reviews all round about them. Might work for you. They have traffic, thats the only plus point.

SaiJin 06-29-2018 01:50 AM

Definitely do not relist them, the next one will be a 30 day suspension at least.

Have you tried facebook marketplace perhaps?

JamesNorth101 06-29-2018 08:01 AM

I would go down the Facebook route for this sort of item

mrowcp 06-29-2018 01:10 PM

Same thing happen to me but with another brand - RB. I successful relisted this item as new without tags.