Appealing ebays descion in the buyer favour - does it ever work? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 08-28-2018

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 33%
Default Appealing ebays descion in the buyer favour - does it ever work?

I hardly ever have cases opened but right now i have 3 opened on 3 accounts.

The first one, they opened a case, messaged me saying the item was used so i need to compensate them or else. I told them if they really believe its used i need to it back to investigate with my supplier. They kept refusing then they added it was broke + used .. even though they had been using it. So i told them return or keep it that the option. They then demanded i send them a replacement before the return it. Again told them this isn't how it works. After much argument they return it .. except they returned a different item .. the serial numbers don't match and all their old details are stored on the device Told the buyer this and they opened a case saying the item was ⊗⊗⊗⊗. I uploaded the photos of the mismatching serials (different from device to box) Ebay told me "wait for the 8 days to be up and escalate it we can see they buyer is wrong but cant act until then" escalated the case and spoke to somebody. "since they returned it we will decide in the buyers favor but you can appeal" - ebays reply.

Even though its there in black and white they are going to refund the buyer. Do i stand any chance with the case or ebay going to purely help this scammer?

On another 2 accounts - i have a no return policy buyer has bought on 1 account they have used it and realized they had bought the wrong item. Admitted so much then told ebay the item is not as described(misused) to get a return - then admitted in the case there was nothing wrong with my description but upon using it they realise its not right for what they want. Ebay has then at 8 days told me to accept the return and open an appeal because its not in original condition.

The third has ordered it used it and then said they would like to return it because they prefer their other branded item. I asked them if they believe it is faulty and offered a replacement if it was. They said no they just prefer their other branded item. Ebay has then at 8 days told me to accept the return and open an appeal because its not in original condition.

Again i have a no returns policy.

In any of these and i going to win the appeal or is ebay happy to just assist scammers and cheats?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-28-2018
Threadstarter  

Default Re: Appealing ebays descion in the buyer favour - does it ever work?

Well just an update .. ebays response upon appeal to the first one is its above their fraud threshold value so they are not interest .. even though they customer service rep can see the scam the automated system was denying the appeal automatically.

What a scam ebay is
Old 08-28-2018
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

I often tell buyers that it is required I file a police complaint and they may need to be contacted for additional info.

Its amazing how quickly some cases get closed.
Old 08-28-2018
just_smile

Longevity: 0%

If an ebay buyer really wants to scam you it's very easy for them to do so. The only thing stopping them is they know they can be banned if they do it too many times.

If you have genuinely been scammed and you have proof you can take it to the small claims court. You would need a solid case and be sure to win, or you will be held liable for all costs and you will be worse off than when you started.
Old 08-28-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulfoltyn View Post
Well just an update .. ebays response upon appeal to the first one is its above their fraud threshold value so they are not interest .. even though they customer service rep can see the scam the automated system was denying the appeal automatically.

What a scam ebay is
Call back. They have regular claims and high value claims ($750 or more). They can open either without issue its just a different team if its high value. I've won appeals on both regular and HV. HV was a similar case of mismatching serials. Keep asking to speak to supervisors until you get someone who's first language is English.
Old 08-29-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by newjerseymax View Post
I often tell buyers that it is required I file a police complaint and they may need to be contacted for additional info.

Its amazing how quickly some cases get closed.

I often use that when "Item is not received" 99.9% it changes to a family member, a neighbor, the cat signed for it.

This first one who has so far been refunded thank to ebay was told i would report it to actions fraud, didn't faze him. Had ordered it to his work address so his HR team have now got all the details + screenshots of him using the workplace to commit fraud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kessel Runner View Post
Call back. They have regular claims and high value claims ($750 or more). They can open either without issue its just a different team if its high value. I've won appeals on both regular and HV. HV was a similar case of mismatching serials. Keep asking to speak to supervisors until you get someone who's first language is English.

I will give it another go, she was either Scottish or Irish who i spoke to and she did seem to be genuinely trying to find a work around .. but she could of just put me on hold to file her nails