eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Is A List Of Keywords OK For An Item Title (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/120393-list-keywords-ok-item-title.html)

Freakzilla 09-24-2018 06:36 PM

Is A List Of Keywords OK For An Item Title

Hi Guys,

I'm setting up a new venture selling Framed Art. I'll be selling on our website, Ebay and Amazon. I'm finding it hard to come up with titles for the items. For example one of the pieces of art is a picture containing a lake, reflections of the water, sky, clouds, sunset and a forest.

Would a title simply saying Lake Water Reflections Sky Clouds Sunset Forest Framed Art be effective?

I know it doesn't read well, but it contains all the keywords of elements of the art.

I've found this hard to describe, so I hope it makes sense.

Thanks

paypalpains 09-25-2018 05:41 PM

Re: Is A List Of Keywords OK For An Item Title

Depends, it could get flagged , removed, or even edited by ebay , why dont you call them and ask them, they all know what they are doing over there in Ebay HQ

13obby 09-25-2018 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paypalpains (Post 946097)
Depends, it could get flagged , removed, or even edited by ebay , why dont you call them and ask them, they all know what they are doing over there in Ebay HQ

Why would I get flagged that doesn’t make sense it’s only a title so no It won’t get flagged.

Try using title builder to get you started link is below.

https://title-builder.com

paypalpains 09-26-2018 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 13obby (Post 946100)
Why would I get flagged that doesn’t make sense it’s only a title so no It won’t get flagged.

Try using title builder to get you started link is below.

https://title-builder.com

As you were soldier

RigorAndMonroe 09-26-2018 11:23 AM

Relatedwords.org

You want to use a main keyword and build around it with combinations that actually describe the image (and make sense). Stuffing a whole bunch of words together is not giving the user any information about the item. You're just confusing them. Just to get an idea, put "framed art" in the Google Keyword Tool to see how it's done. Put "framed art" on Amazon and see how your competitors are doing it.

dan_ebay 09-26-2018 11:25 AM

No because it sounds sh it. You need good keywords but it's important that it makes sense too or people won't click it.

SaiJin 09-26-2018 11:46 AM

Hmm.... I'd make a good title that makes sense and use the keywords in the description instead.

As a customer, I won't be interested to see such a title because it seems like an amateur.

Freakzilla 09-30-2018 04:52 PM

If I put the information in the description and not the title, how would a customer ever find the product?

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaiJin (Post 946222)
Hmm.... I'd make a good title that makes sense and use the keywords in the description instead.

As a customer, I won't be interested to see such a title because it seems like an amateur.

Freakzilla 09-30-2018 04:53 PM

The biggest seller on Ebay and Amazon just lists all the keywords and then Canvas Art in each title.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RigorAndMonroe (Post 946214)
Relatedwords.org

You want to use a main keyword and build around it with combinations that actually describe the image (and make sense). Stuffing a whole bunch of words together is not giving the user any information about the item. You're just confusing them. Just to get an idea, put "framed art" in the Google Keyword Tool to see how it's done. Put "framed art" on Amazon and see how your competitors are doing it.

dallis 09-30-2018 07:24 PM

Start with what it is:

Painting
24x36" (whatever size it is)
Oil/acrylic/water color
Canvas
Hand Painted / Original Art

People like original works. If they wanted a mass produced print they wouldn't be looking for you, they'd be in Wally-mart or Tarry-get.

Then stack up the adjectives.

Lake Water Reflections Sky Clouds Sunset Forest

I do like the phrase 'framed art', get that in there, probably at the beginning.

Include every keyword you can think of in the body of the listing, supposedly Cassini searches the listing for keywords and descriptors as well.

Supposedly Cassini weighs title keywords giving greater weight to the beginning of the title and lesser weight to words towards the end.

Find similar works that sell and see what their titles include, and the body of the ads as well.