HELP. My eBay up, brother previously banned but has opened up a new one - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 09-29-2018

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 32%
Default HELP. My eBay up, brother previously banned but has opened up a new one

Hi everyone, not sure if I’m posting this is the wrong section, apologies if so. I’m looking for a bit of advice.

My brother has previously been banned on eBay for doing no doubt stuff he shouldn’t of been (I don’t ask, i have before and I just get lies).

I’ve had my eBay up and running now for 1 year and 6 months with only 1 issue (7 day ban for apparently trying to sell outside of eBay 10 months ago) and I came home last night to notice he has now opened up a new eBay account knowing full well it will get shut down and take mine down also (I recently left my job, full time eBay seller) so I ended up having a heated argument which in the end he closed the account down, eBay have said about it takes 30 days?.

Either way now I am worrying sick, will they now catch onto me and close me down? I’ll give some more details.

-We live at the same address.
-He has never used my phone or laptop and I have never used his or any other device for eBay or PayPal so no IP issue.
-Same second name, difference first.
-Different banks.
-Different PayPal.
-Sold and bought completely different things.

I have now, in panic, changed all my eBay address details to my industrial unit (residential address, shipping and return address) as I thought that was the only thing that could link us together however will it still be in eBays database my address that I have now deleted? Just some advice and opinions is all I’m asking.

Thank you very much.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-29-2018

Longevity: 50%
Default Re: HELP. My eBay up, brother previously banned but has opened up a new one

so you live at the same address, but not same ip ? you only use 3g internet ?
Old 09-29-2018
Threadstarter  

Default Re: HELP. My eBay up, brother previously banned but has opened up a new one

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOOKNAPA View Post
so you live at the same address, but not same ip ? you only use 3g internet ?
We use the same WiFi but didn’t devices as I have always thought IP goes on the device you are using? So my phone and laptop generate different IP addresses?
Old 09-29-2018

Longevity: 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JF94 View Post
We use the same WiFi but didn’t devices as I have always thought IP goes on the device you are using? So my phone and laptop generate different IP addresses?
no, same wifi = Same ip for all machines connected to it
Old 09-29-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOOKNAPA View Post
no, same wifi = Same ip for all machines connected to it
So with my brother previously being banned I imagine it was a different internet provider so different IP.

How come I didn’t get banned when I first started?
Different IP but same surename and address.

So now he started a new eBay and cancelled on this IP I’m guessing my time is limited unless his ban from many moons ago got up lifted and he doesn’t know about it, would you agree? How long would you say before eBay bite down on me?

Thanks for responding.