eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   buyers returned item to stealth address (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/121144-buyers-returned-item-stealth-address.html)

Team4 10-25-2018 08:17 AM

buyers returned item to stealth address

I am not sure How I can avoid this happen again. Buyer opens claim not as described. We accept return and attach prepaid label. also sent buyer this to email address as well. but now buyer sent item back with her own label goes to stealth address. How this happens? Buyer is just ignore to label I sent and she create own and ship it out? Thank you

phaz0rz 10-25-2018 09:03 AM

Re: buyers returned item to stealth address

You need to add a valid return address to your account and delete the stealth address to prevent this from happening again. It is safe for you to add a valid address and it will save you a lot of trouble.

Sometimes buyers (especially in cases where you happen to sell to someone familiar with eBay stealth) will purposely send an empty box back to your "stealth address" when they notice that the address on the shipment and the address on your account don't match.

Team4 10-25-2018 09:32 AM

Valid account on ebay seller account detail? I can add my real address? Why this happened anyway I even sent buyer prepaid label I purchased by stamp.com?

SaiJin 10-25-2018 09:44 AM

No, add an address that's never been used before but you have access to.

phaz0rz 10-25-2018 09:56 AM

Yes you can add your real address.

If your real address was used before on another banned account, just put an LLC name instead of your personal name on the first line. I have a variation of the same address (my home address) on several accounts which was also used on my old personal account years ago. This will not link your accounts. Tons of sellers use fulfillment companies so tons of sellers have the same return address.

Be sure you're only adding it as a return address and you won't have any issues. You do not need to go into your account details and add the address there - just in your return preferences.

phaz0rz 10-25-2018 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Team4 (Post 952459)
Why this happened anyway I even sent buyer prepaid label I purchased by stamp.com?

Like I said earlier, this could have simply been a scam attempt by your buyer that they decided to do after seeing your return address was wrong.

Team4 10-25-2018 10:04 AM

Ok I see.So I cannot add my real address them since I used before. Should I rent virtual address?

Team4 10-25-2018 10:07 AM

I do not have LLC yet.. Shall I get virtual address? Thank you

flyriver 10-25-2018 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Team4 (Post 952477)
I do not have LLC yet.. Shall I get virtual address? Thank you

Make one up, nobody is going to check the validity of the LLC name. It is just to add variation to your address.

phaz0rz 10-25-2018 02:31 PM

flyriver is spot-on.

I have a few LLC's but I use a made up LLC name on most of our shipments.

Play 10-25-2018 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Team4 (Post 952450)
I am not sure How I can avoid this happen again. Buyer opens claim not as described. We accept return and attach prepaid label. also sent buyer this to email address as well. but now buyer sent item back with her own label goes to stealth address. How this happens? Buyer is just ignore to label I sent and she create own and ship it out? Thank you

Buyers can do that.

You should reach out to them and tell them to use your label whenever you realise they're about to return the item.

Also, update your returns address on eBay (leave other addresses as is).

Kajunrook 10-26-2018 07:53 AM

Did Ebay send the buyer a return receipt, you need to turn off that function in Ebay. Same happened to me and my stealth name got investigated by LE

phaz0rz 10-26-2018 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kajunrook (Post 952723)
Did Ebay send the buyer a return receipt, you need to turn off that function in Ebay. Same happened to me and my stealth name got investigated by LE

Can you share more of the story?

Did you use the name of a criminal or what? How did LE get involved?

Also what is a return receipt?

Team4 10-27-2018 08:38 AM

What is going on?

Team4 10-27-2018 08:40 AM

Is really safe to change return address to my real address?

Kajunrook 10-27-2018 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phaz0rz (Post 952726)
Can you share more of the story?

Did you use the name of a criminal or what? How did LE get involved?

Also what is a return receipt?

I bought an account on here and the seller used a guys real name and address, I had three items returned to his address and he contacted me on ebay. When I went to see his info on his Ebay ID it was me (my stealth me). I explained to him I had bought this account from someone. Then a month later the ebay and paypal went down. Also several people who had bought from me lost their paypal and in one instance the person contacted paypal and was told that individual was under investigation by authorities. I now google info on accounts I buy here. It was a harrowing experience to say the least.

Team4 10-27-2018 09:59 AM

What s LE? and Anyone can tell me what I have to do. I am bit confused. Thank you