Ebay changes and updates screwing up sales? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 11-12-2018

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 49%
Default Ebay changes and updates screwing up sales?

So due to the new changes Ebay made this fall it seems that all my sales are down across all accounts, still doing ok but for this time of year its pretty slow compared to every other year I've sold.

I have to sell things for cheaper and even listings coming up on the first page are not really selling.

How many of you are also experiencing this sales drop?
It seems MANY others who have been around for years are having some serious issues with listing views and sales this past month or 2 since the Fall Update.

I sell many things which are not listed in the ebay catalog so it seems they are not getting any views because of this.

also the "free returns" changes ebay made I think are messing up accounts as obviously I cant allow ebay to send free return labels to a stealth account with a stealth address... So not offering the free returns I think is hurting pretty much all stealth accounts.

check the ebay forum.. https://community.ebay.com/t5/Sellin.../td-p/29065072

How are things going for your stores? Similar? I think everybody is going to amazon to buy and sell now. Ebay keeps trying to change things but seems to just hurt sellers which hurts their profits in the long run.

I'm personally going to make my transition off of ebay shortly, it's pretty much almost not worth it any more.
The Following User Says Thank You to tim348 For This Useful Post:
paypalpains (11-13-2018)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-12-2018
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 50%
Longevity: 91%
Default Re: Ebay changes and updates screwing up sales?

Honestly almost every year and every season this happens.
Amazon is even worse when it comes to changes.

Where are you going to transition to?
Old 11-12-2018

Longevity: 37%

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
Honestly almost every year and every season this happens.
Amazon is even worse when it comes to changes.

Where are you going to transition to?

Do you mean that after some time things go back to normal again?
Old 11-12-2018
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 49%

I will Probably focus on my website.. amazon and ebay both make it so hard to make any profit.

Everything is price so insanely low I don't know why half the people are still selling at basically no profit? Maybe because they just need to clear stock when things aren't selling?

It's hard to find anything good to sell and when you do, competition is there dropping prices lower than yours every time they notice yours is lower, then they all report you, and try to sabatoge your accounts it's just absolutely insane the way things are run.

I'm pretty sure all my competitors report me non stop, and probably create multiple ebay accounts just for the sole purpose of reporting their competition.

Yea I did notice every time they make changes, it messes up views/sales etc.
but this time has got to be the worst I've experienced, seems to be true for many others as well.

I am assuming ebay will realize how bad they messed up after this last quarter sales/profits are in!

I definitely have noticed many listing views/sale fluctuations over time, they get worse when changes are made and sometimes seem to get better.. but this has been pretty bad last 2 months or longer.
Old 11-12-2018

Longevity: 53%

Well for the last three years I was making a lot of extra spending money selling vero but have got tired of all the paypal and ebay suspensions, so I am starting a new account and trying to go legit, but here is the issue.

Vero cost $1 sells for $12 (with a lot of sales)
Non Vero $1 sells for $4.50 (with very few sales)

but yes my sales are down this year compared to others but most of my accounts are new.
Old 11-13-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Most buyers see eBay as a junkyard and would rather buy from AZ. :(

Sales are lower than usual this time of year for us. And phake VeRO accounts (qq.com email for USA brand??) keep taking down best sellers on our accounts.

There are still buyers on eBay but I think most have gone to Amazon and probably deleted the eBay app from their phone.
The Following User Says Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
nickopedia (11-13-2018)
Old 11-13-2018
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 43%

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post

Sales are lower than usual this time of year for us. And phake VeRO accounts (qq.com email for USA brand??) keep taking down best sellers on our accounts.

There are still buyers on eBay but I think most have gone to Amazon and probably deleted the eBay app from their phone.
eBay is a Junkyard? Is it really that bad?

With all the Chinese goods flooding the site these days, it seems that way. With eBay it's all about price on BIN listings, unless you have spare "junk" laying around the house you are willing to let go to auction.

Remember that 70's series Sanford & Son? Tell me that eBay isn't turning into that junk yard?

Craigslist is 100x worse than eBay tho. More than 90% of the potential buyers on that site are flakes. They may seem interested on the onset, but then disappear at the last minute- won't answer their phone/email, or don't show when promised. The 10% who do follow through with the sale either want it for lower price than you agreed, or free. Talk about cheap-mofos.
Old 11-14-2018

Longevity: 38%

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post

I Disagree vehemently. eBay is still a well known consumer website where many buyers, both DOMESTIC and INTERNATIONAL purchase many products. There is enough market share for all websites to function and allow sales to go through.
Amazon has its own challenges
Shopify has its own challenges
Etsy..
All websites come with its own set of challenges..adapt and overcome and keep expanding..a business that is not expanding is dying..Stay vigilant
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheRealist For This Useful Post:
ebaystealth1974 (11-14-2018), walkingupwards (11-14-2018)