Can I create & link new PayPal account to old established Ebay Account? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 01-03-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 88%
Default Can I create & link new PayPal account to old established Ebay Account?

Ok so my PayPal account seems to be permanently limited now because of the Tax ID Number. I posted on the other forum, and the limitation did not come off January 1st as I had somewhat hoped. I went over the threshold for sales when I lost track literally the first week of December.

The PayPal account can no longer receive any payments and was thus therefor AUTOMATICALLY removed from my eBay account (Long Term 5+ year 500+ feedback account).

My question is, can I create (or buy) a NEW PayPal stealth account and link it to that established eBay account and continue about business as usual? Just create a new stealth PayPal account? I have been doing this for years and am a veteran stealther but have never run into this issue before. I would hate to lose the eBay account and it's my fault for not keeping track of the sales a slight bit closer. Anyone ever added a new Paypal account to an exisiting eBay account before? Any issues? Tips, tricks, advice to make sure it goes smooth?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-03-2019
Threadstarter  

Default Re: Can I create & link new PayPal account to old established Ebay Account?

Any ideas veteran Stealthers? I can make a new 100% Stealth PayPal account tomorrow. I would just like to know if it will work or not? Has anyone done this before? I know there has to be lots of sellers that for the TAX ID limitation.
Old 01-03-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,198 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 28%
Longevity: 63%
Default Re: Can I create & link new PayPal account to old established Ebay Account?

Need to give it a bit of time for people to reply
The Following User Says Thank You to JamesNorth101 For This Useful Post:
vigilantex69 (01-03-2019)
Old 01-04-2019
Threadstarter  

Here is what I am going to try. I just paid the remaining $70 in eBay fees with my old paypal account and then transferred the money out of the account so the balance is now zero on eBay and keep it in good standing. I am going to open a new stealth PayPal account with similar details, maybe just the same last name and such. Verify it with bank account, credit card, all that stuff. Then I am going to link it to the established 5+ year old eBay account and sell SMALL items just like I did when aging the previous account. My guess is the new PayPal account will have the same 21 day hold and such on it for new Payments. Start out slow for a month or so and see how it goes. At this point I don't really have anything to lose? I don't see why it would limit the eBay account because it is not an issue to switch PayPal accounts around on eBay, and my eBay account is in perfect good standing. Once the new PayPal account ages a bit, I just have to hope they don't link it back to the other one that is "limited" because of the Tax ID number. Since it's my PayPal is not limited for Fraud or anything, I wouldn't think they classify it in the same category? Any advice?
The Following User Says Thank You to vigilantex69 For This Useful Post:
WEI (01-04-2019)
Old 01-04-2019

Longevity: 53%

I have one going on 5 months that I did that too, just make sure you only keep enough money in that paypal to pay ebay fees so if they limit you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vigilantex69 View Post
Ok so my PayPal account seems to be permanently limited now because of the Tax ID Number. I posted on the other forum, and the limitation did not come off January 1st as I had somewhat hoped. I went over the threshold for sales when I lost track literally the first week of December.

The PayPal account can no longer receive any payments and was thus therefor AUTOMATICALLY removed from my eBay account (Long Term 5+ year 500+ feedback account).

My question is, can I create (or buy) a NEW PayPal stealth account and link it to that established eBay account and continue about business as usual? Just create a new stealth PayPal account? I have been doing this for years and am a veteran stealther but have never run into this issue before. I would hate to lose the eBay account and it's my fault for not keeping track of the sales a slight bit closer. Anyone ever added a new Paypal account to an exisiting eBay account before? Any issues? Tips, tricks, advice to make sure it goes smooth?
The Following User Says Thank You to Kajunrook For This Useful Post:
vigilantex69 (01-04-2019)
Old 01-04-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kajunrook View Post
I have one going on 5 months that I did that too, just make sure you only keep enough money in that paypal to pay ebay fees so if they limit you.
Did you start off selling slow again like it was a brand new eBay and PayPal account? Did you have any limitations when you first attached the PayPal account to the established eBay account? Any tips on how you made the PayPal account? Thanks For the constructive feedback
Old 01-04-2019

Longevity: 53%

Yes, I treated the sales like it was a new ebay and paypal acct. Did that for 60 days and slowly have increased sales the last 4 months..
Quote:
Originally Posted by vigilantex69 View Post
Did you start off selling slow again like it was a brand new eBay and PayPal account? Did you have any limitations when you first attached the PayPal account to the established eBay account? Any tips on how you made the PayPal account? Thanks For the constructive feedback
Old 01-04-2019

Longevity: 30%

what is the exact number of threshold for paypal?
Old 01-04-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kajunrook View Post
Yes, I treated the sales like it was a new ebay and paypal acct. Did that for 60 days and slowly have increased sales the last 4 months..
When you created the new Paypal account to attach to the established eBay account, did you use the same name and address from the previous limited Paypal account for the new one? Or did you change the name, or address or anything? I want to make sure I don't flag anything obviously. Thanks again.
Old 01-04-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,935 Times in 8,226 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Attaching a new pp to an old eb isn't the best stealth method but that being said, many ppl have reported it working for various time periods - you can never predict for how long.

From what ppl have told me, the new pp used with old eb doesn't match up on registration info even...
Old 01-04-2019
Banned

Longevity: 40%

It would work totally just fine, but for HOW LONG? we never know.