eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Trolls were able to get one of my ebay accounts suspended, wth? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/123297-trolls-were-able-get-one-my-ebay-accounts-suspended-wth.html)

glacier922 01-18-2019 09:30 PM

Trolls were able to get one of my ebay accounts suspended, wth?

Were any of you able to override this? This is BS. I don't know how they were able to do it.

glacier922 01-18-2019 09:34 PM

Re: Trolls were able to get one of my ebay accounts suspended, wth?

Btw, trying to contact ebay now, but they're putting me on hold for awhile. It says 2 minute wait, so far it's been 15 minutes. Is this ebay's way of telling me to go away? Anyone ever had this experience before too?

nickopedia 01-18-2019 09:47 PM

When you say a "troll" got you suspended, I assume it was user(s) that you previously had a run in with before, maybe a competitor? I had this happen more than a couple times since I also sell items in one particular competitive category.

Chances are, you are not the only one being harassed. Have you tried contacting other sellers who are selling your same items to compare notes? I usually do this using another stealth account other than the main ones I sell on for privacy.

xakche 01-19-2019 06:50 AM

Just try to contact ebay again and speak to them about the troll

walkingupwards 01-19-2019 08:14 AM

We are not psychic here! Why don't you tell us how the troll got you suspended?

miketyson 01-19-2019 09:09 AM

Lol saying trolls is like saying those thugs.

SaiJin 01-19-2019 11:17 AM

What is it that happened in detail?
And no, their wait time has always been terrible.

10 minutes is standard .

glacier922 01-20-2019 03:12 PM

Welp, let's just say it's a risky item, but still legit. Lots of hate email saying otherwise. Not too long after this, then my account gets suspended.

Updated news though: I got my account reinstated by waiting out the 40 minutes through tech support they explained they were sorry, and it would never happen again.

THEN...24 hours, I get suspended again, I called the third time, they told me they no longer wanted to do business with me, they suggested that I sell on another platform. I then told them to go to hell.

nickopedia 01-20-2019 04:40 PM

This sounds all too familiar. Sometime back there was this guy with way too much time on his hands harassing not just myself, but other eBay sellers with the same risky and high priced item for sale. He was sending threatening messages to these sellers saying the item was ⊗⊗⊗⊗, threatening to contact the police, eBay, and the manufacturer. This went on for months, and the sad part he would even get some sellers taken down.

Calling and reporting this guy to eBay did nothing.
I contacted the other sellers and most of us did something that caused his account with 1400+ feedbacks to go NARU. It's not exactly ethical, but it worked.

eBay need to do something about trolls like this on their site. Some people make it a full time endeavor to play "ebay police" reporting listings they don't like. It reminds me of Craigslist and their stupid flagging concept which made that site the cesspool it is now.

There was also this well known eBay seller called Hubcap Joe's that who was the victim of a particularly nefarious troll that nearly shut down his business. It was well publicized and there are a few Youtube videos about it.

glacier922 01-21-2019 06:09 PM

It happens, which is why I always have backup accounts all ready.

thepianoman 01-21-2019 06:33 PM

you cna contact ebay and explain

glacier922 01-21-2019 07:39 PM

^^^^^

smh

nickopedia 01-21-2019 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thepianoman (Post 972897)
you cna contact ebay and explain

That usually doesn't work. eBay doesn't seem to care about trolls that are out to destroy selllers unless they start getting many complaints in a short time. I know because I have dealt with this before, and so has the OP.

The only method that worked was to eliminate the troll, but doing so was not easy and takes some effort and not exactly above board. ;)

iamlmfao 01-21-2019 09:59 PM

BRO, how can they reinstate. Then 24hours later gone. WTF. Theres gotta be more to this story.....

phaz0rz 01-22-2019 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamlmfao (Post 972938)
BRO, how can they reinstate. Then 24hours later gone. WTF. Theres gotta be more to this story.....

Different rep the 2nd time.

nerdydood 01-26-2019 10:22 PM

I feel you brother....