eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Current status of Google Voice for accounts, please (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/123719-current-status-google-voice-accounts-please.html)

NewOldStockBoy 02-04-2019 08:33 AM

Current status of Google Voice for accounts, please

Figured I would ask this in this specific way to get current information since several of the threads relating to this seemed meandering.

Setting up a new US account. I live in the US.

I have 2 healthy stealth accounts I've used for years, so I'm not sweating it. (Good account management is the key to this thing, people.)

This is for some extra ghosts.

I was adding lines to my cellular plan & they discount for transferring an existing number. Enter ye auld tracfone. Picked a couple up, activated them, and am going to use those numbers to transfer to my regular cell plan. Woke up and thought this would be a good time to make a couple of extra ghosts. I haven't made a ghost account in a couple of years, so I logged on to brush up. It used to be that I could use a tracfone to get a gvoice number or two and make a couple few accounts off of it.

I'm seeing stuff about Google Voice and tracfone no longer working in the US but it's a bit of a mess trying to get a definitive answer.

Do Tracfone numbers still work for both eBay and PayPal?
Do Google Voice numbers still work for both eBay and PayPal?

Thanks to all for the updated info.

rsot 02-04-2019 08:36 AM

Re: Current status of Google Voice for accounts, please

Think 1 post on the topic is enough - no need to double post:

https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-d...ts-please.html

Tracfone still seems to work - GV is not ideal and can lead to 0/0 accounts with need to call in and fix

NewOldStockBoy 02-04-2019 08:37 AM

Yeah, looking for the delete post option.

nickopedia 02-04-2019 08:43 AM

TracFone and Net10 prepaids do work OK when creating the accounts. You are correct about teh Google Voice (or any other virtual VOIP service) which will nearly always result in you getting 0/0 limits right off the bat.

Some people claim that the 0/0 limits are an easy restriction to overcome. That's not been my experience at all. Most always calling into eBay asking to lift the 0/0 will result in them asking database questions from public records. If it's a stealth account, good luck passing that.

You need to create the new seller account using a real mobile, or prepaid.

NewOldStockBoy 02-04-2019 08:44 AM

I have no fear of calling PayPal. I've dealt with them for years. If I get a 0/0 will calling on the GV account fix it?

nickopedia 02-04-2019 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewOldStockBoy (Post 976101)
I have no fear of calling PayPal. I've dealt with them for years. If I get a 0/0 will calling on the GV account fix it?

I'm referring to the eBay 0/0 limits. This has nothing to do with PayPal.

I have used TracFone wireless prepaids for years without a problem for both PP & EB.

NewOldStockBoy 02-04-2019 08:51 AM

So, please correct me if I am wrong, GV is fine setting up a new PayPal in the US.

I have no fear of calling eBay either. Will calling on the GV account number clear up the issue? Even if the limits are low I am not sweating it as I have time to grow the account.

nickopedia 02-04-2019 09:22 AM

GV is fine for setting up PayPal, not so much for eBay as it will give you 0/0 limits from the get go.

PayPal doesn't care what type of # you use so as long as you have access to it. If you were to ever lose access to that phone number down the road, it can cause problems. Just be sure you keep that number active. For GV, I send/receive texts every week or two to keep it active. Don't just leave it sitting doing nothing for long periods of time.

NewOldStockBoy 02-04-2019 03:47 PM

Once the account is created on eBay with a tracfone, is there an issue switching it to a GV number? I'm not planning on keeping the tracfone number for long. When changing to the GV number, will it request verification from the tracfone number? Thanks again for the knowledge. It's best to get this right the first time.

nickopedia 02-05-2019 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewOldStockBoy (Post 976196)
Once the account is created on eBay with a tracfone, is there an issue switching it to a GV number? I'm not planning on keeping the tracfone number for long. When changing to the GV number, will it request verification from the tracfone number? Thanks again for the knowledge. It's best to get this right the first time.

Lots of account sellers here create the accounts with a real mobile then add a GV for management purposes.

rsot 02-05-2019 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickopedia (Post 976266)
Lots of account sellers here create the accounts with a real mobile then add a GV for management purposes.

Agree on that - seen it; seems to work fine after account creation...

NewOldStockBoy 02-12-2019 02:24 PM

Well, all went well with setup, so thanks to all for the updated info. To sum up, tracfone number used with eBay, GV with PP. Will xfer eBay to GV in a couple of months to make life easier.

H4ck 02-12-2019 02:42 PM

I am not a fan of google voice,

would recommend going directly to bandwidth.com and buying 1 voip phone number from them directly and using it.......

google voice numbers are sourced from bandwidth.com.........

google voice numbers can expire on gmail, once they expire your in a pile of sh1t in terms of getting stuff done on paypal.

monthly cost on to keep phone number up is 35 cents a month.........on bandwidth.com

krose1162 02-12-2019 03:32 PM

question on the bandwidth number, if it is called does it forward to your cell or whatever number used to set up account. thanks.

H4ck 02-12-2019 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krose1162 (Post 978150)
question on the bandwidth number, if it is called does it forward to your cell or whatever number used to set up account. thanks.

you can set it up to forward text/call through their control panel.

president89 02-13-2019 07:05 PM

I have a question. Could someone buy 10 SIMS, pay the one month fee, get verified on , then toss them? Will all 10 sims work in a single phone - user would have to manually swap them in and out as they were verifying?

rsot 02-13-2019 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by president89 (Post 978528)
I have a question. Could someone buy 10 SIMS, pay the one month fee, get verified on , then toss them? Will all 10 sims work in a single phone - user would have to manually swap them in and out as they were verifying?

You can as long as a different working phone number is on file for PP...always good to have a working number on file