eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   I am thinking about giving up already!! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/123902-i-am-thinking-about-giving-up-already.html)

walkingupwards 02-10-2019 12:17 PM

I am thinking about giving up already!!

I don't know what the hell is it with eBay, but in the last few months it has been extremely hard to sell compared to earlier times. It's not just about my account, I keep an eye on some sellers and it looks like we all have been affected somehow.

Before, a listing used to take few days to reach the first page and starts selling good. Now the listings are sitting for days and weeks with very few views. I tried every single thing and nothing worked. It feels like eBay is now biased towards 2 or 3 sellers who are taking all sales.

Anyone here experiencing something similar to this?

Aballing 02-10-2019 05:51 PM

Re: I am thinking about giving up already!!

Ebay is throttling dropshippers for a while now. So that might be your problem if you are a dropshipper.

Using monitor software that abuses Ebay API is mostly what flags a dropshipper account.

Sosaa247 02-10-2019 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by walkingupwards (Post 977688)
I don't know what the hell is it with eBay, but in the last few months it has been extremely hard to sell compared to earlier times. It's not just about my account, I keep an eye on some sellers and it looks like we all have been affected somehow.

Before, a listing used to take few days to reach the first page and starts selling good. Now the listings are sitting for days and weeks with very few views. I tried every single thing and nothing worked. It feels like eBay is now biased towards 2 or 3 sellers who are taking all sales.

Anyone here experiencing something similar to this?

If at any point in time you had software that uses Api connected to that account. That account is most likely done for .

nickopedia 02-10-2019 08:27 PM

I agree, your use of API is being monitored.

I had one stealth I was using an arbitrage software on as a test. It worked OK at first, but after a couple weeks, all the listings on that account started getting pushed back in rankings, and views. Eventually it went down to nearly nothing, so I stopped using that account entirely.

I hate to say it, but you will probably need to stop using that account, and transition to another account and manually list things if you want to avoid this nonsense.

WEI 02-10-2019 08:44 PM

To add, i even had more sales with my new accounts compared to that of my 'old' accounts. Maybe there's something wrong with how/or what tools you used. I'm doing all mine manually.

supernova 02-10-2019 09:09 PM

Not everything will fly off the shelves... you gotta find the right products my guy

Good luck!

eman350 02-10-2019 10:23 PM

Ps4 systems is whats selliing hot for me. And iphones.

Sunspot144 02-11-2019 01:07 PM

Promoted listings?

JackFrost 02-11-2019 01:13 PM

There are plenty of tools to help you find the right product. I've been using HGR, and I can only speak for myself, getting good margins, but ultimately just depends on yourself.

ddm50 02-11-2019 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eman350 (Post 977746)
Ps4 systems is whats selliing hot for me. And iphones.

Unless it's stolen, don't see how you would profit.... and yeah obviously they sell.

walkingupwards 02-11-2019 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickopedia (Post 977730)
I agree, your use of API is being monitored.

I had one stealth I was using an arbitrage software on as a test. It worked OK at first, but after a couple weeks, all the listings on that account started getting pushed back in rankings, and views. Eventually it went down to nearly nothing, so I stopped using that account entirely.

I hate to say it, but you will probably need to stop using that account, and transition to another account and manually list things if you want to avoid this nonsense.

I don't really buy into the whole API theory. I keep an eye on major sellers and most of them do use APIs to run their accounts. Some of these guys have a feedback score of +20k/month. It can't be that eBay flagged every account that uses API. I think they used tracking numbers to figure out whether someone is shipping and getting returns to multiple addresses.

I personally have never used API with any of my accounts.

Here is how eBay has changed in the last few months... Before, I used to list an item for sale, the listing would get a few sales the first couple days (say 4 10 sales) and then it will take off (50-80 sales a day). Now I list the item, it keeps getting 1-2 sales a day for almost 2-3 weeks and then it may take off. I was at first paranoid that this is account-related, but then noticed that all newly listed items by different sellers are being treated the same way.

I remember talking to an eBay-rep few months ago complaining about the eBay-search-engine and he told me that some updates have been applied to the eBay-system as a whole, but that these weren't related to how items are searched or indexed.

Remember how the listings of a newly created account would be sent to the top position as a motivational gesture? It seems that eBay dumped that.

H4ck 02-12-2019 03:07 AM

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/LoneGiddyA...restricted.gif

cry me a fvcking river.......be a man grow a pair and suck it up.

H4ck 02-12-2019 03:11 AM

when life gives you a basket of lemons........destroy everything and everyone.

fvck it all.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/CarelessWh...lcat-small.gif

eman350 02-12-2019 03:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ddm50 (Post 977862)
Unless it's stolen, don't see how you would profit.... and yeah obviously they sell.

Nope not stolen. I get them at good prices and make good profit.

topnotchsports 02-12-2019 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eman350 (Post 977990)
Nope not stolen. I get them at good prices and make good profit.

Lol oh yeah???

:thumb:

Unless they are hot or broken your full of it. If your buying them for parts and fixing them that's another story. But nobody in the world is letting good condition iphones go for a "cheap price". iphones are the last thing I'd ever advise anyone to start selling. All risk no profit!