eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Temporary selling hold (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/123951-temporary-selling-hold.html)

nitrozilla 02-12-2019 02:59 PM

Temporary selling hold

Final results of 3rd call: Verified info again, they asked questions about where I will get my items etc I just said personal items from home, stuff from yard sales etc. They asked if I was selling the same items on any other platform. So it appears all is good now. Got an official email saying account was reinstated etc. Hopefully this helps someone else going through the same thing.

Latest Update:
Listed my cups with success. Then a minute later - they got taken down and I had a message saying that my account was on hold pending verification and to call AGAIN.

Updated: Called ebay back again after reading through the forums about a potential issue with gender mis-match. I suspect the issue arose when the CS rep heard a female voice with a male name. I called back, it was about to happen again and I explained how I identify and that its super ebarassing to have to explain. The hold was removed and all is good. I really love this resource. Thanks all who commented.

Original post:

Purchased a ready to go Paypal/Ebay package with higher limit (a month old, 1/25k). Spent a few days browsing around, searching items, reading about selling etc to establish device trust on a clean device running IP Burger. Paypal was verified via micro deposits, all good.

Tried to list some mugs this morning - nothing special 9.99 plus shipping. Then got a message that popped up saying that in order to keep ebay a safe place, yada yada, we have temporarily placed a hold on the account until I call to verify info.

I have all of the pertinent info from my purchase - address, phone, email, DOB etc. Call CS - they looked into it and said I had to be escalated to another department to answer some verification questions. I had a bad line and ended up getting disconnected but not before the rep wanted me to answer from a list of names that I am associated with as well as a previous address. Super bummer - I had no idea they ask questions like that.

On another note - a newbie stealth count I just created a week ago has a ten item limit, sold 2 and is doing just fine with no seasoning or verification. Any ideas as to why this happens, am I burned for the paid account or is this one of those situations where I call until someone gives me an answer that I like? CS was helpful and seemed confused as to why I was getting limited on a $10 item with a 1/25k account.

H4ck 02-12-2019 03:10 PM

Re: Temporary selling hold

maybe its something new..........?

MM78 02-12-2019 03:15 PM

Have you spoken to the seller of the account?

nitrozilla 02-12-2019 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H4ck (Post 978137)
maybe its something new..........?

That's what I was wondering - I have never experienced that before. I even took new photos, and ran them through Batch Purifier.

nitrozilla 02-12-2019 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MM78 (Post 978139)
Have you spoken to the seller of the account?

I sent an email and am waiting to see what the outcome is, if there is anything that can be done. Just wondering if this has happened with other folks here with that detailed of background info. I am wondering if it's because of the account limits but this is the first item I am listing. On my baby account with a ten item its rolling right along no problems. Very strange.

MM78 02-12-2019 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitrozilla (Post 978141)
I sent an email and am waiting to see what the outcome is, if there is anything that can be done. Just wondering if this has happened with other folks here with that detailed of background info. I am wondering if it's because of the account limits but this is the first item I am listing. On my baby account with a ten item its rolling right along no problems. Very strange.

Did you list a higher priced item on this account than your low limit account?

nitrozilla 02-12-2019 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MM78 (Post 978142)
Did you list a higher priced item on this account than your low limit account?

No, it was some coffee mugs for $10. On the other account I have higher end makeup items.

MM78 02-12-2019 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitrozilla (Post 978144)
No, it was some coffee mugs for $10. On the other account I have higher end makeup items.

Hmm ok....well hopefully the seller can help you fix the situation.

H4ck 02-12-2019 03:22 PM

maybe they raised the bar on tolerances for these 2019 ebay seller accounts........

security is amped up everywhere.......

nitrozilla 02-12-2019 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H4ck (Post 978147)
maybe they raised the bar on tolerances for these 2019 ebay seller accounts........

security is amped up everywhere.......

I am curious about that particularly with the smaller account not being held. Looks like it may be better to have multiple small accounts if that is the case. The great thing about stealth.

nitrozilla 02-12-2019 04:48 PM

Updated my post - issue resolved. Likely was a gender mismatch. Carrying on!

nitrozilla 02-12-2019 05:28 PM

Spoke too soon - upon the successful listing I got another message saying account is on hold pending verification. Time for phone call number 2 I guess.

byte 02-12-2019 06:03 PM

Interesting I'll keep my eye on this thread.

nitrozilla 02-12-2019 07:02 PM

Latest update added. Reinstated...again.

nickopedia 02-12-2019 07:50 PM

Are you trying to list a copyrighted item?

I have one account that has Disneyana glasses and coffee mugs and have never had any issue with those items, or the account. Weird.

rsot 02-12-2019 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitrozilla (Post 978203)
Latest update added. Reinstated...again.

Congrats though

nitrozilla 02-13-2019 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickopedia (Post 978211)
Are you trying to list a copyrighted item?

I have one account that has Disneyana glasses and coffee mugs and have never had any issue with those items, or the account. Weird.

Nope just the standard mugs - nothing special as its a brand new account and I don't want any flags. As of today I listed a few more items I had around and so far everything is going smooth.