eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   How can I safely give my overseas virtual assistants access to a stealth account? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/124067-how-can-i-safely-give-my-overseas-virtual-assistants-access-stealth-account.html)

Gooogle 02-16-2019 04:37 PM

How can I safely give my overseas virtual assistants access to a stealth account?

Is there anything short of uploading a copy of my 20gb virtual machine to them? I'm concerned that their machines might be too slow to run the virtual machine, even my 2017 Macbook Pro experiences quite a bit of slow down while running a single virtual machine and a couple lightweight macOS applications. I'm not concerned about the competency or trustworthiness of my assistants, I'm concerned about eBay banning me. What's the best way to do this? How do all these companies in California that import stuff from China and communicate in broken english manage to do that all that without getting banned? I guess I could consider buying them laptops, but anything else besides buying physical hardware just to list eBay items for me? I simply need them to list items based on the pictures my photographer sends them, I will handle shipping and customer support. Are there any safe external tools that can list items via an API or something?

I already have these folks working for me on non-eBay related tasks where there's a lot of dead time but I'm paying them hourly so I'm trying to fill in the time gaps.

Sunspot144 02-16-2019 06:01 PM

Re: How can I safely give my overseas virtual assistants access to a stealth account?

Set up some security measures should they decide to go rogue.

Last I knew 20 USD is some major cash for Filipinos, don't think they'd want to ruin that relationship.

Playing devil's advocate, any account that is logged in from multiple locations is a flag.

Gooogle 02-16-2019 10:05 PM

Re: How can I safely give my overseas virtual assistants access to a stealth account?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunspot144 (Post 979219)
Set up some security measures should they decide to go rogue.

Last I knew 20 USD is some major cash for Filipinos, don't think they'd want to ruin that relationship.

Playing devil's advocate, any account that is logged in from multiple locations is a flag.

Like I said, the concern here is NOT the virtual assistant. We know them via family, have worked with them for years and pay them well for non-eBay work. The concern is properly operating a stealth account in another country on another computer, something I haven't done before.

Sunspot144 02-16-2019 10:10 PM

Remote desktop

SquidsScissors 02-16-2019 10:21 PM

Can't use a listing tool like inkfrog? auctiva?

They would not have to access the ebay account?

Jennifer91 02-16-2019 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunspot144 (Post 979272)
Remote desktop

Not 100% sure on this one, but once you have remote access, you are accessing the PC (original IP) with a with 1 port open (your VA IP) to that device while trying to mask yourself while giving another IP address (the one you want them to see). I don't think this would work? I could be wrong but heard it wouldn't be. Playing with 3 different types? While one port is open, and trying to connect while showing another port?

Sunspot144 02-17-2019 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jennifer91 (Post 979277)
Not 100% sure on this one, but once you have remote access, you are accessing the PC (original IP) with a with 1 port open (your VA IP) to that device while trying to mask yourself while giving another IP address (the one you want them to see). I don't think this would work? I could be wrong but heard it wouldn't be. Playing with 3 different types? While one port is open, and trying to connect while showing another port?

Screen sharing?

Shouldn't change the client IP address.

Can transfer files with TeamViewer.