eBay restricted but moved into new apartment - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 03-19-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 29%
Default eBay restricted but moved into new apartment

Long story short: for some reason my eBay account was connected to my ex boyfriend’s brother’s account, so I cannot sell on it. Recently, I moved into an apartment, with a new IP address. My current boyfriend and I agreed to make a new eBay in his name, using his PayPal and bank information. Since I have logged into my restricted eBay on my phone at my old house, will it be linked if I sign into my new eBay in my apartment? Also, since I can buy stuff on my restricted account, I still receive messages on it so if I log onto my restricted eBay at a different location (restaurant, Starbucks, etc) will it be connected to my new eBay even if I make sure to log out and not go on it at my apartment. Sorry if any of this is confusing but I’m trying to find the best solution to using my new eBay in my new apartment without it being connected to my restricted eBay, even if I have to log into the restricted email to look at tracking for purchases I have made.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-19-2019

Longevity: 36%
Default Re: eBay restricted but moved into new apartment

I think it depends on how you used to log in with your old account. As long as there's no trace of 2 accounts being used on the same browser/app or however you do it to log in, you're fine. I believe that you can use 2 different browser for each account and that would be fine. That way, there's no linking of both account and you can start building history for each acc separately.

And watch out for IP, make sure its not the same as your old residential.
Old 03-19-2019

Thanked 1,104 Times in 1,040 Posts
Activity: 91%
Longevity: 33%

did your ex boyfriend use your device to log into his account and then go to his brother and use his device to log in his account?
or you and his brother both have been using his device to log in accounts?
or your ex boyfriend and you both use his brother device to log into each account?
if you log into your old Ebay account with your new boyfriend device,he could be suspended as well.
I suggest you totally forget your old Ebay account.
Old 03-19-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstermaash View Post
I think it depends on how you used to log in with your old account. As long as there's no trace of 2 accounts being used on the same browser/app or however you do it to log in, you're fine. I believe that you can use 2 different browser for each account and that would be fine. That way, there's no linking of both account and you can start building history for each acc separately.

And watch out for IP, make sure its not the same as your old residential.
I used to use the app but I’m only using the browser now to be extra safe. And I’m not really sure about the IP. We bought a new modem/router for our apartment so I’m guessing this comes with a new IP? I’m not very smart when it comes to WiFi/IP stuff
Old 03-19-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
did your ex boyfriend use your device to log into his account and then go to his brother and use his device to log in his account?
or you and his brother both have been using his device to log in accounts?
or your ex boyfriend and you both use his brother device to log into each account?
if you log into your old Ebay account with your new boyfriend device,he could be suspended as well.
I suggest you totally forget your old Ebay account.
I’m not really sure what happened with the connected ebays because my account was restricted months after we broke up so I don’t remember. Do you think it would be safe if I use MY phone to log into my old eBay to check my previous orders someplace other than my house and then clear my cache/cookies before going back into much apartment to log onto my new account?
Old 03-20-2019

dont know.
May be goto a library or coffee shop to log into your old ebay account.
they use more than IP to trace
Old 03-20-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by madalyndaoust1 View Post
I’m not really sure what happened with the connected ebays because my account was restricted months after we broke up so I don’t remember. Do you think it would be safe if I use MY phone to log into my old eBay to check my previous orders someplace other than my house and then clear my cache/cookies before going back into much apartment to log onto my new account?
I wouldnt say its 100% safe but there's a chance you might still be able to log in as you did before with your old account. Log back exactly the same way as before with the app, not the browser.

Or, correct me if im wrong here guys.. i think you can also open an incognito page on chrome since they dont save cookies or anything. Be sure to delete all cache/cookies before just in case.

Definitely dont log in from any familiar IP.

edited: "Chrome's incognito mode not only uses a fresh cache and cookie store, but also disposes it off when you close the incognito window."
Old 03-20-2019

Longevity: 68%

Nobody will know for sure. Sharing the same ip or device doesn't necessarily get your new account banned. You can only wait and see.
Old 03-20-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by meloncoly View Post
Nobody will know for sure. Sharing the same ip or device doesn't necessarily get your new account banned. You can only wait and see.
she wants to log into her old account to check her purchase history,why take the risk?
if it does not arrive,then go to her cc issuer to file a chargeback.
Old 03-20-2019

She can also use gmail app and login to see history if she wants. Just need to make sure not to allow images and all is good. Wont even have to log in ebay.
Old 03-20-2019

USPS has a feature you can sign up and it will email you when packages are arriving
Old 03-22-2019
Threadstarter  

I bought a lot of cheap products from China so 99.9% of the time they’ve don’t provide tracking because it costs more than the actual product so I need to log back into it to let them know if I didn’t receive the item to get a refund. I do have an extra phone, so maybe if I log onto my old eBay on that phone at a coffee shop or something and then just turn it off when I come back to my apartment and not turn it on unless I’m somewhere other than my apartment. Any thoughts? Something else I’d been thinking about is since I have logged into my restricted eBay on my current phone, even though I’m in my new apartment with a new IP address, if I log onto my new eBay on my phone, can it still link since there is history that I have logged onto my restricted eBay on it? Like link it with the SIM card or something
Old 03-22-2019

I need 2 aspirins
Old 03-22-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forum madalyndaoust1 - all the best as you master stealth

Space out your paragraphs - walls of text are not fun to read.
Old 03-23-2019

Longevity: 51%

Why risk over some China purchases? What's more important? Active account or $1 x ?
Old 03-23-2019

She has bought many many cheap Chinese products,to resell for profit,they are so cheap the sellers do not use tracking.
she needs to know when they are arriving or not arriving,
Old 03-23-2019

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Long story short: for some reason my eBay account was connected to my ex boyfriend’s brother’s account, so I cannot sell on it. Recently, I moved into an apartment, with a new IP address. My current boyfriend and I agreed to make a new eBay in his name, using his PayPal and bank information. Since I have logged into my restricted eBay on my phone at my old house, will it be linked if I sign into my new eBay in my apartment? Also, since I can buy stuff on my restricted account, I still receive messages on it so if I log onto my restricted eBay at a different location (restaurant, Starbucks, etc) will it be connected to my new eBay even if I make sure to log out and not go on it at my apartment. Sorry if any of this is confusing but I’m trying to find the best solution to using my new eBay in my new apartment without it being connected to my restricted eBay, even if I have to log into the restricted email to look at tracking for purchases I have made.
so have you really not tried calling ebay up and fixing the account? What was the reason for the connection? Can't just be IP. Are the names the same? Address? Selling the same things? Pictures?

More info is needed. And for that, you need to call them.

Also, they will connect you using your cookies and your computer user account. It's not just IP, which is super easy to change. Takes a minute just by changing the MAC address on the router.

Long story short, CALL EBAY and fix this. If you're telling us the truth, this should be an easy fix. If you're leaving something out, then maybe it won't.
Old 03-23-2019
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,548 Times in 2,201 Posts
Activity: 53%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
I like to do things the right way in the beginning.
So I encourage you to read the ebay stealth guide.

Don't do anything else before that, don't use eBay in any way, delete your app for now.

Once you understand the foundation then we can start.

Ask more specific questions in here and we'll help you
The Following User Says Thank You to SaiJin For This Useful Post:
james13v (03-24-2019)
Old 03-28-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
I need 2 aspirins
Sorry. Just trying to get some help. Don’t answer or reply if it’s too much to handle
Old 03-28-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by james13v View Post
so have you really not tried calling ebay up and fixing the account? What was the reason for the connection? Can't just be IP. Are the names the same? Address? Selling the same things? Pictures?

More info is needed. And for that, you need to call them.

Also, they will connect you using your cookies and your computer user account. It's not just IP, which is super easy to change. Takes a minute just by changing the MAC address on the router.

Long story short, CALL EBAY and fix this. If you're telling us the truth, this should be an easy fix. If you're leaving something out, then maybe it won't.
I promise to you I have called several times. Basically what they told me is my account was connected to another account (they provided the username when they emailed me initially about the restriction, turns out it’s my ex boyfriends brother’s eBay account). I told them I knew who’s eBay it was. eBay would not tell me why his account was suspended. They just told me to figure out who’s eBay it was to have them deal with their suspension. Nothing I can do but tell my ex boyfriends brother to fix whatever issue he has with his eBay.

I talked to him and he told me initially that he had some tracking verification issues with his account. NOW he’s telling me eBay is telling him that HIS account was connected to ANOTHER account in which they cannot provide the username... and no I do not believe his story. I believe the first story I was told that it’s HIS account that’s was suspended but he’s playing stupid so he doesn’t have to fix it.

Little side note, my ex and his brother are very sketchy when it comes to eBay. When one eBay gets suspended they use their friend’s information to make new ones. POSSIBLY he ended up using some of my information to make a new eBay and that’s how it got connected but I don’t know because eBay “can’t tell me”

I’m telling you the 20 times I have called eBay they all tell me the same thing. To tell the owner of the suspended eBay to resolve the account issues so I can get my eBay reinstated. That’s all they tell me.
Old 03-28-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runnynose View Post
Why risk over some China purchases? What's more important? Active account or $1 x ?
Okay let’s say I just forget about my old eBay. I don’t log onto it for anything. Can my new eBay be connected simply through just being on it on my phone? Since I have logged into my restricted eBay from it? Or should I simply reset my phone so there’s no information on it?
Old 03-28-2019

Quote:
Okay let’s say I just forget about my old eBay. I don’t log onto it for anything. Can my new eBay be connected simply through just being on it on my phone? Since I have logged into my restricted eBay from it? Or should I simply reset my phone so there’s no information on it?
try using a laptop or PC