How interested or nosy are people in what you do? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 04-13-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 46%
Default How interested or nosy are people in what you do?

So i'm guessing a good majority of the people on this forum are doing well money wise. Working for themselves, working from home, etc. Not saying millionaires but doing better than the average rat race 9 to 5 crowd. So my question is how many of you get constant questions from friends, family and outright strangers about what you do and how you do it? Any stories.

My most outrageous story: Almost 2 years ago I went to buy a car. A lower end exotic car, nothing crazy. So I picked it out with the car salesman while having the usual chit chat, what do you do for a living, do you have a trade in, how's your credit, blah blah, blah. And so we went over to the finance department. My credit is awful and I didn't have a trade-in so quickly the guy was pushing me out the door basically convinced I couldn't afford the car. He told me the down payment "which was substantial" hoping I wouldn't continue wasting his and the sellers time and I told him fine, find me a bank. I provided him my bank statements and I proceeded to wait in the lobby for about an hour. And in that time I was approached by the manager of the sales department. This is a large multi-million dollar dealership that sells new and used cars so this guy isn't exactly broke. So he started asking me questions about Amazon mostly and how he used to dropship and how he got suspended and all that. Asking me what I sell and my suppliers. I told him I couldn't give him that info and I gave him the info of this site and to buy Amazon Ghost and that for less than $100 he can be selling again. So he thanked me and left. On my way out the door with the car several hours later he approached me again and said, hey I really need that info. Me and 2 other partners really want to get into ebay and Amazon again. We are prepared to give you $15k cash for the info. I told him again to go to aspkin forum and he just looked at me in disbelief. Till this day the only people that believe me are my parents, maybe. HAHAHAHA
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Robin Hood of Amazon For This Useful Post:
Lucynda (04-17-2019), revenge (04-24-2019)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-13-2019

Longevity: 33%
Default Re: How interested or nosy are people in what you do?

$15K you should have taken...
Old 04-13-2019

Thanked 1,109 Times in 1,045 Posts
Activity: 91%

and you can use it to buy a piece of swamp land in FLorida
Old 04-13-2019

Longevity: 35%

Why would you not take 15k. Be real, how much do you make every month?
Old 04-13-2019

what makes you think this is not a hoax?
Old 04-13-2019

Longevity: 38%

The story sounds legit, and people tend to judge you immediately especially as a Business Owner or someone who has a lot of cash....(curiosity, what do you do? questions)

The problem is that people get so caught up on what business you are in and forget that they can be just as successful if they focus on improving themselves within their own industry (promotions, raises, keep raising the bar).

You can do well in any industry as long as you never settle and stay consistent.

I don't really tell family or friends too much, because they are stuck in the :9-5 till you retire mindset:
I only reveal what I do to those that are business owners and other entrepreneurs, as they are the only ones that understand.

Sounds like you are doing- keep up the good work!
Old 04-13-2019
Threadstarter  

[QUOTE=Leader2dark;994212]Why would you not take 15k. Be real, how much do you make every month?[/QUOTE

When that happened I was selling 30k a month. Now I do double that. But the guy wanted my whole operation, my contacts, what exactly i sell, how much I buy it for, everything. I worked hard for that info. For 15k I would have gotten ANOTHER competitor. In the short term it seems fine but in the long term definitely not worth. Some products that I sell no one else sells. Well at least no one else sells fofo of that item.

I just wanted to know if anyone else gets crazy nosy people wanting to know what they do for a living and how they can get into it. Not here to show off. I'm sure there are people here that do 60k in a week.
Old 04-13-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leader2dark View Post
No offense buddy but 15k is not much at all....

There are people clearing million or more on this forum..
The Following User Says Thank You to TheRealist For This Useful Post:
Robin Hood of Amazon (04-13-2019)
Old 04-13-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealist View Post
The story sounds legit, and people tend to judge you immediately especially as a Business Owner or someone who has a lot of cash....(curiosity, what do you do? questions)

The problem is that people get so caught up on what business you are in and forget that they can be just as successful if they focus on improving themselves within their own industry (promotions, raises, keep raising the bar).

You can do well in any industry as long as you never settle and stay consistent.

I don't really tell family or friends too much, because they are stuck in the :9-5 till you retire mindset:
I only reveal what I do to those that are business owners and other entrepreneurs, as they are the only ones that understand.

Sounds like you are doing- keep up the good work!
Thank you, I could be doing better but ebay keeps closing my stores. Not sure why. HAHAHA My friends and family know I sell online but that's as far as it goes. My mom and dad know the whole thing cause well I had my dad retire early to help me out with shipping and receiving. So he wants to know how I pay him in cash every month. But no one else gets my info. Well if they offer me 50k I might think about it twice. lol
Old 04-13-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
No offense buddy but 15k is not much at all....

There are people clearing million or more on this forum..
I'm sure there are. I did 500k last year and thats only ebay. Amazon shut down all of my stores early in the year and I have been sticking to ebay. But I have no doubt that people that are better than me at this have large Amazon and ebay stores and sell 1 million EASY. I'm very much a newbie getting my ass kicked but I put in a lot of hours.
Old 04-13-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Hood of Amazon View Post
Thank you, I could be doing better but ebay keeps closing my stores. Not sure why. HAHAHA My friends and family know I sell online but that's as far as it goes. My mom and dad know the whole thing cause well I had my dad retire early to help me out with shipping and receiving. So he wants to know how I pay him in cash every month. But no one else gets my info. Well if they offer me 50k I might think about it twice. lol
An exotic car is cool, but helping your dad retire early, is even cooler- thats priceless.

You should write a book- it can open another avenue of income.
The Following User Says Thank You to TheRealist For This Useful Post:
Robin Hood of Amazon (04-13-2019)
Old 04-13-2019

DO CAR DEAlers still have to report to Uncle any sale of luxury car when the buyer pays cash?
Old 04-13-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leader2dark View Post
how much do you make every month?
Old 04-13-2019
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 43%

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
DO CAR DEAlers still have to report to Uncle any sale of luxury car when the buyer pays cash?
Yes, the car dealer would need to file a Form 8300 with the IRS if the total amount of the cash deal is $10k or more.

In addition to this, the car dealers financial institution/bank would need to file a CTR (Currency Transaction Report) as required by the Treasury. These reports are routine, and doesn't mean there is any issue. It's just the law.
The Following User Says Thank You to nickopedia For This Useful Post:
agent006140 (04-14-2019)
Old 04-13-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanicon View Post
how much do you make every month?
Profit, ummm maybe 15 or 20k depending on the month. I don't see much of that though. I reinvest most of it. I have a lot of expenses as well. And well between paypal and Amazon suspensions that I haven't gotten my money that's another 40k lost. To be honest I kind of fly by the seat of my pants. I'm don't write much down. I need to improve on that. I started selling about 50 bucks a day and I thought I was rich. Now if I don't sell at least $1500 I feel like things are going really bad. But it all depends on what you sell and profit margin as well. You can sell a million dollars and your profit is 5% and your making 50k a year. Or you sell 100k a year and your profit is 50% and your making the same as the guy selling 1 million.

BTW this has devolded, no one has any stories huh?
Old 04-13-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
An exotic car is cool, but helping your dad retire early, is even cooler- thats priceless.

You should write a book- it can open another avenue of income.
Yeah I have nothing interesting or useful to write. I'll leave that to Aspkin.
Old 04-13-2019
Banned

Longevity: 40%

wow i think im the poorest here
The Following User Says Thank You to WEI For This Useful Post:
Yasav (04-13-2019)
Old 04-13-2019

Quote:
Profit, ummm maybe 15 or 20k depending on the month. I don't see much of that though. I reinvest most of it. I have a lot of expenses as well. And well between paypal and Amazon suspensions that I haven't gotten my money that's another 40k lost. To be honest I kind of fly by the seat of my pants. I'm don't write much down. I need to improve on that. I started selling about 50 bucks a day and I thought I was rich. Now if I don't sell at least $1500 I feel like things are going really bad. But it all depends on what you sell and profit margin as well. You can sell a million dollars and your profit is 5% and your making 50k a year. Or you sell 100k a year and your profit is 50% and your making the same as the guy selling 1 million.

BTW this has devolded, no one has any stories huh?
that was meant for Leader2Dark lol but thanks my friend
Old 04-14-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickopedia View Post
Yes, the car dealer would need to file a Form 8300 with the IRS if the total amount of the cash deal is $10k or more.

In addition to this, the car dealers financial institution/bank would need to file a CTR (Currency Transaction Report) as required by the Treasury. These reports are routine, and doesn't mean there is any issue. It's just the law.
same with US customs,if you bring in $10k or more cash,gold is considered cash
Old 04-17-2019

Longevity: 53%

My parents don't believe me. After 10 years my dad still tells me to get a real job. I have crap credit too. I've stopped trying to work on it. something always happens to screw things up. I did fully support a family of 5 after my husband became disabled and even homeschooled my stepson with a 147 IQ who now works at home with his own businesses.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lucynda For This Useful Post:
x2ruff4u (04-26-2019)
Old 04-17-2019

good for you,many work at home selling on internet.YOU ARE THE BOSS,there is no overtime pay or meal allowance.
Old 04-17-2019

Quote:

And in that time I was approached by the manager of the sales department. This is a large multi-million dollar dealership that sells new and used cars so this guy isn't exactly broke. So he started asking me questions about Amazon mostly and how he used to dropship and how he got suspended and all that. Asking me what I sell and my suppliers. I told him I couldn't give him that info and I gave him the info of this site and to buy Amazon Ghost and that for less than $100 he can be selling again. So he thanked me and left. On my way out the door with the car several hours later he approached me again and said, hey I really need that info. Me and 2 other partners really want to get into ebay and Amazon again. We are prepared to give you $15k cash for the info. I told him again to go to aspkin forum and he just looked at me in disbelief. Till this day the only people that believe me are my parents, maybe. HAHAHAHA
Jerry, is that you?!?! You should have taken our money.

Hope the car is holding up fine for you. She's a beaut!