New with some questions - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 04-18-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 29%
Smile New with some questions

Hello aspkin! Just received my eb+OP stealth accounts and I have some questions.

I was ready to purchase a 24vc or IPBurger VPN but found out they're expensive for me at the moment as my main account was tanked and currently in the process of reinstating. I'm very familiar with servers and networking. I was debating about setting up a vm on my cluster hosted at a friends place but if something happened to his account or mine, we'd tank each other. So I thought of getting a VPS in the same area as my account, 20 minute drive, and setting up a VPN; $18 a year Dedicated IP.

I also have a rooted android phone with a subscription to "multiple accounts" parallel app for unlimited clones of apps. But I feel the apps may cross with one another being the same user space. But the apps terminate when I end them from multitasking.

I read that tethering is an option but I don't have home internet currently so I rely on tethering, I feel this may tank me fast.

Do I need to use the same IP for the Google account? I'd like to add the email to my email app to keep up with account updates from eBay. Can I use the google voice app to receive text messages?

If there's ever a return dispute, can I change the return address to an address I have access to?

What starting items should I consider?

I may have more questions as I go but that is all for now.
Thanks!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-18-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz
Default Re: New with some questions

Quote:
I was ready to purchase a 24vc or
If you're tech savvy enough to do it, for sure go with the VPS route and setup your own VPN. The VPS/VPN IP does not need to be even remotely close to your account location - it just needs to be a USA IP address for a USA account.

Quote:
But the apps terminate when I end them from multitasking.
I wouldn't take that risk. You need to build up user profiles for each account, not have everything erase every time you log off.

Quote:
I read that tethering is an option but I don't have home internet currently so I rely on tethering, I feel this may tank me fast.
I don't see why it would tank you. It should be easy for you to get a new IP on the tethered mobile connection, right? If your tether IP's have been rotating the whole time you ran your old account (I assume you've had an account before that got into trouble), you don't have anything to worry about. The rotating IP's aren't going to link you back to your old account because you could legitimately be another eBay seller on the same cell network.

Quote:
Do I need to use the same IP for the Google account?
No, not really. All Gmail messages are routed through Google servers before delivery so you wouldn't be exposing your real IP to eB/PP by going through your email with your real IP.

However, it's good practice to run all aspects of a stealth account on the same IP. Just to build the habit.

Quote:
I'd like to add the email to my email app to keep up with account updates from eBay.
That would be fine, due to the reason listed above.

Quote:
Can I use the google voice app to receive text messages?
Yes. Be sure to receive them regularly so GV doesn't deactivate your number.

Quote:
If there's ever a return dispute, can I change the return address to an address I have access to?
Yes, definitely. You can actually add your real address as a return address without any issues at all.

Quote:
What starting items should I consider?
Can't really help you there. I used to flip dollar store stuff to build up new accounts.
Old 04-18-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
If you're tech savvy enough to do it, for sure go with the VPS route and setup your own VPN. The VPS/VPN IP does not need to be even remotely close to your account location - it just needs to be a USA IP address for a USA account.
Oh really? I thought the IP needed to be relatively close to reduce risk. I bought a 6 month VPS that was on sale but it's not worth renewing it afterwards for the full price. Would it be safe for an IP change roughly 6 months from now?

Quote:
I wouldn't take that risk. You need to build up user profiles for each account, not have everything erase every time you log off.
I mispoke here, by terminate I meant the apps process is killed; doesn't erase. I'm not sure if the "multiple accounts" app injects or redirects app data to the proper data when launching. I have multiple Starbucks apps installed with their own accounts logged in.

Quote:
I don't see why it would tank you.
I thought the tethering may tank me because my real account would be running in the background on the same IP with the eBay app then the stealth on my laptop via tether. Unless I signout of my real account in the app and restart the modem for a new IP, right?

My real account got suspended due to open cases, buyers didn't read the descriptions... eb is working on my side but taking a lot of time that I don't have.
Old 04-18-2019
Threadstarter  

I've been reading around the forums and stumbled across a couple things.

* Some people have noted that the same return address can cause a flag
* I read someone using multiple stealth accounts on one phone and tracking IPs. If I use the multiple accounts app I mentioned to clone chrome and only open it while VPN is active, should be fine? Multiple Apps account doesn't keep background activity once closed from multitasking