Proactively decieving eBay - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 08-10-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 91%
Default Proactively decieving eBay

I was thinking that while away on vacation I should log into my banned account on some shared computers at libraries in other cities, etc. That would confuse eBay and sort of "throw them off the trail." It would link other people's account to my banned one. What are your thoughts on this?

EDIT:
I have not done this and do not plan on doing it. From the discussion, I see how it has the potential to harm other users.

Last edited by MOONCRICKET; 08-10-2009 at 05:11 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-10-2009
Vicvelcro

Longevity: 0%

Why bother? Turn your back on that account. Show it your *ss and don't waste another synapse on it.

Why cause other anonymous people to be unknowingly linked to your abortion? Not nice. Careless.

The next person to use any of those locations COULD be a single mom with kids, sleeping in a car because her a-hole husband got drunk and scared them away. She may need a quick or short-term ebay fix. She may need to log in and handle some business until she gets established in a new location (home/apartment).

Your little 'ring the bell and run' trick would phuque up her game royally. I'm sure she'd be liking it and sending you a Christmas card. From a refrigerator box in Hoboken...

Hey, here's a fun idea. Let's all go drop cherry bombs down all the toilets at the old-folks-home! ZOMGZ - YAY!!!!11111

Last edited by Vicvelcro; 08-10-2009 at 06:29 PM.
Old 08-10-2009

Longevity: 85%

LOL vic, totally agree!
Old 08-10-2009
Vicvelcro

Yeah, well. That mom might be one of my little sisters. Or an ex-girlfriend who dumped me and married one of my best buddies but they make a great couple so I still like them. Could be YOUR little sister.

Why go through life making messes that don't need to be made. Me, I pick up candy wrappers and paper cups while out roaming around. I make the world a shinier prettier place. It makes me happy. It makes you happy and you don't even know it. I'm a total stranger looking out for everybody. I don't set your trash on fire while you're sleeping just because I can.

Nice is a good thing.

I could be a dick and tell everyone lies, just for fun. It would eliminate a lot of people squeezing my traffic on ebay. It might even be fun to watch, from an anti-social psycho point of view. But I don't. I give real answers. Because I'm cool.

Everybody can be cool like me. Leaving dumb pschit alone is easy. It's lazy. No effort involved. Dinking around playing pointless games is wasteful, inefficient, and often harms innocent strangers. For what?!?

Plus it pisses ebay off. Makes them crack the whip and tighten all the rules. It's inflicting a self-induced injury. It makes things harder next week and next month. For everyone, not just the perp who deserves the karma.

DUMB IDEA. Go have a beer and watch That 70's Show. Stay out of trouble and don't hash my e-groove.

Yeah, this is a rant.

Last edited by Vicvelcro; 08-10-2009 at 02:51 PM.
Old 08-10-2009

Longevity: 90%

vic...keeping it real...one post at a time
Old 08-10-2009
Threadstarter  

The idea behind it was to link it to so many accounts that they can't ban them all. Even ebay wouldn't be stupid enough to close several hundred accounts.

I can see why you might be saying it would be a bad idea, but I just don't think it will cause harm to anyone.
Old 08-10-2009
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 55%

You know, this is the kind of crap I hate from people. Your immaturity and actions could cause a lot of pain for other people who are innocent.

This is not the place to play games, we are here to sell and deliver people their goods. End of story.

If you play with fire, you may get burnt. So forget your old suspended account and move on. Put your time on something productive, positive and NICE.

It's not kind to get other people involved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOONCRICKET View Post
I was thinking that while away on vacation that I should log into my banned account on some shared computers at libraries in other cities, etc. That would sure confuse them and sort of "throw them off the trail." It would link other people's account to my banned one. What are your thoughts on this?
The Following User Says Thank You to SaiJin For This Useful Post:
Old 08-10-2009

Longevity: 89%

I personally do not agree this idea. Bring more happy to people. If you do that way, eBay does not always suspended them all together because of the same IP. eBay knows all public library's domains and IP ranges. They do some manual processing based on the situation.

Last edited by bluemoon999; 08-10-2009 at 03:53 PM.
Old 08-10-2009
Super Moderator

The point is... don't give them a chance no matter how small it is to do something.
And if you want to play with fire, don't involve other people, no matter how small the % are. Thaat's reckless and selfish
The Following User Says Thank You to SaiJin For This Useful Post:
Old 08-10-2009
Vicvelcro

Yes ebay does suspend linked accounts by the hundreds. No they do not know every IP of every public library and coffee shop.

There are a few members of this forum who ARE HERE because some thoughtless jerk wanted to cover their tracks by hiding in the crowd.

eBay is like the old gestapo. You hide in a crowd, they shoot everyone, just to be sure they got one offender.

Grow up. You make a mistake and screw your account up, you ditch it and forget it. Don't play games with it. Don't be petty. If you lack the brains to see the sense in what I say, then be off with you and take your business to ioffer.

Take this as a good tip on how not to act, and chalk it up as a learning experience. Or be a baby about it and keep trying to defend a stupid idea.

Be the best you can be. Not the worst.
Old 08-10-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
I was thinking that while away on vacation that I should log into my banned account on some shared computers at libraries in other cities, etc. That would sure confuse them and sort of "throw them off the trail." It would link other people's account to my banned one. What are your thoughts on this?
Probably one of, if not the one, dumb ass posts ever made here.
Burst (08-10-2009), moonchild (08-10-2009)
Old 08-10-2009

This reminds me of that thread months back , when a member said after purchases he was leaving everybody 1''s on the DSR'S to get Ebay back and everybody should join in ...2 wrongs usually dont make a right and Karma - well you know what i am saying.
The Following User Says Thank You to gibsonton For This Useful Post:
Old 08-10-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
Probably one of, if not the one, dumb ass posts ever made here.
I never claimed to be Einstein, but your post isn't perfect either.

Some of you are misinterpreting what I had in mind. My purpose of doing this would not be to 'get back at ebay' or hurt other users. It's just an idea to make it more difficult for ebay to track you. Isn't that what this forum is all about?
Old 08-10-2009

Just another thought, there are already many innocent people got banned because some people first got suspended and don't know they gonna hurt others if they got suspended or log in those account from public PCs. Then those innocent people hurt other innocent people. When these people go home, school, other place, log in their accts, it then linked their families, friends, classmates accts. and go on. Most of them did not do this on purpose. It's like a bad cycle or a terrible flu always running around. The root causes are some bad guys ruin the public IPs initially then PLUS the imperfect unfair eBay Paypal security system. My suggestion is to avoid using public computers for ebay & paypal especially if you want to be a seller.
Old 08-10-2009
Vicvelcro

[edit]
(bluemoon999 snuck one in while I was drafting my post, so this applies to #13)
[/edit]

You are misguided in your assessment.

First off, check the pedigree of any user you are trying to scold. GB is correct about yours possibly being the most dumb-ass idea ever brought before us. She is also purple and been here forever. You don't look very purple to me.

We aren't misinterpreting what you had in mind. YOU are misinterpreting facts you do not possess. You ain't getting back at ebay. BOTS chase that crap. Not people. There is no 'trail' to throw them off of until YOU make one with this stupid idea.

What we are all attempting to convey: You didn't think it through to the LOGICAL conclusion. We have.

While you may not mean to hurt others, that is ALL you will accomplish.

The forum is for communicating ideas. You communicated. We communicated back. The forum works.

Do your dumb thing and shut up. Or accept the general consensus and common sense - LEAVE IT ALONE.

My advice. Forget it and move forward. As stated the first time: Show it your ass and make a new account.

Ask yourself: Is your goal to make money? - OR - Is your goal to act like a 13 year old script kiddie up late in mom's basement pretending to be a UBER hacker?

What does the first line of my signature say?
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Last edited by Vicvelcro; 08-10-2009 at 05:29 PM.
Old 08-10-2009
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
I never claimed to be Einstein, but your post isn't perfect either.

Some of you are misinterpreting what I had in mind. My purpose of doing this would not be to 'get back at ebay' or hurt other users. It's just an idea to make it more difficult for ebay to track you. Isn't that what this forum is all about?
The forum was created to help people return to ebay after unfair treatment.
The forum is not and never has been intended to encourage the dumb-ass ideas that get proposed from time to time.

Your thread stayed open to allow others to help you understand that the thoughts you had/have will not work. Ergo you got what the forum is all about.
Old 08-10-2009
Super Moderator

Hey, you said it yourself... you want to hide AMONG other people. What makes you think that eBay won't take those people down together with you?

Here are the facts:

1. Your account is suspended
2. Your account is suspended.
3. """" """""

What else is there to do? I understand to a degree what you are saying and it'll be unintentional, however, we already told you, DO NOT do it. DO NOT involve innocent people! Your account is gone.... don't come back to it no matter what. It's useless.

SO here are the points again to make you understand a little bit:

1. Get rid of the account that's suspended
2. Read the Stealth Book SLOWLY
3. Make new account and behave on eBay.
4. Never ever bring other people's lifelyhood into your own mess.
Don't even think of chancing other people's lives for your own benefit.

5. If you aren't interested in doing eBay, then don't bother doing # 2 and #3 . But your actions simply is that of a 12 year old who doesn't
even know what he is doing. Remember when your dad spank you for something and you didn't understand why? Well, this is one of those moments.

I think we all agree that the majority of people here who are pissed at you is simply because you are selfish for even thinking of involving other innocent people even though
it's unintentional in a way on your end.

Last edited by SaiJin; 08-10-2009 at 05:58 PM.
Old 08-10-2009
Vicvelcro

In re: the edit you made to your original post --

Mission accomplished.
Old 08-10-2009
Executive [VIP]

Have to say that lots of us here think of retribution, ebay & paypal all in the one thought. As most things in life have consequences, we have to be careful with the thoughts.

Thanks for making an edit to your OP
Old 08-11-2009

Longevity: 90%

AMEN to that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicvelcro View Post
Why bother? Turn your back on that account. Show it your *ss and don't waste another synapse on it.

Why cause other anonymous people to be unknowingly linked to your abortion? Not nice. Careless.

The next person to use any of those locations COULD be a single mom with kids, sleeping in a car because her a-hole husband got drunk and scared them away. She may need a quick or short-term ebay fix. She may need to log in and handle some business until she gets established in a new location (home/apartment).

Your little 'ring the bell and run' trick would phuque up her game royally. I'm sure she'd be liking it and sending you a Christmas card. From a refrigerator box in Hoboken...

Hey, here's a fun idea. Let's all go drop cherry bombs down all the toilets at the old-folks-home! ZOMGZ - YAY!!!!11111
Old 08-13-2009

Longevity: 88%

What bothers me about this post is it could have been me. I had to stay in a hotel on Monday because my mom was having back surgery on Tuesday. I was kicked off ebay because of seller performance when I was a single mom raising 4 kids and not getting anything from the kids' fathers - one is deceased - the other was not working yet. Now, I am a married mom of 5 - one that is getting married next year. The only income I have is my ebay. My husband's income alone does support our family. My ebay pays for my mortgage, our propane, electric and phone, and my daughter's wedding.

If I would have gotten linked because I needed to sign in, I would have to start over again with another account. In the meantime, I could lose my home.

Don't try to get back at ebay. It won't work. They are too big and just don't care.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NotGoodEnuff For This Useful Post:
OfficialGenius (08-13-2009)