eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   eBay stealth account dangers ? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/128477-ebay-stealth-account-dangers.html)

Dedicated fruit 08-03-2019 02:19 AM

eBay stealth account dangers ?

Hello everyone, when someone is selling Digital goods which are basically copyright violation-software licensing, can it even go beyond closing/suspending your ebay account, can there be dangers from court or police even tho you are selling from stealth account only.

Please do not guess / speculate I need answers from people who actually know this from real life events.

james13v 08-03-2019 08:31 AM

Re: eBay stealth account dangers ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dedicated fruit (Post 1023624)
Hello everyone, when someone is selling Digital goods which are basically copyright violation-software licensing, can it even go beyond closing/suspending your ebay account, can there be dangers from court or police even tho you are selling from stealth account only.

Please do not guess / speculate I need answers from people who actually know this from real life events.

From real life events? It hasn't happened to me, or anyone on this forum. There, that's your answer from real life events lol. The only other real life events that could grant you an answer, is someone that's had legal issues from this, and I can guarantee you that if that happened, you'd find a thread on it. That's a money back guarantee

Dedicated fruit 08-03-2019 09:02 AM

#tinsoldier, sued is one thing, how can you be sued if using ebay stealth acc. ?

james_112233 08-03-2019 09:16 AM

If they really want too they can trace your bank account. At the end of the day that is the only thing that is identifying you if all your internet / browsing etc is clean.

You would have to be big fish though I would have thought.

All depends how hard the relevant parties want to pursue you.

As I said before selling pirated software simply isn't worth the risk. Plenty of money to be made buying and re-selling normal items. You need to actually do some WORK and find a product.

Leader2dark 08-03-2019 10:05 AM

Nothing is really stealth. How do you think they track down smart hackers? And you think an eBay stealth account is unbeatable?

Let me put it this way. How do you get your money? They can just follow the money trail very easily if they wanted to. What exactly are you doing that is so high risk?

Also if you messing with the big boys, that is a mistake. Sony, Microsoft, etc...FEDs have done busts for these big boys before.

hattmall 08-06-2019 03:36 AM

Yes, if you are doing a lot they can surely catch you, but if it's small one account and it's close not likely they will take it further.

Pluszero 08-06-2019 04:26 AM

I would no suggest anyone to build a business based on violating anything by anyway. Try your best to keep it fair for both parties or you might get caught at some point.

james13v 08-06-2019 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pluszero (Post 1024380)
I would no suggest anyone to build a business based on violating anything by anyway. Try your best to keep it fair for both parties or you might get caught at some point.

LOL :pound: keep it fair. For ebay and big tech. I'm sure ebay and big tech is all about keeping it fair for both parties too.

Lucynda 08-08-2019 11:50 PM

it would cost them more money to take you to court and have you prosecuted than they are losing or could possibly hope to recover from you. The worse that happens is you get a cease and desist letter and your account closed

rsot 08-09-2019 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucynda (Post 1025123)
it would cost them more money to take you to court and have you prosecuted than they are losing or could possibly hope to recover from you. The worse that happens is you get a cease and desist letter and your account closed

True but there is potentially a cracking point where the main company could decide it's time to go after a person very hard...