eBay is removing prohibited items much more quickly now. - Page 3 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 08-14-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 38%
Default Re: eBay is removing prohibited items much more quickly now.

The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-14-2019
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 35%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mediainspiron View Post
Leader2dark is arrogant because he makes a lot of money selling high end electronics. I would ignore him because he thinks he is too cool for everyone else. he probably is a fat bald loser in real life...
LOL. You are out of control. Arrogant? How so? You seem butt hurt over me doing nothing arrogant.

I don't know anything about watches but find it very hard to believe someone is selling ⊗⊗⊗⊗ without any bad feedback.

If his ⊗⊗⊗⊗ ARE that good, so be it, who needs the dumbass original. lol

Nobody would last long trying to sell ⊗⊗⊗⊗ electronics, I can tell you that much.

Last edited by Leader2dark; 08-14-2019 at 06:04 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Leader2dark For This Useful Post:
phaz0rz (08-30-2019)
Old 08-14-2019

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leader2dark View Post
LOL. You are out of control. Arrogant? How so? You seem butt hurt over me doing nothing arrogant.

I don't know anything about watches but find it very hard to believe someone is selling ⊗⊗⊗⊗ without any bad feedback.

If his ⊗⊗⊗⊗ ARE that good, so be it, who needs the dumbass original. lol

Nobody would last long trying to sell ⊗⊗⊗⊗ electronics, I can tell you that much.
Want to know how they are selling ⊗⊗⊗⊗ without bad feedback? FREE RETURNS. Which means their negative feedback is ERASED. Just figured that out a few hours ago, because I was also scratching my head about just as you had. And because they are good enough to pass for a couple months at least, which will be out of feedback leaving time. They are used, but new battery is put in. No reason for people to even think it's ⊗⊗⊗⊗, especially with the good feedback, so no reason to get it tested.

His ⊗⊗⊗⊗ are pretty good. Yes. But they have a lot of hidden issues. I kinda want to collect these watches now lol have all the colors. Buy, send to Tag Heuer, open a return once confirmed ⊗⊗⊗⊗, get to keep the watch.

Last edited by james13v; 08-14-2019 at 06:21 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to james13v For This Useful Post:
nickopedia (08-14-2019)
Old 08-14-2019
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 43%

Quote:
Originally Posted by james13v View Post
Want to know how they are selling ⊗⊗⊗⊗ without bad feedback? FREE RETURNS. Which means their negative feedback is ERASED. Just figured that out a few hours ago, because I was also scratching my head about just as you had.

His ⊗⊗⊗⊗ are pretty good. Yes. But they have a lot of hidden issues. I kinda want to collect these watches now lol have all the colors. Buy, send to Tag Heuer, open a return once confirmed ⊗⊗⊗⊗, get to keep the watch.
The eBay Policy update as of June 1, 2018:

A buyer uses or damages an item and returns it. Starting June 1, 2018, if you offered free returns and an item is returned damaged or missing parts, you can issue a partial refund and we will protect you from any buyer claims and remove any negative or neutral feedback.

Not sure that it would apply if the REASON for the return was "counterfeit or ⊗⊗⊗⊗" or "doesn't match the listing". ?
Old 08-15-2019
Threadstarter  

I think one or two buyers calling in about a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ would shut any seller down. Maybe I'm wrong though.

I mean, after a number of returns for being ⊗⊗⊗⊗, they should investigate. Especially when you are talking about $10k-100k or more.
Old 08-15-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickopedia View Post
The eBay Policy update as of June 1, 2018:

A buyer uses or damages an item and returns it. Starting June 1, 2018, if you offered free returns and an item is returned damaged or missing parts, you can issue a partial refund and we will protect you from any buyer claims and remove any negative or neutral feedback.

Not sure that it would apply if the REASON for the return was "counterfeit or ⊗⊗⊗⊗" or "doesn't match the listing". ?
yeah that's not what i"m talking about. That's a different policy. I'm referring to free returns policy protection. And yes, it would apply for SNAD cases as well, as I've done it myself.
Old 08-15-2019

Quote:
I think one or two buyers calling in about a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ would shut any seller down. Maybe I'm wrong though.

I mean, after a number of returns for being ⊗⊗⊗⊗, they should investigate. Especially when you are talking about $10k-100k or more.
I've had more than 1 or 2 buyers open up a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ return. Despite my stuff being real, but they are morons. Not even a tiny little blip on my account so far.
Old 08-15-2019

So he already got the negative feedback I left, taken off. Within hours of me leaving it, even before the case was opened, even tho when I spoke to ebay, they were on my side. And you guys wonder why their feedback ratings are so great? THAT is why.
dpestish (08-19-2019)
Old 08-15-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
So he already got the negative feedback I left, taken off. Within hours of me leaving it, even before the case was opened, even tho when I spoke to ebay, they were on my side. And you guys wonder why their feedback ratings are so great? THAT is why.
These guys are operating at a different level than me, that is for sure.

I don't even bother trying to remove negative feedback, granted they are very rare for me.
Old 08-15-2019

Quote:
These guys are operating at a different level than me, that is for sure.

I don't even bother trying to remove negative feedback, granted they are very rare for me.
I've done it before. But for legitimate reasons. This? I have no idea how he did this. This is beyond me.
Old 08-16-2019
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

What policy says free returns = no negative feedback? That's news to me. Never heard of it. I agree with what someone else said, i don't even worry about negatives anymore, goodluck finding a sellers feedback on the mobile app where many purchases are made these days. Nobody cares., I have an account with 80% feedback who sold 21 items yesterday. He has a negative from an idiot who i didn't respond to their message immediately. Was within 24 hours, but still they left me a negative saying unresponsive, before the item had even shipped! The account has been fine. Still #1 best match
The Following User Says Thank You to HurricaneHuntr For This Useful Post:
dealagreeproceed (08-29-2019)
Old 08-16-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moscutter View Post
What policy says free returns = no negative feedback? That's news to me. Never heard of it. I agree with what someone else said, i don't even worry about negatives anymore, goodluck finding a sellers feedback on the mobile app where many purchases are made these days. Nobody cares., I have an account with 80% feedback who sold 21 items yesterday. He has a negative from an idiot who i didn't respond to their message immediately. Was within 24 hours, but still they left me a negative saying unresponsive, before the item had even shipped! The account has been fine. Still #1 best match
It's not even remotely new... It's part of the seller protection offered, by doing free returns.

Quote:
Starting June 1, 2018, when you offer free returns, you'll have greater control to manage your business, and you can decide to issue partial refunds to buyers. For example, if a buyer uses or damages an item and returns it, you can decide to issue a partial refund and we'll take it from there. If a buyer escalates a case, we'll take care of it for you so you can focus on your business. Plus, we'll protect your reputation from any negative feedback.
I'm sure your next response will be " they only mean for damaged or used items". but you would be wrong. If you have free returns, and ANY case is opened, negative feedback will automatically be removed, within a week, or you can call in and get it removed. I've used this feature on multiple occasions.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to james13v For This Useful Post:
dealagreeproceed (08-29-2019), nickopedia (08-16-2019)
Old 08-16-2019
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
It's not even remotely new... It's part of the seller protection offered, by doing free returns.

I'm sure your next response will be " they only mean for damaged or used items". but you would be wrong. If you have free returns, and ANY case is opened, negative feedback will automatically be removed, within a week, or you can call in and get it removed. I've used this feature on multiple occasions.
If this is policy, i'd like to know. I offer free returns for everything i sell. I'd like to take advantage of this. What do you say when you call in ?

And by case, do you mean the one's you escalate and say the item is not in the same condition?
Old 08-16-2019

Quote:
If this is policy, i'd like to know. I offer free returns for everything i sell. I'd like to take advantage of this. What do you say when you call in ?

And by case, do you mean the one's you escalate and say the item is not in the same condition?
By case, I mean, something open on ebay. Return. INAD, INR. Escalated. I can't think of any other examples, but I'm sure there are.

"hey there. I have free returns. Can you please erase this negative feedback for me. Thank you". Literally as easy as that. The ONE good thing ebay does for sellers... lol try not to abuse it tho. I want it to keep going. Kinda crazy that ebay even does this. Even legitimate cases and feedbacks get removed.

Then again, that one seller I mentioned selling ⊗⊗⊗⊗, is able to remove his without any of that... so hey.

Last edited by james13v; 08-16-2019 at 05:19 PM.
dealagreeproceed (08-29-2019)
Old 08-16-2019
Executive [VIP]

I too was unaware that if you offered free returns eBay would remove negative feedback for INAD, INR, etc.

Good information to know.
Old 08-16-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickopedia View Post
I too was unaware that if you offered free returns eBay would remove negative feedback for INAD, INR, etc.

Good information to know.
I fought tooth and nail to not do free returns. Then my stubborn brain finally realized two things. Protection from feedback AND being able to charge 50% fees. NOW? " Free returns for everyone!!" Except international. Since I did no returns on that, returns have become rare.

Last edited by james13v; 08-16-2019 at 05:30 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to james13v For This Useful Post:
dealagreeproceed (08-29-2019), nickopedia (08-16-2019)
Old 08-16-2019
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
I fought tooth and nail to not do free returns. Then my stubborn brain finally realized two things. Protection from feedback AND being able to charge 50% fees. NOW? " Free returns for everyone!!" Except international. Since I did no returns on that, returns have become rare.
What do you mean by 50% fees?

Quote:
If a buyer escalates a case, we'll take care of it for you so you can focus on your business. Plus, we'll protect your reputation from any negative feedback.
I think you're talking to dumb reps. they should not be removing negative feedbacks. I bet this is just because they are stupid.

Last edited by HurricaneHuntr; 08-16-2019 at 06:49 PM.
Old 08-16-2019

Quote:
What do you mean by 50% fees?
restocking fee. Or whatever ebay wants to call it. Partial refund.
Old 08-16-2019
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
restocking fee. Or whatever ebay wants to call it. Partial refund.
Ok... i am editing my posts. I think i understand. You need to escalate the case to get the feedback removed. Or i assume you give a 50% refund buyer is pissed and escalates it.. And then they take care of it ? You just can't get it removed unless a case was opened and unless you escalate it . That's risky business when 2 cases can make you go below standard. And with ebay reps... i've seen them decide in buyers favor when clear evidence was layed out, had to have twitter cs fix it.

Last edited by HurricaneHuntr; 08-16-2019 at 06:54 PM.
Old 08-16-2019

Quote:
i Hear you, i just don't see them removing the feedback without you escalating the case. Seems like reps are making an error. Now if you escalate the case, i can understand... but everytime i escalate a case, they end up giving the buyer a refund and giving me a strike.
You're escalating cases for the wrong reasons then. And while you might not see them doing so, they do in fact do so. On a regular basis. This is not an error. This is a set in stone policy. Period.
Old 08-16-2019
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
You're escalating cases for the wrong reasons then. And while you might not see them doing so, they do in fact do so. On a regular basis. This is not an error. This is a set in stone policy. Period.
If i i escalate a case, it's because the item arrived back in a different condition. Would that be a way you do it? I sell new items. people use **** and then return it all the time. i just eat it :(
Old 08-16-2019
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
i Hear you, i just don't see them removing the feedback without you escalating the case. Seems like reps are making an error. Now if you escalate the case, i can understand... but everytime i escalate a case, they end up giving the buyer a refund and giving me a strike.
What works for me is to pull up the relevant part of the UA or policy and refer to it when calling. When I do that, I rarely lose and get things like this sorted quickly.

We were originally discussing how "prohibited" items are being removed for "no reason". There is always a "reason" and it can usually be found in policy somewhere... This is how some people manage to get things removed, even if they are NOT the rights holder or even an eBay member/user at all. Think about that last part carefully. This applies to any marketplace, not just eBay.