Just got this email.... Ebay Managed payments - Page 3 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 08-17-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz
Default Re: Just got this email.... Ebay Managed payments

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebayStlealth300 View Post
Don't worry guys, stealth will never die. I have 25 accounts now. When they force it, I will be forced to think of way to make it work. And help you guys also make stealth managed payments accounts.
Our savior!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
nickopedia (08-17-2019), yankee (08-17-2019)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-17-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 35%

To me the guys saying it for sure will be OK, are just as bad as the guys who are saying stealth will for sure will be dead.

Nobody can say for sure at this point without the final system being released. However, it could certainly go either way and to be honest, does not look good at all for stealth currently based on what we know...
Old 08-17-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moscutter View Post
You insinuated that by your post, i took it that way too. But, if it's not what you meant.Then it's all good. Most people aren't dropping out of stealth. They are being forced to either do things illegally or forced to create a LLC for every one of their ebay accounts, and file paperwork for all of them. Sure, only the big time sellers may do this.

If "stealth" means making a LLC and hiding behind it..Then that's news to me. It's no longer stealth. Thus is..

Stealth is dead.
I guess..... I mean, if you dont file an EIN....then really, are you even selling enough to be in business?

If you cant afford the paper work(exceedingly minimal and saves you tax $$$$) then are you really in business?

MOST stealthers are hacks. Many stealthers are selling garbage items. Most stealthers are evading taxes. MANY stealthers are ripping people off. All of these types of stealthers make realy businesses have a much harder time. That was my point. I hope they all go wayside.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yankee For This Useful Post:
mediainspiron (08-17-2019), phaz0rz (08-17-2019)
Old 08-17-2019

Longevity: 35%

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
I guess..... I mean, if you dont file an EIN....then really, are you even selling enough to be in business?

If you cant afford the paper work(exceedingly minimal and saves you tax $$$$) then are you really in business?

MOST stealthers are hacks. Many stealthers are selling garbage items. Most stealthers are evading taxes. MANY stealthers are ripping people off. All of these types of stealthers make realy businesses have a much harder time. That was my point. I hope they all go wayside.
Running under a legit EIN is not really stealth as far as I am concerned.

I would say most stealth currently do avoid tax obviously by the nature of the accounts.

The other stuff about scams and garbage items is just BS though. You can't even rip people off on ebay. Buyers have all the power in the world to get a full refund.
Old 08-17-2019

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leader2dark View Post

I would say most stealth currently do avoid tax obviously by the nature of the accounts.

The other stuff about scams and garbage items is just BS though. You can't even rip people off on ebay. Buyers have all the power in the world to get a full refund.
Stealth isn't about avoiding taxes. It's about being suspended. It's about preventing future accounts from going down, and taking you down completely. SO unless ebay knows who you are, personally, then yes, it is STILL really stealth. Hiding behind a corporation, is still.

And you CAN rip people off on ebay. ⊗⊗⊗⊗, for example, that last long enough for cases to time out. Look at the examples I've brought up. These people are making $100,000's ripping people off. Even if they get found out one day, they will get to keep their money. I promise you that.

And even if the case is open eventually, you are then ripping off ebay, if you get your money and run.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to james13v For This Useful Post:
mediainspiron (08-17-2019), yankee (08-18-2019)
Old 08-17-2019

Quote:

Umm, yes you can run enough to be a business without filing an EIN. Some people on here have dozens of accounts. You can easily get away with not having an EIN for ANY of your accounts, and still make quite a lot of money.

Are you legally in business tho? No.
The Following User Says Thank You to james13v For This Useful Post:
slokor (08-17-2019)
Old 08-17-2019

Longevity: 31%

I believe this email is only going to the larger sellers. Received it on the big one. The little ones doing hundreds (under 1000) a month haven't received it.
Old 08-17-2019

Longevity: 38%

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
Our savior!
I thought you had quoted me, and I was like.... I don't remember saying that! Then I saw the misspelled name and knew it wasn't me lol
Old 08-17-2019

Longevity: 80%

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinsey View Post
I believe this email is only going to the larger sellers. Received it on the big one. The little ones doing hundreds (under 1000) a month haven't received it.
I make under $1000 and got it so...
Old 08-17-2019
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leader2dark View Post

This statement is BS OR you are naive.
MOST people here are ripping people off selling crap goods, knock offs, selling running up accounts, withdrawing funds and leaving ebay and paypal on the hook.
I would say it is the majority, not the minority of stealth users.

Last edited by yankee; 08-18-2019 at 07:31 AM.
Old 08-17-2019
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 81%

Quote:

I hear ya. I actually do it probably in a way nobody else does. It puts me at risk of audit etc... But, at least i know when i go to sleep at night, I paid my taxes, you know what i mean? $4500 comes out monthly and if i have a bad year, i get money back. Or if my accountant does wonders, i still get some back. Being head of household is nice with a dependent as well!

I just combine them all and report it like that. I could very well just not report anything, and take the chance. But, why risk that when you have a family. You know what i mean? It's all goo bro.

As for why have an EIN if you don't sell enough ,that's the point. There really isn't a reason , except you are required to have one now. I have many accounts who do not sell 20k a year. I have several who do 30-40k , i of course rotate paypal accounts, which i admit is annoying, i had 3 randomly AUP limited yesterday. Perhaps they got linked, don't know. I can replace them though. So again all good.

If you're a millionaire or making 200k a year or more, more power to those guys creating 30 ein's. It's worth it, you can afford to hire the bookeeper and the accountant to handle it all. I guess the point is, with all that headache, why not just sell on one account? Stealth has allowed a lot of us to sell items we can't normally sell. I have accounts who sell the exact same items with nearly similar feedback. Certain accounts always sell better than others, and a lot of time it's just by sheer luck. Once you have lost your best match location, the account tanks unless you pay double fees.
Old 08-17-2019
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
MOST people here are ripping people off selling crap goods, knock offs, selling running up accounts, withdrawing funds and leaving ebay and paypal on the hook.
This forum is primarily people selling grey are or straight up ⊗⊗⊗⊗ items. Yes, that is ripping people off....
If that's the case, then honestly what do they care? They'll just go on to BH world and buy some numbers and be good to go. The point is, nobody wants to do that. We want to stay stealth. Will i create additional LLC's if i have to? I guess i will.

I do get it, it is stealth to a degree to hide behind the llc. I just don't know about this strategy of creating a multi member llc. That's the part that concerns me, when you create a multi-member llc it complicates things, someone else is involved. Now if you can create a multi-member llc with a fictitious person that would be nice.
Old 08-17-2019

Quote:
He's naive. And low volume
Old 08-17-2019
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

I was doing a bit of reading, since i am completely ignorant on multi-member llc's...It seems you can create one... And then have another business as a member of it... So let's say me... Jack Frost. Opens a multi member llc... I could theoretically. hold 100% economics ownership, and then put my other LLC as also apart of it, and just have them have 0% rights but say "voting rights" or something meaningless. That would/should reduce additional tax burden. But, if that's the case. You could theoretically create as many LLC's as you wanted with yourself and your other business.. and so on and so on. Still seems like a headache, but still a way to skirt the system of getting others involved in your business.

https://www.quora.com/Can-an-LLC-hav...and-no-control

You would need to have street addresses for all these EIN's you're creating... Or else that would link the ebay accounts, would it not ?
Old 08-18-2019
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by james13v View Post
Umm, yes you can run enough to be a business without filing an EIN. Some people on here have dozens of accounts. You can easily get away with not having an EIN for ANY of your accounts, and still make quite a lot of money.

Are you legally in business tho? No.
I have dozens of accounts.... But like you, when an account does well, you add an EIN. We both know 20k per account is max and in all reality, is a piss hole in the snow. someone who sells 10k on an account a year and sells across a dozen of them is barely in business IMO. They just made a little job for themselves if they dont have something to hide. It really is not hard to make a company and pay a little tax money if you have good products and service

Last edited by yankee; 08-18-2019 at 07:34 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yankee For This Useful Post:
ebaystealth1974 (08-18-2019), phaz0rz (08-18-2019)
Old 08-18-2019

Quote:
I would say it is the majority, not the minority of stealth users.
He might be naive, but I think you're a bit too jaded as well lol. As always, I think the truth lies somewhere in the middle of both of your opinions.
Old 08-18-2019

Quote:
I have dozens of accounts.... But like you, when an account does well, you add an EIN. We both know 20k per account is max and in all reality, is a piss hole in the snow. someone who sells 10k on an account a year and sells across a dozen of them is barely in business IMO. They just made a little job for themselves if they dont have something to hide. It really is not hard to make a company and pay a little tax money if you have good products and service
My sales are only about $120-140k per year total. I play in a different ball park than people like you. It might be a piss hole in the snow for you lol but a piss hole for me after getting blind drunk on beer and pissing like a race horse ;D, to stretch the analogy way way too far.
Old 08-18-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

@james - I'd only make 20k a year with annual sales in that range, and definitely wouldn't be able to do e-commerce full time. Do you have an insanely high profit margin? Or is this only a part time gig for you?

I'm just asking out of curiosity. I tend to assume all sellers have about the same profit margin as I do even though that can't logically be the case.
Old 08-18-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
@james - I'd only make 20k a year with annual sales in that range, and definitely wouldn't be able to do e-commerce full time. Do you have an insanely high profit margin? Or is this only a part time gig for you?

I'm just asking out of curiosity. I tend to assume all sellers have about the same profit margin as I do even though that can't logically be the case.
I don't like to sell anything, unless I can sell it for at least double what I bought it for, at minimum. Gross sales, of course. But very often, I am able to get crazy deals, but only because I'm an expert and can handle the products differently than a novice. If I were starting from a novice angle, I wouldn't make as much, so I'd have to be much bigger, like you. Keep in mind, it does require a lot of my physical time as well, so I require more profit to account for that. I sell roughly 100-150 items per month ranging from $40 to $300
The Following User Says Thank You to james13v For This Useful Post:
phaz0rz (08-19-2019)
Old 08-18-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by james13v View Post
It might be a piss hole in the snow for you lol but a piss hole for me after getting blind drunk on beer and pissing like a race horse ;D, to stretch the analogy way way too far.

Nice!
Old 08-18-2019
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 62%

Seems like a tough transition to make in the coming "months" since holiday shopping is only a few months away. I wouldn't read too much into the wording. The purpose of their message is to convince you to switch over to their new payment system, so it makes sense they are going to word it so as to make it seem like this is happening sooner rather than later. They aren't going to convince anyone by saying "In a couple of years everyone is going to be using this, so join now"

That being said, best to be prepared just in case.