eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Using a mobile data sim with a phone previously had the eBay app installed. (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/129427-using-mobile-data-sim-phone-previously-had-ebay-app-installed.html)

Fingersburnt 09-03-2019 12:29 PM

Using a mobile data sim with a phone previously had the eBay app installed.

Hi there,

Just beginning my stealth journey so want to be water tight - or as close to it - before jumping in at the deep end. I have a laptop with four separate user accounts and running the internet by USB tether. Going through the stealth book has raised a concern ref the eBay app. It previously had the app installed on the phone. The account I had suspended was linked to this so I removed the app and reset the phone to factory settings.

Would eBay be able to track anything via this phone if I'm using it as an internet connection?

Probably over thinking things, better to be safe than sorry. :uk:

nickopedia 09-03-2019 12:51 PM

Re: Using a mobile data sim with a phone previously had the eBay app installed.

Don't use the eBay app- it's not suitable for stealth, ever.

Accessing your eBay accounts from their app on the same mobile device will create a hard link, regardless of switching sims, etc. The device ID (IMEI/ESN) and many other attributes about the hardware are not usually something you have control over unless you use some kind of emulator.

slokor 09-03-2019 01:09 PM

Youre just using the phone for internet access - on a different device altogether - so you should be fine.
That being said don't take any chances. Delete the app before starting to use that as your hotspot and delete the history and cache for that app from the phone. Don't leave any trace of it on the phone.

Fingersburnt 09-03-2019 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slokor (Post 1031414)
Youre just using the phone for internet access - on a different device altogether - so you should be fine.
That being said don't take any chances. Delete the app before starting to use that as your hotspot and delete the history and cache for that app from the phone. Don't leave any trace of it on the phone.

That's correct. When I knew I'd be using it as a tether I deleted the app and factory reset the phone. Thanks, it's put my mind at ease. Don't want to take any chances.