eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Oct 11th Paypal is moving to keep fees even after refund / returns again. (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/129853-oct-11th-paypal-moving-keep-fees-even-after-refund-returns-again.html)

Leader2dark 09-18-2019 06:02 PM

Oct 11th Paypal is moving to keep fees even after refund / returns again.

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/major...y-sellers-etc/

Earlier this year, we notified you that we were updating our User Agreement to change our refund policy. We want to let you know that the policy change is going into effect beginning on October 11, 2019.

In line with industry practice and according to our updated policy, we will not charge a fee to process refunds, but the fees from the original transaction will not be returned. This policy will not apply to duplicate transactions, voids and most disputed transactions. You can review the PayPal User Agreement for more information on our return policies.

We only adjust our policies when we are confident the changes are fair and aligned with the value that our services provide to your business.

PayPal brings you more than just payment processing – your business has access to our platform’s full suite of tools, products and support built to scale with you, such as customized invoicing to help you get paid sooner, access to business loans, world class fraud monitoring, seller protection for eligible transactions, and business services designed to simplify your day-to-day operations.

PayPal invests in bringing you buyers – with over 268 million active account holders worldwide, PayPal works hard for your business to make sure we continue to bring your buyers the shopping experiences they have grown to associate with our brand. PayPal is the most-used digital wallet** and PayPal shoppers complete their checkout 88% of the time on average, helping you close more sales.+

If you have questions about any of these changes or your account, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us.

Thank you for being a PayPal customer. We appreciate your business and look forward to continuing to help you grow and succeed in the future.

The team at PayPal

H4ck 09-18-2019 06:06 PM

Re: Oct 11th Paypal is moving to keep fees even after refund / returns again.

highway robbery....

SaiJin 09-18-2019 06:09 PM

Agreed with the above. And there's nothing we can do except not use Paypal eventually

agent006140 09-18-2019 06:18 PM

will Ebay MP be the same?

slokor 09-18-2019 07:32 PM

I was just about to ask that myself.
I guess theyd have to be since paypal is one of the payment methods accepted through that platform - unless they get different terms from paypal than us normal folk.

agent006140 09-18-2019 10:11 PM

Paypal is much lenient and friendly in the early days,it will even give both the referrer and the new account each a $10 bonus,and it does not withhold fund when some one files a chargeback or dispute,but since more and more people join ebay and paypal,more squabbles and more refunds.
I think most of the squabbles originate from Ebay and so refunds follow,Paypal may be better off getting rid of Ebay

slokor 09-18-2019 10:14 PM

But theyre not getting rid of ebay. And ebay isn't getting rid of paypal.
As far as buyers are concerned nothing changes - they use paypal the exact same way they always did. For seller on the Managed Payments system things change since the paypal payment is accepted by that platform and then once its processed is placed into the seller's account and eventually forwarded to his bank account.
Paypal isn't losing anything out of this Adyen deal.

rsot 09-18-2019 10:59 PM

Paypal rarely loses - take every advantage point they can, sadly

Leader2dark 09-19-2019 07:57 AM

I just can't get over this. I know it won't break me, but it just seems so wrong. I have people pay and cancel all the time. The idea of losing money over this is enraging.

phaz0rz 09-19-2019 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leader2dark (Post 1034914)
I just can't get over this. I know it won't break me, but it just seems so wrong. I have people pay and cancel all the time. The idea of losing money over this is enraging.

Quote:

This policy will not apply to duplicate transactions, voids and most disputed transactions.
Hopefully the sentence above means this won't apply to orders that are cancelled shortly after being placed. They are technically "voided" transactions if they're cancelled the same business day because they wouldn't be settled with a financial institution until the end of that day.

They're doing this to be compatible with Managed Payments, so you guys can rest assured it's going to be the same in MP.

Paypal has a point about this being standard practice in the payment processing industry. When I was using Auth.net/TSYS I was never once refunded processing fees after refunding a customer.

MasStealth 09-19-2019 07:52 PM

PayPal never get enough

agent006140 09-19-2019 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slokor (Post 1034824)
But theyre not getting rid of ebay. And ebay isn't getting rid of paypal.
As far as buyers are concerned nothing changes - they use paypal the exact same way they always did. For seller on the Managed Payments system things change since the paypal payment is accepted by that platform and then once its processed is placed into the seller's account and eventually forwarded to his bank account.
Paypal isn't losing anything out of this Adyen deal.

Wrong,Paypal loses !
Not all MP payments will come from Paypal.
Say Ebay received 250,000 orders per day and Paypal wil be 25% of that volume,if it is lucky to get that much,eventually the % will be smaller.
Since Ebay buyers and also sellers,and sellers are not seeing their sales proceeds deposited in their paypal account,they dont see why they need to use Paypal much.
Some PAYPAL members use its debit card which draws on his PAYPAL FUND and get 1% cash rebate,would not bother to use that card.
Some transfers their paypal fund to their MC prepaid debit card manned by Bankcorp Bank would have nothing to transfer ,so why pay $4.95 a month to maintain that card?
Some folks said Ebay is just a small part of Paypal business,which I disagree,look at the transactions which change hands each day on Ebay worldwide.