eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   I'm really getting sick of this! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/1299-im-really-getting-sick.html)

JackNoMore 09-19-2007 08:14 PM

I'm really getting sick of this!

People who refuse to take payment any other way than through ebay suck. Stuff your invoice, take your money through paypal like the auction says and SHUT THE HELL UP!!

What difference does it make how money is received as long as it is?? Damn. :mad:

This should be an auction disclaimer. I didn't sign up to jump through a dozen different hoops, and if I'd known I would have to I would have just moved on! :mad:

This ****e just irks me.

tcho 09-19-2007 08:41 PM

What do you mean? Sellers refusing to accept money through paypal?

aspkin 09-19-2007 08:41 PM

Some businesses refuse because of security checks they have in place. Just right now, a customer wanted to go around the normal procedures to checkout and give me a direct payment instead of going through the sign up processes. Giving direct payments makes it where I can't verify an order effectively. That's just me though, it's not eBay.

Chris Hanson 09-19-2007 08:45 PM

TCHO, I have a customer right now that refuses to pay except through Paypal and my auction stated that I don't accept Paypal. Is their anything I can do?

And does Ebay still allows the seller to leave a negative and not get neg back if the buyer doesnt respond to an unpaid item dispute?

JackNoMore 09-19-2007 08:49 PM

I could possibly understand for a big expensive item. But this is just dumb stuff--under $50 most of the time, and some of it's even virtual! Yet it's still like pulling a damn tooth to get them to take the money! Which makes no sense as the Paypal protection isn't affected at all. It's all ebay brainwashing at work.

Aspkin, what can't you verify by going direct through Paypal?

JackNoMore 09-19-2007 08:50 PM

As of a month or two back they still did, Chris. Can't say about now.

Chris Hanson 09-19-2007 08:50 PM

Thanks Jizack

JackNoMore 09-19-2007 08:54 PM

No prob squirrel-san

tcho 09-19-2007 08:58 PM

Jack, if you mean going through a checkout system or such to pay for an item, that's a seller's choice to put through. I'm not positive if this is what you mean. But lots of powersellers have this sort of checkout system, and it's not ebay related anyways. It's usually because they receive so many payments that they can't keep track of it if they're paid through PayPal directly, so they setup a checkout system which I suppose automates most of it for them. If you're talking about something else I apologize.

Chris, yes about the neg thing w/ UPIs.

JackNoMore 09-19-2007 09:07 PM

I'm not sure I should be asking this knowing who you say you are and all, but I'm going to trust you on this to a degree...tcho, is there anything you can tell me about going through checkout vs paying directly through paypal? The word is that paying through checkout will link your account in some way and results in suspension. Is this at all true or not? If it's not ebay related, what then is it? I used to use the checkout almost exclusively and I never used a program--it was all through ebay. Thanks.

tcho 09-19-2007 09:15 PM

Well there are different types of checkout systems. eBay does provide a basic one which members can use, basically just gives an invoice with shipping charges and a Pay Now button, but lots of high volume sellers use outside checkout systems. Usually those are the ones which have a link which appears to go off the ebay site for you to input your information, and then leads you to paypal to pay. That's what I was thinking about earlier, so I apologize if I confused you (I confused myself!).

As for linking the account when you use the checkout system, I honestly don't know. That kind of information is usually kept away from us lowly CSRs :) I haven't heard or seen anything that would suggest that it does, but a lot happens behind the scenes so I can't give you a qualified "no". I'd say if you want to be completely safe don't use a checkout, at least the ebay checkout system, but that's just conjecture.

aspkin 09-19-2007 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack (Post 11233)
I could possibly understand for a big expensive item. But this is just dumb stuff--under $50 most of the time, and some of it's even virtual! Yet it's still like pulling a damn tooth to get them to take the money! Which makes no sense as the Paypal protection isn't affected at all. It's all ebay brainwashing at work.

Aspkin, what can't you verify by going direct through Paypal?

For me IP address. But that's something else.

JackNoMore 09-21-2007 05:17 PM

I can't believe this guy still hasn't figured out there's money in his account. :rolleyes: Dontcha' ever check your Paypal? Geez.