Suspended then unsuspended and now suppressed - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 10-17-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 36%
Default Suspended then unsuspended and now suppressed

EBay had randomly suspended my account for selling two products that are like VERO products, but aren't. When I called in, turns out their bot is what had suspended the account. They couldn't find a good reason as to why i was suspended and ended up un suspending me. After i was unsuspended, i noticed my listings aren't turning up in the search results like they used to pre-suspension.

I'd list a product under a good keyword and show up somewhere on the first page. Now, im on like the 4th page. I know the product is a good seller because i was killing it before this happened. I went from selling 20-30 units daily to 2 units daily (i had 3 products netting me about 40-50 units sold daily). I have another product in the same situation... It was 3rd place in sponsored ads on first page of a super hot keyword, now I'm mid second page with a 30% sponsored ad.

Does anyone know what is going on, and is there any way to fix this? If I'm being suppressed, does it fall off the account after a while?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-17-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz
Default Re: Suspended then unsuspended and now suppressed

Yes, it'll fall off. You'll have to struggle with the decreased visibility for a while until you can work off the damage that was done to your account by the auto-suspension.
The Following User Says Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
prodigyace (10-17-2019)
Old 10-17-2019

Longevity: 34%

eBay has moved to a new system starting this October. It was mentioned in the last eBay update info.
Old 10-17-2019

Thanked 1,108 Times in 1,044 Posts
Activity: 91%
Longevity: 33%

did you check competition?
may be they are now ahead of you for the same item you are selling?
there are always newcomers who will sell for 1 penny less
Old 10-17-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
Yes, it'll fall off. You'll have to struggle with the decreased visibility for a while until you can work off the damage that was done to your account by the auto-suspension.
When you say "work off", do you mean to fight for more sales to rebuild sales history?

Aso, any idea how long it takes (typically) for something like this to fall off?

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
did you check competition?
may be they are now ahead of you for the same item you are selling?
there are always newcomers who will sell for 1 penny less
I have been watching my listings like a hawk. I had to increase my ad spend to 40% now just to get back to where I was previously for one product. I'll give some of my products until next week before increasing ad spend to show up on first page again for stuff I ranked organically 😞

Last edited by prodigyace; 10-17-2019 at 09:11 AM.
Old 10-17-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinsoldier View Post
There's no 'keywords' as such on ebay, not in the true sense like Amazon, if you continue to use VERO words in your title, you'll get suspended again.
Thank you for the advice, can you share any advice on my original inquiry?
Old 10-17-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Quote:
Originally Posted by prodigyace View Post
When you say "work off", do you mean to fight for more sales to rebuild sales history?

Aso, any idea how long it takes (typically) for something like this to fall off?

I can't really give you a time frame.. it's just a matter of building back up a positive selling history. Your internal account metrics took a hit when you were suspended. It's not something we as sellers can see but I've seen it happen countless times. Accounts become tainted by (for lack of a better word) listing takedowns and/or a temporary suspension, then it takes a couple weeks/months for the account to regain credibility and start ranking decently again.

It's almost a catch 22 because to start ranking better your sales need to increase, but your sales won't increase as long as your listings are hidden deep in search results.
The Following User Says Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
prodigyace (10-17-2019)
Old 10-17-2019
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 57%

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinsoldier View Post
There's no 'keywords' as such on ebay, not in the true sense like Amazon, if you continue to use VERO words in your title, you'll get suspended again.
'Item specifics' The gate-way to spamming your way to page one.
Now they also let you know the number of times a keyword is searched so you can become a better spammer even if you have limited imagination.
Old 10-17-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
I can't really give you a time frame.. it's just a matter of building back up a positive selling history. Your internal account metrics took a hit when you were suspended. It's not something we as sellers can see but I've seen it happen countless times. Accounts become tainted by (for lack of a better word) listing takedowns and/or a temporary suspension, then it takes a couple weeks/months for the account to regain credibility and start ranking decently again.

It's almost a catch 22 because to start ranking better your sales need to increase, but your sales won't increase as long as your listings are hidden deep in search results.
I appreciate your input, guess me and sponsored ads will be getting more acquainted