eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   New eBay return scam. Modified shipping label. (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/130689-new-ebay-return-scam-modified-shipping-label.html)

Leader2dark 10-19-2019 10:38 AM

New eBay return scam. Modified shipping label.

I had a return from NY, that was almost delivered to my house in MI, and then went out to CA and got stuck. eBay forced me to refund the buyer as their system thought the package had been delivered even though it never had a delivery scan. It did have a couple of attempted delivery scans both in MI and CA.

After talking with USPS they provided me with a picture of the package, which does not have addresses matching the tracking number in the system. https://imgur.com/a/QzKjhVl The manager recognized right away that it was a fraud by modifying a postal label. Basically the scammer took my address and his own on the return label I provided and replaced them with ⊗⊗⊗⊗ addresses. The tracking number stayed the same and the system routed the package to my house before the postal guy noticed the address was different and could not deliver it. I am still out of the money($250) and have no real idea of how to prevent this in the future.

nickopedia 10-19-2019 10:53 AM

Re: New eBay return scam. Modified shipping label.

Word to the wise: DO NOT accept orders (especially large ones) from New York residents; particularly NYC. They are a pain in the ass.

I have not sold to New York for years and refuse to do so; it's specified in my listings.

Leader2dark 10-19-2019 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickopedia (Post 1042486)
Word to the wise: DO NOT accept orders (especially large ones) from New York residents; particularly NYC. They are a pain in the ass.

I have not sold to New York for years and refuse to do so; it's specified in my listings.

It's bizarre, I have actually noticed this as well. Up until this point, it has not been so bad. Lots of little things and some small losses. One package took forever to get delivered in NYC.

DocumentRequest 10-19-2019 12:06 PM

lots of forwarding addresses in new york and other large ports of entry.

pothos 10-19-2019 12:12 PM

Tell the scammer that you are going to do the things below.
1. File police report
2. File FBI report
3. Forward these police report to his local post office and all the big stores (amazon, ebay, bestbuy, costco)
4. Major banks in his city

We, the poor sellers, should team up and find a collection agency who is willing to work with us. The collection agency only deals with people who have a lot of debts and ignore us. However, if we team up as a group and we have a lot of business for them, that might work. Anyone interested in this idea, please pm me.

cafonabob 10-19-2019 12:14 PM

That is what "appeal decision on a case" means. Just call eBay and they will reverse it.

Also NYC is no problem at all. Never heard of this. The problem buyers are in zip code 33191 (stupid people in Dominican Republic) and 19726 (Republic of Georgia criminals).

cafonabob 10-19-2019 12:25 PM

That is outright mail fraud. Maybe he will be our next president.

agent006140 10-20-2019 04:30 PM

I dont know why he has to do this,all he has to is to return an empty envelope and it wll pass the Ebay mustard