eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   confession of an ebay addict... (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/1314-confession-ebay-addict.html)

rapunzel_01 09-21-2007 03:56 AM

confession of an ebay addict...

Im not gonna lie folks I like ebay too much to leave it :) its a love and hate relationship. I mean I can go on ebay and sell some junk on there and make money not many websites can do that. It has helped pay my debt down after I built it up of course :mad: :p and helped me with extra income when needed. this time around though I swear I wont build up my debt then sell items to pay off my debts. After im done selling everything I can and mange my debt im done with ebay I swear :rolleyes: everytime I get banned my feelings actually get hurt, no seriously, they actually get hurt I dont know why its like my life has turned upside down from smile to frown the minute I see im banned. its all the emtions I built inside me while building my feedback and ebay takes it all away within an minute just like taking candy from a baby they are happy one minute the next they are sad after the candy is gone......overall im glad to be part of the ebay community even though im not paying my fees.......:o

aspkin 09-21-2007 11:04 AM

Well there you go rapunzel_01! EBay screws you, you screw eBay.

Its a lose, lose situation.

JackNoMore 09-21-2007 01:13 PM

I'm still trying to understand Craigs List. In some ways it's like Google Base. In others it's like a garage sale. Well, more advertisements for a garage sale. But you get the idea.

So who has the best tutorial for using Craig's List? I see potential in them at least. They're no ebay but it's a start.

Chris Hanson 09-21-2007 01:35 PM

I have a craigslist auto poster that will post my listings automatically say every hour if I want it too. It also will sense if my ad has been flag and it will relist the item or ad asap!

JackNoMore 09-21-2007 01:37 PM

Make an Offer in general bugs me because of all the low-ball bidders out there. And with Ebay it's even worse because if you have a store you have to raise your prices both to make up for the high final value fee and the people trying to score an uber cheap deal. It's a fine line to walk.

JackNoMore 09-21-2007 02:44 PM

But you can't do that with Craigs List. And you need the right item at the right time or it will close way below value. For the most part those super cheap starting price auctions have leveled off and dare i say it dropped considerably in recent years. Reserves have almost become a death toll for a listing. People just don't want to mess with them anymore. Again...for the most part.

DogFacedBoy 09-21-2007 03:04 PM

Someone posted here a while back that they have a way to search all of CL for an item. You know a lot of items that I am looking for are small and shipable. Iwas looking for a remote once and actually found it on CL through a Google search.
Do you do it via rss (which I know nothing about) or some other means?

ebay-sucks 09-21-2007 04:19 PM

Craigs list format drives me nuts, so disorganized, how does anyone sit and look at those items like that. I give up after a very short time.

Chris Hanson 09-21-2007 04:23 PM

Dog face yeah I can't remember that post. I couldn't never find the software they were talking about..

And no its not done via RSS

rapunzel_01 09-22-2007 02:52 AM

hey guys I totally forgot about amazon I went back on and listed some items and I sold over 200 dollars within the 24 hours yippie.......though amazon is weird, but it works to get rid of my junk

JackNoMore 09-22-2007 07:07 AM

which works best with amazon? Bid or buy it now auctions?

delirium 09-22-2007 08:08 AM

There are options to change the Craigslist experience as you like by installing a MOZILLA FIREFOX extension called "greasemonkey" https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/748 which enables you to tweak scripts...I know nothing about that stuff but luckily thousands of people who do share pre-written scripts on a site called userscripts.org for tons and tons of ****- below is a link to the results page when I entered 'Craigslist' in the search box for scripts.

The first result is the one I use for being able to have pictures appear in the results list of whatever category I click on CL., and not having to click each ad to see what they got! WAY mo betta. Lots of other ones I am wanting to try now that I see the list, very cool I did not know there were so many!

O.K., here is a link to the greasemonkey user scripts tweaks for Craigslist that I mentioned...Userscripts.org

Have fun, Craigslist rocks!

DogFacedBoy 09-25-2007 11:09 PM

Thanks, that's what I was thinking about...now all I have to do is figure it out.