eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   New eBay Zipcode Policy (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/132345-new-ebay-zipcode-policy.html)

farazc 12-26-2019 03:15 PM

New eBay Zipcode Policy

Hey everyone,
eBay implemented a new rule stating that you get punished for your items being sent from different zip codes. They monitor this by seeing if your tracking shows that each item is originating from different locations. Has anyone experienced repercussions from eBay yet? If eBay really starts enforcing this, what can be the solution?

RigorAndMonroe 12-27-2019 07:50 PM

Re: New eBay Zipcode Policy

Screenshot of them saying this?

TheyBannedMe 12-27-2019 07:57 PM

Done some googling and I can't find any reference to any sort of policy update that's anything close to what you said.

Official link pls.

leighanns520 12-27-2019 08:27 PM

As many sellers etc seems hard to believe eBay or bots could keep up with checking zipcodes and cross checking zip codes from seller address.

SquidsScissors 12-28-2019 05:00 AM

Its all over the dropshipping facebook groups, heaps of whinging going on.

Harder they make it the better imo

rsot 12-28-2019 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by farazc (Post 1057620)
If eBay really starts enforcing this, what can be the solution?

Have to think outside the box - it is rougher but ideas exist

leighanns520 12-28-2019 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tinsoldier (Post 1057861)
https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/l...policy?id=4244

Easy for ebay to monitor, already cases of sellers, primarily dropshippers, getting caught.

It was introduced to tackle the waves of chinese sellers pretending to be shipping from the country of registration, it was rife in the US and UK. Clearly there's collateral damage with the inevitable knock on effect.

Then in this instance it's a good thing for me. I don't drop ship and I realize it is going to affect some members here. For those members I am sorry.
That's a lot of pkgs being checked tho. WOW!!!!

agent006140 12-28-2019 10:18 AM

robots do the checking,comparing your ship from zipcode in your listing to the zipcode of the shipping label .
dropshipping is fine,if you know where your manufacturer/distributor will be shipping from,it is the retail arbritage they are trying to catch

CaptainComedown 12-30-2019 12:47 PM

I think that will only matter if you are sending from a different location than stated in the listing. So surely you can just change the item location to whatever area it ships from and then just state that you are dropshipping if queried?

agent006140 12-30-2019 05:50 PM

It is not that simple-if your dropshipper is another retailer,then it is retail arbitrage ,not dropshipping

prodigyace 12-30-2019 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptainComedown (Post 1058240)
I think that will only matter if you are sending from a different location than stated in the listing. So surely you can just change the item location to whatever area it ships from and then just state that you are dropshipping if queried?

Problem is if your retail dropshipping like quite a few are, there's no way to counter this ahead of time. You don't know where your customer lives until they place the order, you give the order to the retailer, then they ship from the nearest location. EBay then matches your listings zip code/city from the moment the customer placed the order to the origin zip code/city where the tracking starts to see what you're doing.

Best bet is to look into forwarding services which can get costly, essentially ruining the retail arbitrage system. I think it will help get rid of a lot of fly by night resellers on the platform, and anytime things get harder, if you find a way to get through it, its less competition for you.

degsey69 12-31-2019 12:14 AM

Not stating where the product is being shipped from has always been a policy violation.

Some of our Eastern European drop shippers got around this by putting USA in the zip code line of the listing and a generic USA shipped from appears on the listing so that a buyer can not complain. I know this used to work as I tried it, I do not know if it works now, it did 6 months ago.

Frankly I do not like arbitrage from my eBay listings as these resellers all of a sudden can have a lot of feedback they can leave you and if you upset them they can be very damaging to your account. If I find them I ban them as buyers to protect my account.

martyjump 12-31-2019 09:41 AM

This is probably a question nobody can answer yet but...

How strict are they about the zip code part?

What I mean is, depending on what post office in my city that I drop packages off at- each can be scanned in from a different zip code depending on the post office... But they're all in the same city.

yankee 12-31-2019 09:52 AM

We ship from one zip code in Wyoming. We have accounts with zip codes all over the country.

I think as long as you put A zip code, you are good for now.

agent006140 12-31-2019 11:18 AM

if you are using AMZN FBA and you know where AMZN kept your merchandise,then you can use that zipcode,but there are some sellers who use AMZN FBA and choose to have their merchandise spread out in different AMZN warehouse to offer free or cheap shipping,like those which sell heavy equipments like engine,motor,A/C etc,the zipcode will be the closest one to the buyer

martyjump 12-31-2019 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yankee (Post 1058391)
We ship from one zip code in Wyoming. We have accounts with zip codes all over the country.

I think as long as you put A zip code, you are good for now.

A zip code as in any zip code? Like, one you're definitely not shipping from?

agent006140 12-31-2019 02:52 PM

I think she means she has many seller accounts but they all ship from one zipcode in WY ,thats where the merchadise is .

yankee 01-01-2020 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agent006140 (Post 1058467)
I think she means she has many seller accounts but they all ship from one zipcode in WY ,thats where the merchadise is .

Except I am a He.

solefoodbk 01-03-2020 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by degsey69 (Post 1058315)
Not stating where the product is being shipped from has always been a policy violation.

Some of our Eastern European drop shippers got around this by putting USA in the zip code line of the listing and a generic USA shipped from appears on the listing so that a buyer can not complain. I know this used to work as I tried it, I do not know if it works now, it did 6 months ago.

Frankly I do not like arbitrage from my eBay listings as these resellers all of a sudden can have a lot of feedback they can leave you and if you upset them they can be very damaging to your account. If I find them I ban them as buyers to protect my account.

Exactly agree. Wholesale on eBay is not very smart imo. The more a buyer buys the more they usually feel entitled to certain things on these types of platforms. There is a cushion they have as opposed to brick & motor, or private online websites

landman210 01-03-2020 03:17 PM

What about if you go on vacation say during the holidays in a different state, but dont want to completely stop selling. You can access orders from account, but ship from wherever you are on vacation and it wont match...I know this is a little simplistic but I did it this past holiday...took some items with us and they sold, shipped from a completely different state and I haven't heard anything from ebay. Didn't impact the delivery date so no customer comments either. ...

agent006140 01-03-2020 04:33 PM

I think they are going after the retail arbitrage sellers who have pages and pages of items which they dont have ,but expect Costco,WMT,AMZN,Wayfair tos hip for them after they receive payments from Ebay buyers,Ebay knows where these warehousee are and their zipcode and the kind of merchandise