What can eBay actually SEE???? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 12-28-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 16%
Default What can eBay actually SEE????

Hey guys, So I have been doing my digging on eBay with trying to find out what they can actually see as far as your personal information goes. We all know that they can see your IP address but that is an easy fix the more annoying issues are getting new addresses, bank accounts, credit cards etc. So I spoke with multiple agents...assuming you are not suspended on PayPal if you pay with PayPal they can only see the PayPal email address that was used for the purchase as well as the last 4 digits of your CC. They can not see the name on the PayPal account OR the name on the CC that you used.

Given that information it seems as long as you are only banned from Ebay and not PayPal why would you have to get a new bank account or a different PayPal under another person? Why not just change the PayPal email address or create a new PayPal under your name and add your original bank account and get a new CC with another CC number? Seems like thats the only things that Ebay can see anyway. Let me know your thoughts thanks!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-28-2019
Super Moderator

Thanked 4,980 Times in 3,810 Posts
Activity: 50%
Longevity: 59%
Default Re: What can eBay actually SEE????

eBay are not being full honest with you or the agents do not really know

That method used to work years ago. Now it just doesnt

I have always assumed that each PayPal account has its own unique number which eBay can see. That means no matter how many times the email address is changed, that number stays the same. I could be wrong... but years of trial and error with different methods suggests that is how they track accounts or at least something similar.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JamesNorth101 For This Useful Post:
agent006140 (12-28-2019), Stealthboss (12-28-2019)
Old 12-28-2019

Activity: 36%
Longevity: 26%

this is true,you paypal account has a unique ID,you can have 6 email addresses but they all share the same ID.
ALSO YOU CANNOT link the same bank account,cc to more than one Paypal account
The Following User Says Thank You to agent006140 For This Useful Post:
Stealthboss (12-28-2019)
Old 12-28-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
this is true,you paypal account has a unique ID,you can have 6 email addresses but they all share the same ID.
Are you saying you cant link the same CC or bank account to more then one paypal because then they can link it?
Old 12-28-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post

Gothca, So then can't I just create a new PayPal account under my name with a new bank account and new CC and just use that for my Stealth eBay Account? Cause I'm not blocked on PP just Eb. So as far as eBay will see is that it will be a new PayPal with a new CC. They will not be able to see that my PayPal is registered under my name or they can not see my name on my CC.

And I have linked the same bank account to multiple Paypals before but maybe you are saying you can not because then that is a link. I don't have an issue with getting PayPals linked as I am fine on PayPal but maybe linked Paypals might get the same user ID? Hmmm
Old 12-28-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 View Post
eBay are not being full honest with you or the agents do not really know

That method used to work years ago. Now it just doesnt

I have always assumed that each PayPal account has its own unique number which eBay can see. That means no matter how many times the email address is changed, that number stays the same. I could be wrong... but years of trial and error with different methods suggests that is how they track accounts or at least something similar.

Hey thanks for the reply. This is my main concern, Iíam creating a stealth ebay to make purchases on ebay. I have no issues with my paypal accounts just have been suspended from ebay. If I create a new paypal under my REAL name and link a new bank account and a new CC will this be okay to use to make purchases with on my eBay Stealth account that would be registered under a family memberís info? ( I have the Stealth Book and have the IP Burger VPN for my MAC, new user accounts for the ebay and even a new phone and number which I will use safari only and not the app to access my ebay and only use on LTE (not WiFi so my phone IP wont connect to the banned one) thanks
Old 12-28-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,395 Times in 7,698 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 81%

related: https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-t...ml#post1057992
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
Stealthboss (12-28-2019)
Old 12-28-2019

Longevity: 23%

I use my personal PayPal account for receiving payments on these new eBay accounts and it doesn’t really matter at all.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ebay12345 For This Useful Post:
Stealthboss (12-28-2019)
Old 12-28-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebay12345 View Post
I use my personal PayPal account for receiving payments on these new eBay accounts and it doesnít really matter at all.

So even tho you were blocked by eBay you still used your personal information to create another PayPal account for the stealth ebays you have is that correct? Im guessing you just got a new CC and maybe a new bank account?
Old 12-28-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthboss View Post
So even tho you were blocked by eBay you still used your personal information to create another PayPal account for the stealth ebays you have is that correct? Im guessing you just got a new CC and maybe a new bank account?

I donít create a new PayPal account. I use my personal one to receive money from my sales and for the eBay fees I got a stealth one I use and I donít buy new cc or bank account.
Old 12-29-2019

Longevity: 54%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthboss View Post
Hey guys, So I have been doing my digging on eBay with trying to find out what they can actually see as far as your personal information goes. We all know that they can see your IP address but that is an easy fix the more annoying issues are getting new addresses, bank accounts, credit cards etc. So I spoke with multiple agents...assuming you are not suspended on PayPal if you pay with PayPal they can only see the PayPal email address that was used for the purchase as well as the last 4 digits of your CC. They can not see the name on the PayPal account OR the name on the CC that you used.

Given that information it seems as long as you are only banned from Ebay and not PayPal why would you have to get a new bank account or a different PayPal under another person? Why not just change the PayPal email address or create a new PayPal under your name and add your original bank account and get a new CC with another CC number? Seems like thats the only things that Ebay can see anyway. Let me know your thoughts thanks!
open a new bank acc. under your real name, link it to your paypal with new email address and use it for your eBay Stealth account. I see no reason why and how ebay should link it to your suspended account.
Old 12-30-2019

Longevity: 45%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebay12345 View Post
I donít create a new PayPal account. I use my personal one to receive money from my sales and for the eBay fees I got a stealth one I use and I donít buy new cc or bank account.
That will get you linked if you keep trying to use the same PayPal with lots of different eBay accounts
Old 01-02-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamzam View Post
That will get you linked if you keep trying to use the same PayPal with lots of different eBay accounts

It doesnít get me linked I have tried it many times with 3 different accounts and eBay said it doesnít matter to them which PayPal I use.