Buyin a eBay Account - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 02-25-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 41%
Default Buyin a eBay Account

Hi

What are your thoughts on buying a already running eBay or PayPal account.

Just say a really old eBay/Paypal with high limits ?

Account made before 2005

Thanks
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-25-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz
Default Re: Buyin a eBay Account

It's a scam the majority of the time.

Even if you're sure it's not a scam, I wouldn't recommend it unless it's a turnkey operation where you'll be running the account exactly like the former owner did. If you bought an old account and suddenly changed the type of items being sold it would be very suspicious and eBay may ask questions.
Old 02-25-2020
Threadstarter  

Hi

I just done a quick search on ebay there is loads of eBay business up for sale on there with stock etc the only issue is finding someone to agree to leave there name etc on the accounts but even then its useless after thinking about it as when it comes to providing vat limited company info you're screwed and paying that sort of money for one of these accounts you'd wanna run big numbers on it no point staying under the 85k limit as then you'd rather just make a stealth account
Old 02-25-2020
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 57%

Phaz is spot on.
I've seen loads of these on eBay but as you commented, it would be hard to make this work.

Most of the time you just need the business idea, £20 for Terapeak for a month and some time on Alibaba to come up with a more profitable option.
Old 02-25-2020

Activity: 15%

You can sell your ebay business, some ebay reps say you can't others say you can, just Google it. It has been asked many times on the ebay message boards. That is why there are legitimate businesses for sale on ebay and the listings are not being taken down.

From a stealth perspective, that would also explain why after changing the account details on my old stealths ebay to match up to a new paypal not only are they working BUT they have also passed the 2.5k EU limit.

It is allowed if done correctly and if you are conducting business well without problems.
Old 02-25-2020
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by james_112233 View Post
You can sell your ebay business, some ebay reps say you can't others say you can, just Google it. It has been asked many times on the ebay message boards. That is why there are legitimate businesses for sale on ebay and the listings are not being taken down.

From a stealth perspective, that would also explain why after changing the account details on my old stealths ebay to match up to a new paypal not only are they working BUT they have also passed the 2.5k EU limit.

It is allowed if done correctly and if you are conducting business well without problems.

eBay has covered this topic quite well over the years and their answer has always been an emphatic No, you cannot sell your account.
If you're caught, your account will be suspended. This warning has been available on their website for many years.
I've also seen it talked about in their seminars.

You may have gotten away with it, but just like vero, it isn't officially supported.
Old 02-25-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:

From my understanding i dont see how buying a already running business can work, yes maybe if you have never been banned on ebay then you can slowly switch over the details to your details but how would it work if you have been banned already ?
Old 02-25-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandoras_box View Post
eBay has covered this topic quite well over the years and their answer has always been an emphatic No, you cannot sell your account.
If you're caught, your account will be suspended. This warning has been available on their website for many years.
I've also seen it talked about in their seminars.

You may have gotten away with it, but just like vero, it isn't officially supported.
I have a feeling ebay say many things just to please "important" people.

But they deliberately turn a blind eye if they can make money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by assad View Post
From my understanding i dont see how buying a already running business can work, yes maybe if you have never been banned on ebay then you can slowly switch over the details to your details but how would it work if you have been banned already ?
You can use your accountants address. Get them to set up a LTD company and have their address as the correspondence address. They may charge a fee but my accountant lets me do it.
Old 02-25-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:

I wouldn't trust a word eBays says and that is from experience.
Old 02-25-2020
Executive [VIP]

Quote:

That I agree with 100%
Old 02-25-2020
Executive [VIP]

Quote:

You can use your accountants address. Get them to set up a LTD company and have their address as the correspondence address. They may charge a fee but my accountant lets me do it.
It will still be a problem if OP is a director. And he better make sure his accountant isn't doing it for other clients who might be eBay sellers.
Old 02-29-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinsoldier View Post
Not a problem, I reckon there must be at least 100 ebay and Amazon sellers, some selling in the same categories, registered at the same address as me.
How is that not a problem?

I would have thought if one was to get banned you're all effected as it's the same address .
Old 03-01-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by assad View Post
How is that not a problem?

I would have thought if one was to get banned you're all effected as it's the same address .
My legit ebay account was suspended due to policy violations. But my family members accounts were unaffected.

Ebay could see they don't sell the same items as I do, they could see they are different people.