eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   can I use my stealth ebay&paypal account for buying? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/13396-can-i-use-my-stealth-ebay-paypal-account-buying.html)

derro 09-13-2009 12:24 PM

can I use my stealth ebay&paypal account for buying?

If I have enough balance on my stealth paypal account, can I use them for buying ?
Is it safe?

GreenBean 09-13-2009 12:33 PM

From my pov it is safe IF you are careful about several things:

Is the address on file with ebay/paypal accessible? Sometimes it may not be worth the troubles of askin/telling the seller you want delivery to a different address. {Some people do this: it might cause a problem}

Is the amount of the item very high? Now if it is a new paypal account & the item is over at least $50, there might be a limitation.

What you have to do is look at doing the buying with the knowledge of what you have found on the forum. The plus to doing this is Feedback.
If you decide, be careful about the seller...check their FB.:)

hitch 09-13-2009 02:18 PM

Personally, I wouldn't even risk it.

It's so easy to make a buying account and get away with it, there is no point in potentially jeopardizing a stealth account. And in the event it does get suspended for being linked (this has never happened to me, but I've read stories about it happening to some).. just change IP and start another buying account..

oompaloompa 09-13-2009 02:34 PM

yes I use it for buying sometimes, there are many threads on how to do this, the main thing is keep your real postal address to private emails only...

flipstardirect 09-16-2009 07:39 AM

For me, my stealth accounts are all registered under virtual office addresses, so it's safe for me to purchase things as it gets redirected from the virtual address to my real address, only catch is that I receive items longer.

With accounts that I know will be selling risky items I usually build up some buyer feedback over the months before converting to a seller account, usually small items ranging from 0.01c - $3 from large e-stores that give feedback automatically.

Obviously the absolute no no's you must avoid doing to keep under the radar and give eBay as the 'casual buyer drone' facade is to; keep away from buying high-priced items, more specifically the ones that may attract shipping/insurance issues where either eBay or PayPal might get involved, keep away from vero items or items that are known to be taken down; as in the past I've gotten the RNO### suspension notices to provide proof of my identity, etc. due to purchasing an item that had recently been taken down (I think eBay will lookover your details if you're involved in such a transaction, so just to be safe avoid risky items), and finally if you buy a moderately priced item and for whatever reason you feel the need to open a dispute (whether it be item not received, not described accurately, damaged in transit, etc etc etc) then you really can't, so buy wisely when using your stealth accounts if you know what I mean.

Obviously the small advantage is if you create a new paypal for buying use with your new stealth account then to eBay that won't be grounds to unleash the eBay automatons upon you, as think about it, you'll seem to them like every new user, just the average joe with low feedback who's just recently signed up to PayPal, and wants to buy some things on eBay.

Last note is to obviously with your stealth account that you're using to buy things with, to not use any information that could link the account to any other account, especially a receiving address shared with a suspended account. It's easy to forget that with your suspended seller account you may have set a separate receiving address to your seller address, and you might reuse that receiving address with your stealth eBay/PayPal.

Anyway that's from my experiences. Cheers

bluemoon999 09-16-2009 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derro (Post 103633)
If I have enough balance on my stealth paypal account, can I use them for buying ?
Is it safe?

It's safe if you pay attention to the few things people mentioned above.

I personally do not spend any 1 cent from my stealth paypal accounts, I always transfer them out everyday. Paypal is only a shaky bridge in my eyes. I feel more comfortable to spend and save money in a real Bank. I use another eBay account on a separate Windows user and pay via a debit card. No paypal account is set up for any of my purchases on eBay. :ranger:

TigerLord 09-16-2009 09:28 AM

I get things delivered to me at work using stealth accounts, always using different nicknames. It has never been a problem, but I'll do this if items are worth less than 100$.

For expansive items I use a dedicated buying account.

gera229 06-03-2011 06:40 PM

Sorry if this thread is old. It's important to me. I want to make a buying Paypal account, but I am not sure if it would be safe when it will have no balance in it. Will it be safe for it transfer from bank account to whatever I am buying? How should I buy?

Also I still don't understand how paypal/ebay will link you if you open a dispute after you bought something and something went wrong. If you open a dispute they don't know your real address, they don't know your name, they don't know your CC/ bank information. They ask the seller for tracking number proof, and they don't ask the buyer(you) anything I guess. How can they link and limit you that way? Thank you!

fired 06-05-2011 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flipstardirect (Post 104130)
For me, my stealth accounts are all registered under virtual office addresses, so it's safe for me to purchase things as it gets redirected from the virtual address to my real address, only catch is that I receive items longer.

With accounts that I know will be selling risky items I usually build up some buyer feedback over the months before converting to a seller account, usually small items ranging from 0.01c - $3 from large e-stores that give feedback automatically.

Obviously the absolute no no's you must avoid doing to keep under the radar and give eBay as the 'casual buyer drone' facade is to; keep away from buying high-priced items, more specifically the ones that may attract shipping/insurance issues where either eBay or PayPal might get involved, keep away from vero items or items that are known to be taken down; as in the past I've gotten the RNO### suspension notices to provide proof of my identity, etc. due to purchasing an item that had recently been taken down (I think eBay will lookover your details if you're involved in such a transaction, so just to be safe avoid risky items), and finally if you buy a moderately priced item and for whatever reason you feel the need to open a dispute (whether it be item not received, not described accurately, damaged in transit, etc etc etc) then you really can't, so buy wisely when using your stealth accounts if you know what I mean.

Obviously the small advantage is if you create a new paypal for buying use with your new stealth account then to eBay that won't be grounds to unleash the eBay automatons upon you, as think about it, you'll seem to them like every new user, just the average joe with low feedback who's just recently signed up to PayPal, and wants to buy some things on eBay.

Last note is to obviously with your stealth account that you're using to buy things with, to not use any information that could link the account to any other account, especially a receiving address shared with a suspended account. It's easy to forget that with your suspended seller account you may have set a separate receiving address to your seller address, and you might reuse that receiving address with your stealth eBay/PayPal.

Anyway that's from my experiences. Cheers

if its a stealth can I still get virtual office in another name?

jamcocktail21 01-03-2012 12:34 PM

How about buying stuff from other sites who accept paypal???

They don't share shipping information with paypal when you place an order as i know

Any experience?

aspkin 01-03-2012 05:06 PM

It depends how the website is setup. If it's integrated well with PayPal then all your contact information is shared with PayPal. I get pissed when I'm ordering something online, I enter my information/CC and it redirects to PayPal. Luckily I haven't lost any accounts because of it but I'm sure some information is passed on.

newjerseymax 01-03-2012 10:00 PM

I have one pp account that has 18 addresses on file...lol

rsot 01-04-2012 11:30 AM

Pepsimax that's insane ha