eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Who Remembers the Good 'ol Days? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/13400-who-remembers-good-ol-days.html)

hitch 09-13-2009 02:42 PM

Who Remembers the Good 'ol Days?

Prior to the whole DSR and PayPal Hold thing functionality. With ebay, you used to be ale to go from a bank account with $zero Dollars to thousands within a few short weeks.

How?

Well, This is what I did on a few occasions when I need to build up capital.

I Already had suppliers (chinese of course:D) That I knew were good..

I would "Advance sell" items , get the money, pay the supplier and get the item shipped. It would take the person about 2 weeks to get their product. But I always had a good excuse. "Hey! We shipped your item, but it came back to us and said the zip code was wrong" 9 times out of 10, the people would be cool and say, oh I'm sorry the correct zip is xxxxx..That would buy me some time to "reship" as they would think or actually ship the item out the first time to them. They would get the items and leave a good feedback almost always.. sometimes the feedback would say "shipping problems arised but seller fix quick" type of response.

Ahhh the good ol days.

What are some of your good ol day memories?

ONE 09-13-2009 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hitch (Post 103652)
Prior to the whole DSR and PayPal Hold thing functionality. With ebay, you used to be ale to go from a bank account with $zero Dollars to thousands within a few short weeks.

How?

Well, This is what I did on a few occasions when I need to build up capital.

I Already had suppliers (chinese of course:D) That I knew were good..

I would "Advance sell" items , get the money, pay the supplier and get the item shipped. It would take the person about 2 weeks to get their product. But I always had a good excuse. "Hey! We shipped your item, but it came back to us and said the zip code was wrong" 9 times out of 10, the people would be cool and say, oh I'm sorry the correct zip is xxxxx..That would buy me some time to "reship" as they would think or actually ship the item out the first time to them. They would get the items and leave a good feedback almost always.. sometimes the feedback would say "shipping problems arised but seller fix quick" type of response.

Ahhh the good ol days.

What are some of your good ol day memories?

Pre selling truckloads was great for us....the amounts were so large companies would just write checks or wire funds and not use paypal. We do everything legit so everyone was happy. That was back in the day though.

Now you can't sell 10 t-shirts on ebay in 30 days without getting a federal background check from ebay and periodic total shutdowns of screen names halting income on a dime.

GreenBean 09-13-2009 06:41 PM

The good ol' days? Not needing to second guess some of the things written here about ebay & paypal. Ah, the misunderstandings:rolleyes:

philly387 09-13-2009 07:31 PM

One,

You forgot to mention finger prints and a federal background check ;)

GreenBean 09-13-2009 08:02 PM

How about the good, good ol' days when ebay and paypal were two different beasts? :violin:

nobody999 09-13-2009 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean (Post 103700)
How about the good, good ol' days when ebay and paypal were two different beasts? :violin:

yeah, i'm surprised there wasn't some kind of lawsuit when ebay bought paypal.

Lyda 09-13-2009 08:39 PM

Yeap, the best times were pre Ebay/PayPal union...Ebay was good and PayPal was good. Those were the good old days.. But nothing lasts forever. World is ready for something new... I feel that "something" big is going to happen in next year or two...Somewhere, someone will come up with, well.... something.....:)

hitch 09-13-2009 10:39 PM

I used to like getting money orders. It would allow "stall time" ... "Ma'am, you're money order has not arrived yet" (Mean while you're waiting on the shipment haha)

ibanez13 09-14-2009 12:06 AM

I remember when eBay feedback wasn't linked to auctions. Buying and selling on the AOL classifieds, everyone would post feedback about the transaction despite the fact the transaction wasn't actually done through eBay. All you had to do was click the "leave feedback" button and type in the username along with your feedback message.

hitch 09-14-2009 06:17 PM

^^ Lol, I believe you're dating yourself with that one ;) I started using ebay heavily in 2001/2002 and I don't remember the feedback system being like that :FF:

TigerLord 09-14-2009 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean (Post 103700)

When exactly was that? I can't remember when eBay acquired Paypal

GreenBean 09-14-2009 08:02 PM

^^^ In 2002 and things went bad from then on...really bad:pout:

EBay Buys PayPal in $1.3B Stock Deal

s2k 09-14-2009 10:59 PM

arr well... I wasn't into selling or buying on ebay then mainly due to uncertainty of the confidentiality of personal information such as credit card etc. Would you guy reckon that sales becomes better as eBay and PayPal starts to 'age' and with people are more comfortable in trading and buying things online nowadays? Or you guys still reckon the good old days are still betteR?

TGMT² 09-15-2009 12:14 AM

Believe it or not...

We might ALL be living in the "Good 'Ol Days" right now!

I imagine it will be a whole lot worse in the upcoming future. With mandatory Soc. Sec. numbers for all PayPal accounts just to name one.

Stealth Accounts are relatively easy to create and maintain during these "Good 'Ol Days" right now.

BooMer 09-15-2009 12:35 AM

The good old days was when there was Low FVF (Final Value Fees) and making more profits, Not that much Competition around back then.

Listing whatever name brand (LEGIT) you want without worrying about a lawsuit or getting suspended.

Not having to be forced to accept Paypal for payments. Receiving Money Orders

Being able to Leave Negative Feedback for Buyers.

Now there has been a few updates that benefit us and a lot that we can do without.

hitch 09-15-2009 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheyGotMeToo (Post 103946)
Believe it or not...

We might ALL be living in the "Good 'Ol Days" right now!

I imagine it will be a whole lot worse in the upcoming future. With mandatory Soc. Sec. numbers for all PayPal accounts just to name one.

Stealth Accounts are relatively easy to create and maintain during these "Good 'Ol Days" right now.

Very good point, which is why everyone in the USA should fill out a SS-4 Tax form and get their EIN # and transfer a stealth account over to a business account (One they plan on keeping)...