eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Threat of suspension email (MC006) (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/134571-threat-suspension-email-mc006.html)

chrisd01 03-24-2020 03:28 PM

Threat of suspension email (MC006)

Hey guys,

Been using my stealth account for about 3 years but today got this email:

"We've determined that you haven't followed our Third-party fulfilment policy. If you use a third party to fulfil eBay orders on your behalf, you must ensure that certain conditions are met. We are giving you 48 hours from the date of this email to make the necessary changes to the way you fulfil your orders so that you are able to comply with this policy. If after that time you continue to violate our policy, then we will take further action on your account. If you had any listings that qualified for eBay Plus, we may remove the Plus logo from them.

It is your responsibility to ensure that any third-party fulfilment of your orders complies with this policy. If you don't follow these guidelines, you may be subject to a range of actions. We may limit, restrict, or suspend you from buying, selling or using site features. All of your listings may be removed, displayed lower or not shown in search results, without refunding any or all applicable fees. You may also forfeit any special account status and/or discounts.

Regards,
eBay"

Sounds like they haven't suspended me yet, but also sounds like my account is toast. Anything I can do?

chrisd01 03-24-2020 05:44 PM

Re: Threat of suspension email (MC006)

Quote:

Originally Posted by tinsoldier (Post 1079744)
Welcome.

Seems simple enough, comply with their dropshipping policy or yes, you'll be toast.

What do you think they've discovered you're up to they dont like?

I do have lots of listings (2700+) and they're all stock photos so I think they're putting two and two together. I'm thinking I should end all my listings for a week or so and then list items with actual images of the item from Google etc. By looking at that email do you think they'll actually suspend my account or are they just threatening?

agent006140 03-24-2020 06:18 PM

Ebay wants you to comply with its rules of dropshipping by third party

chrisd01 03-24-2020 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agent006140 (Post 1079759)
Ebay wants you to comply with its rules of dropshipping by third party

Ok, so what are my options here? Any way to sell on eBay apart from drop shipping?

StealthLannister 03-24-2020 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisd01 (Post 1079749)
I do have lots of listings (2700+) and they're all stock photos so I think they're putting two and two together. I'm thinking I should end all my listings for a week or so and then list items with actual images of the item from Google etc. By looking at that email do you think they'll actually suspend my account or are they just threatening?

How is your shipping time?
Did you have any other disputes with regards to that matter?
Also, it is recommended to use actual photos of the products. I know that will be hard since you are drop shipping. Or you are doing retail arbitrage?
I won't take this warning for granted, as they will really suspend your account if you will not do any actions.

chrisd01 03-25-2020 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StealthLannister (Post 1079800)
How is your shipping time?
Did you have any other disputes with regards to that matter?
Also, it is recommended to use actual photos of the products. I know that will be hard since you are drop shipping. Or you are doing retail arbitrage?
I won't take this warning for granted, as they will really suspend your account if you will not do any actions.

Not sure about eBay in the USA, but here in Australia there is a dashboard that shows late postage time, return rate, cases closed without resolution (eBay stepping in) etc. I've been hovering around 8-10% late shipping for a while, anything over 10% eBay can step in. My cases closed without resolution has dropped to below standard recently. It's currently at 0.35%. eBay have never contacted me regarding anything to do with either of those things.

StealthLannister 03-25-2020 03:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisd01 (Post 1079864)
Not sure about eBay in the USA, but here in Australia there is a dashboard that shows late postage time, return rate, cases closed without resolution (eBay stepping in) etc. I've been hovering around 8-10% late shipping for a while, anything over 10% eBay can step in. My cases closed without resolution has dropped to below standard recently. It's currently at 0.35%. eBay have never contacted me regarding anything to do with either of those things.

I believe you have already figured why you got suspended.
I would recommend just move on with your other accounts.

chrisd01 03-25-2020 04:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StealthLannister (Post 1079896)
I believe you have already figured why you got suspended.
I would recommend just move on with your other accounts.

Technically I'm not suspended yet, just have to follow the policy. Not sure if it's the late shipping fee, the cases closed without resolution or using stock photos. Would be nice to know so I could actually do something about it

chrisd01 03-25-2020 04:50 AM

I do sometimes use text and/or images on listings directly from the supplier I use for orders. Is it possible eBay can track this?

rsot 03-25-2020 04:58 AM

Welcome to the forum - all the best as you master stealth :thumb:

chrisd01 03-25-2020 07:56 PM

Do eBay use an automated system to check accounts once a month to see if sellers are complying? Or do actual people check the accounts

StealthLannister 03-25-2020 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisd01 (Post 1080115)
Do eBay use an automated system to check accounts once a month to see if sellers are complying? Or do actual people check the accounts

By the way, it's not once a month. Their bots are running 24/7.
when your account raises flag, the bot will suspend you, and you will then be transferred to the manual review.

chrisd01 03-26-2020 04:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StealthLannister (Post 1080140)
By the way, it's not once a month. Their bots are running 24/7.
when your account raises flag, the bot will suspend you, and you will then be transferred to the manual review.

Thanks Lannister.

I've ended all my listings, let it go for a while. Still don't know for sure what happened. Followed the stealth guide never had an issue with same IP or linked accounts. In your opinion what do you think the reason would be, the late shipping or cases without resolution. Or possibly the feedback?

StealthLannister 03-26-2020 04:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisd01 (Post 1080181)
Thanks Lannister.

I've ended all my listings, let it go for a while. Still don't know for sure what happened. Followed the stealth guide never had an issue with same IP or linked accounts. In your opinion what do you think the reason would be, the late shipping or cases without resolution. Or possibly the feedback?

All of those you mentioned.

rsot 03-26-2020 04:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisd01 (Post 1080181)
Thanks Lannister.

What's your current feedback at?

StealthLannister 03-26-2020 04:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tinsoldier (Post 1080190)

All your account needs now is COVID-19 and it's as $hitty as it can get... unless.........:rolleyes:

Sorry? :noidea:

chrisd01 03-26-2020 04:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 1080185)
What's your current feedback at?

Feedback is 98.7%

chrisd01 03-26-2020 04:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tinsoldier (Post 1080190)
Aint that the truth!

So you're dropshipping using photos snagged from google

And/or the supplier. What other way to get images? (Other than take them yourself)

chrisd01 03-26-2020 07:01 AM

Funnily enough, i just checked the directory of one of the images on my listings and it did have a URL of the supplier that is banned by eBay. Obviously not good, but can the bots check this on seller's listings?