Creating Stealth account using my old address? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 04-08-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 24%
Default Creating Stealth account using my old address?

I understand that my name alone is not enough to link me. My first ebay account got suspended but they verified my identify by asking me questions from a public record before this happened. I use to live at this address 5 years that my old roomies still live at. Would this be an issue to list this addresss? It was never used personally by me or my roomies, but I can’t remember if this address was on the questions “have you ever been associated with this address “. If this address Was included in that question, does that create potential for linkeage ? I will use different bank account, phone number and new PayPal but I actually have access to this address in a way.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-08-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,936 Times in 8,227 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: Creating Stealth account using my old address?

The first suspended address was listed at this address? Even so, address can be slightly modified for a bit more stealth safety.
Old 04-08-2020
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,552 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 50%
Longevity: 91%

You don't want to risk it. Like Rsot said, if you MUST then mod the address so it doesn't stick out too much.

But yea, I wouldn't do it if it were me.
Old 04-09-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
The first suspended address was listed at this address? Even so, address can be slightly modified for a bit more stealth safety.
The first address used is not the address I plan to use. I plan to use an address I use to live at 5 years ago. I think an eBay rep asked me questions regarding where I use to live and I think they mentioned that old address
Old 04-09-2020

Longevity: 27%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vk2390 View Post
I understand that my name alone is not enough to link me. My first ebay account got suspended but they verified my identify by asking me questions from a public record before this happened. I use to live at this address 5 years that my old roomies still live at. Would this be an issue to list this addresss? It was never used personally by me or my roomies, but I can’t remember if this address was on the questions “have you ever been associated with this address “. If this address Was included in that question, does that create potential for linkeage ? I will use different bank account, phone number and new PayPal but I actually have access to this address in a way.

I've modified the address in the past with no issue, as others have suggested. For instance, adding a STE number, or Floor number.

When they ask the public record questions should we be answering them truthfully? Whenever I create a stealth account and they ask if I've ever been associated with XYZ, and if I say no, I get stuck with a 5/$500 account. Last time I created a new account I answered truthfully which would match my previously suspended account, and was provided high limits, I believe it was 1000/$25000 or something like that, I know it was much higher than usual. This account ran great with 100% positive feedback and rock solid DSRs, but was suspended as it posed "a risk to the eBay community". No idea why, and appealing seems to not work as its indefinitely suspended. Trying to figure out the best tactics in creating a new one and would like your input on the public record questions and hear your experience.
Old 04-09-2020

Longevity: 25%

I have a question should that address be close to your ip address ? . Does ebay checks public records around that location ?
Old 04-09-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,936 Times in 8,227 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by haiderekarar13 View Post
I have a question should that address be close to your ip address ? . Does ebay checks public records around that location ?
Debatable on checking "around"...that takes quite a bit of time and energy for both the system and an agent.
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
haiderekarar13 (04-09-2020)
Old 04-09-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Debatable on checking "around"...that takes quite a bit of time and energy for both the system and an agent.
same city ? or state . Should be technically in same state?
Old 04-10-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by haiderekarar13 View Post
My IP address from IP burger is based in Texas but I listed an address in california. No issues at all, it’s been 90 days and the account is well.

I’m trying to create two more stealth accounts now that I hit 100 transactions and 7K in sales. I’m also worried when I upgrade my PayPal to business account, they might ask for an ID. I have an EIN number but if they ask for ID that account is done so I need to have some back up accounts.
Old 04-10-2020

Longevity: 36%

Why you don’t use a VPS
Old 04-10-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vk2390 View Post
My IP address from IP burger is based in Texas but I listed an address in california. No issues at all, it’s been 90 days and the account is well.

I’m trying to create two more stealth accounts now that I hit 100 transactions and 7K in sales. I’m also worried when I upgrade my PayPal to business account, they might ask for an ID. I have an EIN number but if they ask for ID that account is done so I need to have some back up accounts.
good going. Yes, possibly they will ask for ID
Old 04-10-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by abidmir51 View Post
Why you don’t use a VPS
what is VPS?. Sorry, I am new to forum