HELP! HELP! HELP! Should I Pay My Ebay Fees... - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 04-09-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 24%
Default HELP! HELP! HELP! Should I Pay My Ebay Fees...

I have outstanding EB fees due in 6 days. $1200. This business account was just reinstated from an MC011 case. During that case's investigation they also restricted my personal EB account.

The personal account was supposed to be reinstated once the business account MC011 case was settled. However, it wasn't. In fact, I received an email stating that EB would be parting ways with me permanently on my personal account and any other account found associated with it.

My business account was the original one under investigation and was cleared, yet they never lifted the restriction from the personal account and banned it. The business account is once again alive and still able to sell.

I'm wondering if they're just waiting to kill the business account once they get this month's fees. If that's the case, I'd rather screw them and buy an aged USA account from a reseller here.

My business account is attached to my PP and automatically charges that PP for my seller fees. My debit card is also attached to that PP. That PP is aged, verified, and has extremely high limits, so I don't want it to die.

What are your thoughts, and what would you do?

Last edited by jrobinsonchicago; 04-09-2020 at 12:34 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-09-2020

Longevity: 64%
Default Re: HELP! HELP! HELP! Should I Pay My Ebay Fees...

I would still pay the eBay fees.
You sold on eBay and made money on eBay.
Old 04-09-2020
Threadstarter  

I hear you. I'm just extremely frustrated with EB right now. I've lost three weeks of selling due to this case. A case in which I was cleared, and a case that should have never happened to begin with.

It makes no sense to ban my personal account after they found that I was in the right from the beginning. And now they have me guessing whether or not my business account is going to be shut down as well.

They also lowered my monthly selling limits to 130 items and $8000. A significant drop from my previous limits. Just wondering if my money is better spent establishing new accounts.
Old 04-09-2020
Threadstarter  

I do care about my credit, but if it came down to it I know how to get it removed from my credit report.

I dont mind paying if I can keep selling, but I'm not going to pay if they're going to kill the account the second they get paid.
Old 04-09-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
That $1200 has nothing to do with your future sales,it has to do with what you have sold.
No one wants to work for nothing.

you can do some research on this and Ebay seller forum to see if Ebay has this habit.
I'm not sure what you mean with this post. I know it's for past sales. The MC011 case was opened with no merit and closed successfully because of it. Then my personal account was closed with no merit.

If EB gets stiffed on $1200 I dont feel bad for them. Just as I'm sure they dont feel bad about the monetary loss I experienced without being able to sell while they went on a wild goose chase for three weeks.
The Following User Says Thank You to jrobinsonchicago For This Useful Post:
james13v (04-10-2020)
Old 04-10-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by leighanns520 View Post
Simple and to the point
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
agent006140 (04-10-2020)
Old 04-10-2020
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 29%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrobinsonchicago View Post
I'm not sure what you mean with this post. I know it's for past sales. The MC011 case was opened with no merit and closed successfully because of it. Then my personal account was closed with no merit.

If EB gets stiffed on $1200 I dont feel bad for them. Just as I'm sure they dont feel bad about the monetary loss I experienced without being able to sell while they went on a wild goose chase for three weeks.
I think you have accepted that you are likely to lose the account. If you do is the Paypal account, good as it is, of any further use to you?

The answer to that dictates what you need to do next.
Old 04-10-2020

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by leighanns520 View Post
Just as I always respond to these. F ebay. Ebay doesn't get to destroy peoples businesses and then have me feel guilty for not paying them back. When they suspend us, they ruin quite a lot of the sales you already had on ebay. Opens you to cases and refunds. ETC ETC. So, sorry.

And as we all know, ebay doesn't have to have a legitimate reason to suspend people. But hey, maybe I'm jaded, after they made me come close to bankruptcy, for a completely convoluted reason, when I did literally nothing wrong. Ebay wants to damage me and my business? They can eat the costs of my sales. After all, that's the cost of doing business, RIGHT? Ebay is a large company, they can take the loss, just as they always tell us to take the loss.
Old 04-10-2020

Quote:
----------------
You sound like it is your given birth right to continue selling on Ebay and could not care less if Ebay gets nothing for helping you in the past,$1200 fee =$12,000 sales you made.
There are not too many sales venues which could help its sellers to achieve that kind of sales.
lol oh poor poor ebay. Poor ebay doesn't get something for helping us in the past. Sorry, but present actions are important too. Like a wife beater. " oh, well, I was a really good husband. I provided for her. I didn't beat her the entire time we were together. Why should I be punished for beating her now? Doesn't the 99% of the past good help anything?"

They destroyed his business. It doesn't matter what they did before that.

Tell me, lets say he made the $12k. And then ebay suspends him, and he can't make money anymore, and goes into debt. Should ebay repay him for that loss and any costs involved? Or should we still thank ebay for the $12k they helped us make, even after we lose the $12k or more, due to the actions ebay takes later on?
Old 04-10-2020
Threadstarter  

$1200 would go a long way in establishing new accounts and carrying me through this time when no one is working.

I was hoping someone would have some insight on the situation where there was zero fault found in an MC011 case.

Specifically where they restricted multiple linked accounts during the investigation period, found no problem, reinstated the account, but banned the other that were accounts that were not involved.

Yes, gross income was close to 10k. EB fees, PP, fees, shipping costs, product cost, time cost, etc. It wasnt all profit. It was two weeks worth of sales, and I missed an additional three and a half weeks of sales while they investigated. An estimated 20k additional.

Do I feel bad that I might cost them $1200 when they cost me 20k? Not really. It's like the bully on the playground who takes the first swing while another kid is minding his own business. If the kid swings back, do you blame him?

Last edited by jrobinsonchicago; 04-10-2020 at 10:20 AM.
Old 04-10-2020
Executive [VIP]

I don't think this forum is the place for anyone to offer any advice on peoples morals or otherwise regarding Ebay or Paypal

If we had any regard for these huge money grabbing organisations we would not be contributing to a forum dedicated to outfoxing their ridiculous and often unfair business methods which, by their very nature often cause severe financial damage to the little people that they are happy to take money from while it suits them.

The OP came here asking for opinion on whether he should pay Ebay fees. He did not ask for anyone to be holier than thou with him

That said, he is likely to lose the Ebay account whether he pays it or not, maybe not, but likely. Is the Paypal account going to be of use to him if he loses the account?

Probably not - only the OP can answer that

So what does he stand to gain if he pays the fees and still loses the account?

That is the conundrum the OP is trying to solve and from where I am sitting I think 'not a lot'

It's your call OP and good luck with it
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bigblackdog For This Useful Post:
james13v (04-10-2020), jrobinsonchicago (04-10-2020)
Old 04-10-2020
Threadstarter  

I destroyed my own business? How?

I just wanted to see if anyone had a similar case or number of events that resulted in them keeping their account or having it closed after they paid their fees.
Old 04-10-2020
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrobinsonchicago View Post
I destroyed my own business? How?

I just wanted to see if anyone had a similar case or number of events that resulted in them keeping their account or having it closed after they paid their fees.
I'm sorry I cannot find the thread but I read something on the forum a few days ago whereby someone had a similar problem to yours - I believe the amount was higher but I cannot be certain

My point is there were numerous comments to the effect he should pay it as Ebay had provided the service

So he paid it - the account was shut down almost immediately - I cannot find out if there was a collection for him from the good people who advocated he paid Ebay - but perhaps there was
Old 04-10-2020

Longevity: 23%

Don't be an idiot. Pay them. Since it's your real identity, they WILL send the account to collections and though you may get the derog removed from your credit (it's not that difficult),it's very possible that somewhere down the line, probably when you've long forgotten about this, they will sell the debt to a junk debt buyer who may sue on the debt.

There are many, many infamous junk debt buyers who file LITERALLY thousands of lawsuits over older (but not SoL) debts of as little as a few hundred bucks.

It's not worth letting this hang over your head.
Old 04-10-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigblackdog View Post
I'm sorry I cannot find the thread but I read something on the forum a few days ago whereby someone had a similar problem to yours - I believe the amount was higher but I cannot be certain

My point is there were numerous comments to the effect he should pay it as Ebay had provided the service

So he paid it - the account was shut down almost immediately - I cannot find out if there was a collection for him from the good people who advocated he paid Ebay - but perhaps there was
Let me know if you find the thread. Post a link to it here.
Old 04-10-2020

Longevity: 23%

Quote:
Most businesses will sell their deadbeat accounts to some outfit pennies on dollars,may be pennies on hundreds of dollars,hire a bunch of people sitting in some cubicle and call these deadbeats,using computer listings which could show where he is now,who are his family and neighbors and landord and workplace.
Any thing they can recover is a gain,some folks just get very tired of these phone calls and negotiate t o pay a sum.
Yup! Those are junk debt buyers. I'm very familiar with how they operate. Some opt to just skip trace, call, and report to credit (which for the most part can be dealt with.. Though it's a time-consuming and reoccurring issue since they'll just sell the debt to some other lowlives), while others choose to skip trace and actually sue on the debt.
Old 04-10-2020
Threadstarter  

Thanks. His case is a little different. I owed them the money during the investigation and they reinstated it without asking to be paid first.
Old 04-10-2020

Quote:
They destroyed his business. It doesn't matter what they did before that.

Tell me, lets say he made the $12k. And then ebay suspends him, and he can't make money anymore, and goes into debt. Should ebay repay him for that loss and any costs involved? Or should we still thank ebay for the $12k they helped us make, even after we lose the $12k or more, due to the actions ebay takes later on?
-
Give me a break,no one destroys his business,HE destroys his own business.
But coming from you,you mindless FOOL,anything is acceptable as long as you have the last word.
I guess it would be t oo much for us to ask you to remove that stupid helmet from your cat,it is your birth right to do what you damn please.
jesus, wtf is wrong with you?

He didn't do **** to destroy his business. Ebay did, you freaken lunatic. You keep jumping back from normal to bat **** off the ****ing wall crazy.
The Following User Says Thank You to james13v For This Useful Post:
jrobinsonchicago (04-10-2020)
Old 04-10-2020

Longevity: 27%

I've been in this dilemma a handful of times. They tell me pay the fees and they will reinstate my account. I always remembered I can't trust them to not shut me down and destroy my livlihood whenever they like with no chance to appeal. Why would i suddenly believe the heartless scum that works there would suddenly *grant* me a reinstation just to pay my fees. I remembered they're only out for themselves and let them eat the fees as a happy **** you for all they times they ****** me over. No remorse. None whatsoever..

Gotta love being stealth and knowing those annoying collection calls won't keep calling once I cut off the stealrh number

Go stealth my friend...or take the risk and it could work out great and you keep your legit account but i feel that is a slim chance
The Following User Says Thank You to Stealthsince2014 For This Useful Post:
james13v (04-11-2020)
Old 04-11-2020

Longevity: 36%

If you want to keep that Paypal uneffected then I think you should pay