Selling digital games on ebay - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 05-30-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 23%
Default Selling digital games on ebay

Hey

A few weeks ago I started selling digital games purchased from the Internet on my Polish ebay account. The sale went very well but I found a large number of cheaters who, after buying the game and sending the code, wrote that it was not them who bought the game and that someone broke into their account. It reached such a quantity that it could not be sold anymore. I was in trouble for these scammers.
Additionally, when I wanted to sell the Football Manager 2020 digital game, the second day the auction was removed and I received this message from ebay:

We had to remove your listing because it didn’t follow our VeRO Software Licensing Policy. Some software companies have specific licensing agreements that restrict the resale of their software
What activity didn't follow the police.

Activity on your account didn’t follow our policy. More specific details are provided below.
What you need to do next

You can't relist items we've ended. Please ensure your current and future listings follow this policy.

What is the policy

- Your listing was reported by UK Interactive Entertainment (UKIE) for violating their software licensing rights. eBay’s Verified Rights Owner (VeRO) programme offers intellectual property rights owner(s) a way to report listings that they believe infringe on their rights
- Some software companies have specific licensing agreements that restrict the resale of their software, keys, accounts, or virtual items associated with the same. If you don't have permission to resell their software, keys, accounts, or virtual items on eBay, you may be violating this agreement
- If you believe a mistake has been made, you will need to contact the rights owner directly. If the rights owner approves your appeal, please have them contact us directly to reinstate your listing(s)
You can send an email to:
notices@ukie.org.uk

How this affects your account

Because you may not have been aware of this policy, we're sending this notice to educate you about it and ask that you follow this policy in the future.

- Listings that didn't follow this policy have been ended.

We have credited all associated fees except for payments processing fees and the final value fee for your listing(s).

Listings that don't follow this policy in the future will be ended. In addition, there will be a temporary 3-day restriction placed on your account, and your other listings will be hidden from search during this period. All fees paid or payable for listings that are ended and/or hidden from search will not be refunded or otherwise credited to your account.

This rule helps to ensure that eBay users trust our marketplace, and comply with the law.

And in a few days my account was suspended (MC011)
The account was private, not business.

I am a disabled person and I earn a living so I plan to open a company in a month but suspension of my account is a catastrophic message.

Turning to the specifics. Do you need to obtain any licenses or permission to sell such digital games? Is there a place on the Internet where such a license is bought general for all games?
How to deal with these fraudsters on ebay who if they have the code they write in a few minutes that their account was stolen and they did not buy the key from me?

I will be very grateful for your help. I have to deal with this somehow. Because I can't imagine my life without ebay.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-30-2020
Threadstarter  

Default Re: Selling digital games on ebay

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinsoldier View Post
You cant sell digitally delivered goods on ebay. If you're caught/reported then your account will eventually be permanently suspended.

As for 'fraudster' well it goes with the territory, they know you're not above board yourself so see you as fair game.
I understand. And can you somehow change it and buy a license or global permission to sell digital games on ebay?

I am an honest man, I have never fooled anyone. I have over 300 positive comments. I am opening a sole proprietorship in my country soon and want to create a new ebay account (business) Is there really no way to obtain such a single permit for all digital games from various producers, e.g. (EA, Naugty Dog, Ubisoft, Konami etc.)?
Old 05-30-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
I repeat, you cannot sell digitally delivered goods on ebay, licence or otherwise.
I understand. Thanks a lot my friends for your reply.
I now have to buy an ebay Uk account as soon as possible, because in a few days I am applying for a grant due to my disability and I have to wait a month for a decision. I have nothing to live on with. I have to earn because money is very much needed for me. Thanks again for explaining the sale of digital games.
Old 05-30-2020

Longevity: 22%

you must create ebay accounts every single day if you want to continue , if not you will be in really big troubles
Old 05-30-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkineyye View Post
you must create ebay accounts every single day if you want to continue , if not you will be in really big troubles

They're all blocking me. I have already created 5 accounts and they all blocked me after a few days, two weeks or a month when I started displaying products for sale.

I want to buy an account here but I can't pay via Bitcoin only through paypal. Nobody wants to sell me an account. It's a pity because I've never cheated anyone and I'm an honest man. Will anyone even suggest me buying an ebayuk account here? Maybe you have a seller to recommend me who accepts payment via paypal. I have been on the forum for a few weeks and I still haven't bought the account because there are still some problems.
Old 05-30-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
don't waste your money buying an account, it wont last 5 minutes if you continue to try and sell digitally delivered games.
But I don't want to sell digital games anymore. I would like to sell other products now. Type controllers for PlayStation, console accessories and games but in boxes.
Old 05-30-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
You know how to make accounts, do it yourself. A bought one will be no better.

In any event, your idea to sell controllers etc will still be viewed suspiciously be ebay and almost certain you'll be investigated.

Why the need to sell high risk items?
I have no other idea. I only know that.
I sold a lot of things on ebayuk for two years and had no problems.
It wasn't until I exceeded the sum of over 10,000 dollars that they blocked my account.

And I need this account for a month. Because in a month I am starting a company and opening a new ebay business account.
Old 05-31-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artur80 View Post

And I need this account for a month. Because in a month I am starting a company and opening a new ebay business account.
Hope it works out well - you will have to slowly build the new account into existence.

Digital sales will likely cause problems though
Old 05-31-2020
Threadstarter  

I understand. I thought about my decision and you are right. I will wait this month and set up a business account.

It makes no sense to spend so much money on a certain account that can suspend me at any time.
Old 06-01-2020

beginner question: How to if your account permanently suspended or not. Last time i got suspended but my account works after a month. But this time it's been over a month the account is still suspended.
Old 06-04-2020

Longevity: 31%

These scammers are almost always the same person but several accounts are created to buy and steal from you. Try for a while not to sell to newly created accounts or accounts with few comments. Check the account, date of creation, comments received and issued, look for any signs that you might be cheated. If you get scammed, leave a comment, even if positive, that indicates you are a scammer so that you lose your account and can no longer use it for scams. Do not sell to Africa, many scammers are in those countries. Notice which countries are repeated in the accounts of the people who swindled you, so don't sell to those countries. The Ebay account suspension thing unfortunately you'll have to deal with, because of the kind of products you sell, just create a new account and start over. Follow the steps so you don't get suspended, don't sell the risky item at first sell something else, after some time you can start selling the risky item. Code sellers ask for a photo of the ID and photo of the person holding the ID in order to deliver the code. The data must match your Ebay and Paypal account. Doing this will reduce the scams.
Old 06-04-2020

Longevity: 31%

Don't buy accounts, you're sure to get suspended when you publish the first article. Create several re-suspension accounts, so that when you are suspended you have another one that you have already been working on, do not post the first article immediately or you will be suspended. You have to go slow with new accounts... Read the publications about this and you will find more information.

Last edited by M_Little; 06-04-2020 at 08:17 AM.
Old 06-13-2020

Longevity: 34%

Regardless of whether you make your own new eBay account or buy a stealth account, you should make sure to follow all the guidelines detailed in the eBay Stealth Guide. Make sure that you have separate user profiles and dedicated Static IP's ("Fresh" or "Residential") for each account with no crossover. Otherwise, all the accounts will eventually be suspended if linked to a suspended account.