eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Method No Hold Ebay IN PAYPAL (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/138986-method-no-hold-ebay-paypal.html)

shopseller 09-16-2020 05:09 PM

Method No Hold Ebay IN PAYPAL

hello guys

can anyone tell me is this true about a Method No HOLD MONEY IN PAYPAL and i have new account seller in EBAY , is this true?? because when i create my account in Paypal always i Get the Hold for 21 DAYS and sometimes more than 21 DAYS ,

Camaro2SS 09-16-2020 05:36 PM

Re: Method No Hold Ebay IN PAYPAL

There is no such thing! All payments are held for 21 days on PayPal accounts that are less than 3 month. If you submit tracking number which shows delivered it should release funds within 3 days after or if you receive a positive feedback.

slokor 09-16-2020 06:29 PM

No its not true.
The minimum requirements to remove the 21 days hold:
1. 90 days from first sale.
2. 25 successful transactions.
3. At least $250 in total sales.
And those are MINIMUM requirements only.
No way around these requirements.

Camaro2SS 09-16-2020 07:02 PM

They will remove holds even if you are under 25 transactions. I tested it and when they don’t you need to simply email them and provide tracking showing it was successfully delivered. When there is a will there is a way.

Valhalla1 09-17-2020 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camaro2SS (Post 1115149)
There is no such thing! All payments are held for 21 days on PayPal accounts that are less than 3 month. If you submit tracking number which shows delivered it should release funds within 3 days after or if you receive a positive feedback.

Right. I had an aged paypal account that i had been using for freelance jobs.So i didn't use that account for about 5 months.After that i set it as payment method on ebay and all payments were held for 7- 21 days. Year 2014.

agent006140 09-17-2020 10:20 AM

if you have a PAYPAL FUNDNOW account,there is no hold on shipments,and dispute cases
open against your account

it is a Paypal account where there is no hold,and if there is any dispute,it does not withhold the dispute amount,there is also higher daily and lifetime limit

sorry it is called funds -now
https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/funds-now

Quote:

Originally Posted by PepsiCoin (Post 1115814)
what is fundnow? ohh its funds now

I provided a link earlier,

it is not always Paypal,it could be Ebay asking Paypal to hold the money,so you need to contact Ebay.
adding a credit card helps.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sk4R (Post 1116838)
Huh, did you read requirements? It should be aged with good conditions transactions completed.
Don't complicate.

not complicate,he asked a question,and there is an answer,whether one can meet FUNDS nOW REQUIREMENT ,it is up to the individual.

It takes time for Paypal to collect your payment,your buyer could be using a foreign bank account or a foreign bank issued card,so Paypal is actually advancing the money if it is made available before it has collected the fund,adding a credit card helps.
anyone who has a merchant account knows what I am talking about,you dont see the sales proceeds until 24-48 hours later in your bank account.
CC charge back could be more than 180 days,with foreign bank issued cards,it could be 12 months,so Paypal is taking a risk,

Ebay has a 30 days Money back guarantee,so 21 days for new seller,high risk items,bad sellers make sense.
you can call Ebay and ask for a faster release ,you should also be able to apply to use some of that money for shipping

then you just have to tweak your business model ,you must have some working capital to run your business .
in the real world,30 days net means customer has 30 days to pay his bill

getstealthed 09-17-2020 05:30 PM

It depends, on 80% of my accounts i get the 21 day hold.
About 25% of those get freed early, between 11-21 days.

The other 20% of accounts get no 21day hold, havent figured out way.
Maybe its the way i mark shipping method. Have to test this.

rsot 09-18-2020 04:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valhalla1 (Post 1115242)
Right. I had an aged paypal account that i had been using for freelance jobs.So i didn't use that account for about 5 months.After that i set it as payment method on ebay and all payments were held for 7- 21 days. Year 2014.

Interesting effect of ebay use...I have seen that happen as well on pp's not used for eb initially but then used later

cardfelon 09-21-2020 08:36 AM

I've got a few accounts created in the last 30 days and I am buying the shipping label directly through Ebay. The hold is released the same day it is delivered. I am not emailing anybody but the system is automatically releasing the money.

SaiJin 09-21-2020 11:35 AM

It depends on the account, still inconsistent .

Some people get lucky like Cardfelon, I haven't had much luck like this myself.

For me it still takes about 3 days to get released at earliest.

cardfelon 09-21-2020 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaiJin (Post 1115768)
It depends on the account, still inconsistent .

Some people get lucky like Cardfelon, I haven't had much luck like this myself.

For me it still takes about 3 days to get released at earliest.

These accounts I should mention are set up as a business account from the beginning and I supply an aged EIN number. Might be different on personal accounts.

PepsiCoin 09-21-2020 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agent006140 (Post 1115259)
if you have a PAYPAL FUNDNOW account,there is no hold on shipments,and dispute cases

what is fundnow? ohh its funds now

abmja 09-26-2020 04:52 PM

valid tracking number is the way to not have holds
the end

AOM 09-26-2020 08:54 PM

Add a tracking number. They will release the funds 24 hours after the shipment marked as successfully delivered. There's no shortcut for it.

sk4R 09-27-2020 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agent006140 (Post 1115259)

it is a Paypal account where there is no hold,and if there is any dispute,it does not withhold the dispute amount,there is also higher daily and lifetime limit

sorry it is called funds -now
https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/funds-now

Huh, did you read requirements? It should be aged with good conditions transactions completed.
Don't complicate.

Chris161093 09-27-2020 12:35 PM

Most new accounts get 21 day hold and normally this is down to eBay asking PayPal to hold funds for 21 days . I have got a 5 year old PayPal that 95% of payments go straight in and the rest go on hold for 21 days . Add tracking wait is it really important to get the money straight away

sk4R 09-27-2020 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agent006140 (Post 1116874)
Ebay has a 30 days Money back guarantee,so 21 days for new seller,high risk items,bad sellers make sense.
you can call Ebay and ask for a faster release ,you should also be able to apply to use some of that money for shipping

Sure call to Ebay or chat them. But it never helps. Agents repeat the same answers the system holds money until everything ok. They can not do anything if the long-hold put by automated system.

mpfteam 09-28-2020 08:54 AM

i agree with these guys. you always need to upload tracking from day one. if you are selling digital items then.. you are for a long run otherwise if you ware selling tangible items a tracking is always good. after that if your paypal is good then you should be good but yes, it's unpredictable. even if you past the 90 days probation if you start selling high risk items they will hold funds for them again for that particular item

agent006140 09-28-2020 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sk4R (Post 1116904)
Sure call to Ebay or chat them. But it never helps. Agents repeat the same answers the system holds money until everything ok. They can not do anything if the long-hold put by automated system.

There is a global recession and many have lost their job and income,so everyone is extra cautious,but I do believe you can get a partial release to use for shipping .

cmilo9999 09-29-2020 03:57 AM

i have received payments from ebay in new unverified paypal account, in which i receive payments with no 21 days hold. It happens to me few times like in 1/20 sales